Weld says six more years of Trump 'antics' would be bad for America

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld, the first Republican to challenge President Donald Trump for their party's presidential nomination in 2020, said on Sunday that six more years of Trump's "antics" in the White House would be bad for America.

Yes we sure did not have this when Obama was in office.  He presided over the only presidency never to achieve even the low bar of a 3% GDP growth once during his 8 years.  He was able however able to put 1 out of 7 Americans on food stamps, achieve a lower median income for average Americans all while running up deficits that surpassed all the presidents who preceded him.  We certainly never saw headlines such as the following during Obama's 8 years.  http://time.com/5527670/us-job-openings-record-high/

Economy.JPG

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Bill was my Gov. back in the 90's. He ran unsuccessfully for the US senate! Me thinks he's lookin for a job,they usually do when they drop out!

The only real successful Politician to make it from Mass was JFK, the rest failed miserably!  

Ditto  grew up in neighboring Rhode Island, one of the highest State Tax income bracket in the US - 25% across the board  -  at least Mass lowered theirs to minimum 5.4 - 7.5. 

19 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Yes we sure did not have this when Obama was in office.  He presided over the only presidency never to achieve even the low bar of a 3% GDP growth once during his 8 years.  He was able however able to put 1 out of 7 Americans on food stamps, achieve a lower median income for average Americans all while running up deficits that surpassed all the presidents who preceded him.  We certainly never saw headlines such as the following during Obama's 8 years.  http://time.com/5527670/us-job-openings-record-high/

It was not that bad.... By the way, who is the president running up debts levels that surpasses all the president who preceded him, despite the fact that had not to fight any economic crisis (I help you. His name starts with T)?

_99660598_3-unempl-nc.png

_99668183_usgdp.png

debt_02artboard_1_copy_9_2x.png

14 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Bill Weld has the right to an opinion, no matter how misguided he is. Record employment rates for minorities, tackling historic trade defecits, a booming economy and hugely increased respect on the world stage. Doesn't sound so bad does it? Mr Weld is lucky in that he will get to tackle his biases and hopefully work through it over the next 6 years. Trump will ace the 2020 election. First the democrats do not have a single serious candidate, and 2nd the media still have not realized Trump is playing them like fools, all this free publicity for nothing. You just can't beat it.

Hugely increased respect on the world stage ..... ? Seriously what drugs are you on?

9 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Economy.JPG

Are you still repeating that lie about Obama and 3 percent' I know I explicitly pointed out its falsity when you alleged such in another thread.. Then I guess we could have called it an honest error on your part. Not so much now.

United States GDP Growth Rate

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

21 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Bill Weld has the right to an opinion, no matter how misguided he is. Record employment rates for minorities, tackling historic trade defecits, a booming economy and hugely increased respect on the world stage. Doesn't sound so bad does it? Mr Weld is lucky in that he will get to tackle his biases and hopefully work through it over the next 6 years. Trump will ace the 2020 election. First the democrats do not have a single serious candidate, and 2nd the media still have not realized Trump is playing them like fools, all this free publicity for nothing. You just can't beat it.

Respect ???? ????

23 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

"tackling historic trade deficits"?  the 2017 trade deficit was the highest since the Bush years  https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/statistics/historical/gands.pdf .  Final numbers are not in, but initial indications are that the 2018 trade deficit will be higher still.  So Trump is tackling the trade deficit poorly, just as he is tackling the budget deficit poorly.

As already indicated, you will have a hard time backing up your claim of "hugely increased respect on the world stage".  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/02/17/mike-pence-silence-munich-speech/2898828002/

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Obama was the first two term US President to be involved in a war....every day he was in office.

Off-topic, but that's because Bush, early in his first term, started two wars without a plan, or a clue, about what to do after the government's of Afghanistan and Iraq were toppled.

I have no doubt that if Trump starts a war in Venezuela, or anywhere else, he will be similarly unprepared.

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Are you still repeating that lie about Obama and 3 percent' I know I explicitly pointed out its falsity when you alleged such in another thread.. Then I guess we could have called it an honest error on your part. Not so much now.

United States GDP Growth Rate

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth

It's a Trumpist recurrent pattern to endlessly repeat claims that have been proven false before.

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You mean the wars he inherited from the Bush Administration?

What happened to his "pen and mobile phone," and he happened to be Commander In Chief.  It didn'ttake the Republicans nearly that long to get us out of Korea or Vietnam...both of which were initiated by the Dems.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:10 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Bill Weld has the right to an opinion, no matter how misguided he is. Record employment rates for minorities, tackling historic trade defecits, a booming economy and hugely increased respect on the world stage. 

I take it that the "hugely increased respect on the world stage" refers to the deafening silence when Pence paused for the expected round of applause at the Munich Security Conference? Not a single person clapped! Truly one of his more impressive achievements, that he's managed to alienate most of the US' long-term and strategic European Allies. 

Of course Putin, the Austrian and Hungarian proto-fascists, Xi, Duterte et al are all for him. Is that what you're referring to? With friends like those...

On 2/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, moontang said:

What happened to his "pen and mobile phone," and he happened to be Commander In Chief.  It didn'ttake the Republicans nearly that long to get us out of Korea or Vietnam...both of which were initiated by the Dems.

Nixon came to power in 1969, US did not withdraw until until 1973. US troops are still on the Korean peninsula, the treaty was under the auspice of the UN. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, JCauto said:

I take it that the "hugely increased respect on the world stage" refers to the deafening silence when Pence paused for the expected round of applause at the Munich Security Conference? Not a single person clapped! Truly one of his more impressive achievements, that he's managed to alienate most of the US' long-term and strategic European Allies. 

Of course Putin, the Austrian and Hungarian proto-fascists, Xi, Duterte et al are all for him. Is that what you're referring to? With friends like those...

I see that this post makes you sad, TopDeadSenter. I guess if I were a fan of the Donald and had held hope that he would bring about the positive changes envisioned during his election I'd be sad too. Anyway, cheer up! He'll be in jail soon enough.

Archived