8000000 bank deposit requirement for retirement

First posting for me , and not one normally seen on this site . I have a Thai girlfriend who I have been seeing on a regular basis ( every 4 months for a 3 month visit ) for the last ten years . I've been using a tourist visa with a 30 extension to cover my stay  .I myself am 63 years young and live the rest of the time in Hawaii where my business ( farm and guesthouse ) is located . The knees are saying its time to retire and I'm hoping to give the farm to my only son who will carry on the day to day of running the place . My Thai GF is a general practice M.D. and has been waiting for that day to come and is willing to foot the bill of me retiring in Thailand . Meaning I can give the farm to my son along with the income it generates . My question is , if I have to open an account of 800,000 bhat in a bank my GF is willing to transfer the money from her one of many savings accounts . Do I have to show the transfer originating from an bank outside of the country ? As far as trusting my GF , she is one in a million and I would trust her with my soul......

Edited by stevomaui
wrong heading

There is no requirement to prove the funds came from abroad to apply for the the extension of stay.

But if you want to change a tourist visa or visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa at immigration proof it came from abroad is required. You can avoid that problem by getting a single entry non-o visa at a nearby embassy or consulate by showing a bank book with 800k baht in it.

The Thai bank account must be in your sole name.

12 minutes ago, stevomaui said:

As far as trusting my GF , she is one in a million and I would trust her with my soul...…

In this instance the shoe will be on the other foot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In order to retire you need to have a non immigrant visa entry followed by a 1 year (renewable) extension of stay. 

If you get the visa before entering to retire you shouldn’t be required to prove the funds came for abroad when applying for the extension.

If you enter as a tourist you need to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration before you can apply for an extension. They will almost certainly require proof that the funds came from abroad before issuing the visa.

If you’re going to be using funds from your gf you should get a non immigrant ‘O’ or ‘O-A’ visa before entering to retire. Your gf should then pay cash in to your bank (no transfer). A transfer could raise a red flag.

• Sad 1