Portuguese tourist falls to death at Bangkok hotel

webfact

Portuguese tourist falls to death at Bangkok hotel

By The Nation

47da787439c746b5824e9a49be14407b.jpeg

A 24-year-old Portuguese woman was found dead on Sunday morning after falling or jumping from the sixth floor open desk of a Bangkok hotel.

Bang Rak police deputy inspector Pol Captain Thanapat Suwannak said the body of the foreign tourist, whose name was later identified as Maceiras Rijo Vera, was found entangled in a barbed-wire fence at the base of the hotel on Maha Nakhon Road in Maha Preuktharam sub-district at 8am.

Police determined that she was sharing a hotel room on the third floor with her elder sister.

They suspect she committed suicide. 

A CCTV footage reportedly showed that she went to the open deck to perform a yoga at around 5am. 

The body was sent to the Police General Hospital for autopsy.

The Portuguese embassy was asked to co-ordinate for the transport of her body back to home country for religious rites.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364267

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-18

Anybody who has seen the pictures from the crime scene knows that there's no way she could have got to the position her dead body was found in, from where the police say she fell.
I saw the obligatory pointing picture, just in case anyone didn't notice her body hanging from the barbed wire.
Sad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I saw the obligatory pointing picture, just in case anyone didn't notice her body hanging from the barbed wire.
Sad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Her body was 14ft to the right of the balcony and behind a metal fence. There are also protruding railings on the outside of the buildings which would have prevented a sideways fall.

4 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Doing yoga or acrobatics ( if she fell )

if the cctv footage does not show what happened then it is

speculation that she committed suicide,

R.I.P.  young lady

But committing suicide cuts down on paperwork!

how do you get pushed off a building? would you likely stand close enough to the edge to allow yourself to be pushed off? especially standing so close to the 'pusher' who clearly has a beef with you. It just wouldn't happen... think about it

Archived