Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

webfact

Was my previous comment considered off topic or troll? I have noticed it has been removed. I think I've made a valid point. Somebody else here mentioned that Sweden has one of the highest rates of suicide in Europe. In addition to that, Sweden now holds the records for a lot of other activities which are unimaginable in a Western society. It's not what it used to be. Everybody knows. Combine that with the cold weather, I don't find it surprising somebody could lose their mind knowing they are going back to that after getting used to life here in Thailand. With that said, it is very important not to behave irrationally while in Thailand drawing unnecessary attention to oneself, legal or not, always stay under the radar and keep a low profile. Be kind and behave. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/18/2019 at 7:56 AM, webfact said:

Daily News reported that the story received much attention online with Thais wondering how a "mad foreigner" could be allowed into tourist areas while others speculated he may have been ripped off in some way.

Good to see Online Netizens have been hard at work. Lets hope they got some OUTRAGE stoked up for the time they spent on it. Isn't that what it's all about?!  :thumbsup:

On 2/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, Tonyt00 said:

A lot of people here, would never consider suicide, until one day they wake up, and start to consider. It can happen to anyone, except the smart farangs on TV.  

it's much less confusing to use the phrase 'white trash' than using the farlang narrative.

white trash.  go ahead, call us for what we are!

On 2/18/2019 at 2:48 PM, allanos said:

With all of their renowned cradle to grave social security, the land of milk and honey which is Sweden has one of the highest suicide rates in Europe (but not the highest). 

Britain (and Italy's) rate, for example, is far lower. 

How does one interpret that?

Not so many mentally ill people in UK or Italy.?????

On 2/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Next on immigration's list of things to do to make immigrants feel welcomed...3 copies of a certified letter from your required mental health exam before issuing a long term visa extension.  

Sorry missed this is an old post come alive again

On 2/18/2019 at 2:22 AM, puukao said:

most people will troll this guy and his family (indirectly) because they are afraid it might be them next.

if super lonely, people look at ways to be mean.  

nobody here will give to this guy's fund.

this is why it's so dangerous to leave your own country.  no friends, zero.  then people laugh at you when you break down.  

To assume in east and west in addition to speak on others behalf without permission is also categorized as a kind of Madness - JustSaying … 

Archived