Lucky escape for two drivers as Indian flips his car at Pattaya intersection

webfact

Lucky escape for two drivers as Indian flips his car at Pattaya intersection

3pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

A taxi driver and an Indian both had brushes with death after a car hit the central divider, collided with a lamppost and flipped crushing the front of a taxi.

The accident happened at the Grand Condominium intersection in Pattaya around 6 am Sunday.

Pol Capt Chanan Ketbua on the scene with Sawang Boriboon foundation found a Mitsubishi with Bangkok plates crushing a Bangkok registered taxi.

Surinder Singh, the car driver from India, was only slightly hurt and declined a hospital visit.

Taxi driver Phanthip Lesasmat, 50, who was uninjured, said he had been waiting at the lights. The Mitsubishi hit the central divider and went through the red light before hitting a lamppost and coming to rest overturned on his bonnet.

Mr Singh was arrested and taken to Pattaya police station.

The Pattaya News quoted the police as saying it was a case of falling asleep at the wheel or drunk driving.

Alcohol checks were being made.

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-18

33 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Mitsubishi with Bangkok plates . Another <deleted> must display Bangkok plates thinking he is better than the locals. Drove for 30 minutes this morning in CNX gave out 10 Darwin awards for stupid driving activities, all had Bangkok plates!

Well it is just Bangkokians visiting. But the open roads go to their heads, don't get them at home! 

Agreed they drive like asses.

31 minutes ago, topt said:

I have a Bangkok plate because I bought from a Bangkok dealer even though residing in Pattaya......so (delete) you too.....:saai:

Me too - never knew we were held in such high esteem by the "masses" :wink:

Mitsubishi with Bangkok plates . Another must display Bangkok plates thinking he is better than the locals. Drove for 30 minutes this morning in CNX gave out 10 Darwin awards for stupid driving activities, all had Bangkok plates!

Well, I moved from Bkk to CNX so all my vehicles have BKK number plates. I can drive for 10 mins and give out 30 Darwin awards for small town drivers lol

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm a bit nervous when driving through intersections along Sukhumvit. One second I'm between divider lines then on the other side of intersection I'm right on top of a line and have to decide which way is safest to swerve. 

Still alive. Just go slow. Peace to all on the roads.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:14 PM, Benmart said:

The usual experts deciding blame based on a news article, and their comedic counterparts making juvenile comments about a serious accident.

Agreed. People should take everything seriously. Live is too short to be frivolous. I live by the old saying, " laugh  and you laugh alone, cry and the whole world cries with you. "

Archived