Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paul52 said:

For this man to be aware that his behaviour could be considered “selfish” and wrong because because it could cause harm to others, he would need to be able to think rationally and in a sane way, but he can’t because he’s mentally unwell.  If he was sane and rational, the Police would have arrested him, but they didn’t because he’s unwell.  I think this man needs a lot of care,  compassion and understanding not criticism.

RE - If he was sane and rational, the Police would have arrested him

Well, If he was sane and rational should we rather be agree on that this situation would never happened ... :coffee1:

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

It is called mental illness not selfishness. Take some time to read about mental illness or deal with someone that is mentally ill and you will understand the issue.

True the innocent driver will suffer and all who witness the death and all who love or like the deceased. But selfishness doesn’t factor into the tragedy.

If the guy is successful in killing himself in the future I hope the driver will get some counseling. 

Oh well, that's all right then, eh?

Try explaining that to the innocent driver, if he succeeded.

Sorry, there is no evidence that he was mentally ill. You think all suicides are done by mentally ill people? Don't think so....

somehow i understand him :-). i live in  sweden and right now we are in  the middle of the winter withsnow everywhere. oh yeah,  the weather is simply awful, windy, cold, no sun.

living is very expensive, beer and alcohol beverages are sold only in special shops owned by the state...and then again mongering is a crime!

Oh deary me. Another hard luck story.

Maybe T V should not print nor publish hard luck tourist or expat stories.

The time at the moment with all the new visa rules etc, is not kind on anybody.

My thoughts go out to all those in deep brownie stuff, but TIT, this is tough.

A mate of mine just got ripped off big time and thought about topping himself. I told him to wait a few days till his heart break turned to anger at what she did. It worked. The sluuut got married three weeks after she ripped him off. Now has new boobs, new nose new car and a bloody rice harvester of all things. All this after 10, years of playing dutiful wife. Once again solid proof you can take the girl out of the bar but can never take the bar out of the girl

12 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Why? A sane and rational person is not going to kill himself over a visa. Anyone at risk, will also be at risk for many other reasons. Thailand is chock full of mentally ill  foreigners. look at the forums and you will see people listing their diagnosed illnesses like  mania, alcoholism, bipolar disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, depression etc.  

That's just this place!!

9 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

somehow i understand him :-). i live in  sweden and right now we are in  the middle of the winter withsnow everywhere. oh yeah,  the weather is simply awful, windy, cold, no sun.

living is very expensive, beer and alcohol beverages are sold only in special shops owned by the state...and then again mongering is a crime!

You could import your favorite Thai tilac.

5 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

A mate of mine just got ripped off big time and thought about topping himself. I told him to wait a few days till his heart break turned to anger at what she did. It worked. The sluuut got married three weeks after she ripped him off. Now has new boobs, new nose new car and a bloody rice harvester of all things. All this after 10, years of playing dutiful wife. Once again solid proof you can take the girl out of the bar but can never take the bar out of the girl

It seems she was the dutiful wife for 10 years. And it seems she made him happy enough for 10 years to stay with her and spend a lot of money. And now, after 10 years, someone thinks she only played that role. Did she? Or had she other reasons to break up with him after 10 years? Lots of people don't stay forever together. But it seems some farangs think they bought their wife and she is supposed to stay with them forever no matter what. No! She doesn't have to.

Just an update to my previous post regarding the Thai Lady who committed suicide Sunday night on the rail lines in Hua Hin. 

Apparently, she was only 32 years old, and married to a Farang. I have no further details but it does show the door swings both ways. R.I.P. young lady, way too young to go. 

23 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Next on immigration's list of things to do to make immigrants feel welcomed...3 copies of a certified letter from your required mental health exam before issuing a long term visa extension.  

It is already on the required health certificate for a long stay visa. :smile:

18 hours ago, ttrd said:

RE - Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

OMG, I knew it has been a challenging situation in Sweden lately because of their asylum policy, but I didn't know it was so bad ...

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-10-29/swedens-shift-right-has-immigrants-worried

He could seek asylum in Thailand, based on the asylum chaos in Sweden.

On 18 February 2019 at 8:31 AM, Aussieroaming said:

Unlike mentally ill Thais, who mustnt pose any risk to tourism. Just another example of Thai xenophobia.

Yep!  Just like the Thai driver the other month that killed his wife and then drove like a maniac down the bypass road near Toyota and deliberately (on many video news posts) drove directly into the other lane/turning point and killed another driver.....

It's only bad when it is a crazy foreigner!!   ????

Maybe he was unstable, easy to accuse that after attempted suicide, but that would apply to anyone that had successfully killed themselves too.....  Maybe he was only unstable because of fear and uncertainty of the visa renewal changes? maybe he did not have enough money to make ends meet with the new slight changes and was living on the edge of meeting the requirements?

Who knows? - But I see more mentally unstable people on the roads, driving, cycling, wandering, throwing a tantrum and pulling knives, guns, baseball bats (many videos online) when their ego is questioned that are NOT Farang - so i think I know where the bigger health & safety issues lie....!!!! :closedeyes:

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Next on immigration's list of things to do to make immigrants feel welcomed...3 copies of a certified letter from your required mental health exam before issuing a long term visa extension.  

You forgot to mention if you have to pass or fail that mental health exam to qualify for a long stay in Thailand.

Many European people suffer depression
Many get treated with those poisen pills from doctors
And they can be very dangerous
And you might do crazy things
Including comiting suicide
Alot of old people come to Thailand or Asia but have actually nothing to do
A get depressed
If you never suffered depression you can't judge him
A even going to renew visa can be problem
But I don't know his actual true story
But I have experience with this subject

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 minutes ago, Moon6966 said:

Many European people suffer depression
Many get treated with those poisen pills from doctors
And they can be very dangerous
And you might do crazy things
Including comiting suicide
Alot of old people come to Thailand or Asia but have actually nothing to do
A get depressed
If you never suffered depression you can't judge him
A even going to renew visa can be problem
But I don't know his actual true story
But I have experience with this subject

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You think doctors hand out "poison pills"?

This statement discredits your entire post.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You think doctors hand out "poison pills"?

This statement discredits your entire post.

I think you are taking what is said too literally, it seems to me that maybe the poster is not a native english speaker, and in fact, some anti-depressants can indeed prove "poisonous" to some people in that they "react" to them in a negative way.

Just giving you another viewpoint on that post. ????

On 2/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Most   farlangs , would not be allowed into the Kingdom. 555

On 2/18/2019 at 2:41 AM, Puchaiyank said:

If you must prove you are sane it means you have been insane in the past which I doubt will increase your chances for an extension ...

Archived