BANGKOK 26 March 2019 04:47
Patjune

Is Hang Dong still a good place to live?

1 hour ago, mrmillersr said:

People, if you want to be perfectly honest, if you live in Thailand you somehow made a wrong turn in the road.  What in the world does this place offer?  Lousy climate, crazy locals you can't trust or really communicate with, BS immigration laws, etc etc etc. 

I'm getting ready to get out for good after 15 years and won't miss a minute of it.  Thailand to me is the most overrated country in the world for expats.  If you're here you need to rethink it.  Other than being a cheap place to live, there is nothing else of value and there are cheaper places that offer more.  Just do a little research and you will see the options of which there are many.  My best day will be when I board the plane for the last time on the way out of here. 

Have a great trip.

Bye.

8 hours ago, EL159 said:

Well, you clearly know "common and vulgar" very well. "Takes one to know one" as the old saying goes.

No special talent required. No need to go to Hand Dong, Hang Dong, Long Dong or anywhere else in Thailand (or the world). Just follow this forum. It is full of "common and vulgar" members, grumpy men, many who are argumentative, men who can't read or understand simple language but respond anyway and start arguing. Men who live in Thailand but bitch constantly.

But ...... there are many high quality, intelligent, not-angry members too. Some right in Chiang Mai and surrounds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, neeray said:

No special talent required. No need to go to Hand Dong, Hang Dong, Long Dong or anywhere else in Thailand (or the world). Just follow this forum. It is full of "common and vulgar" members, grumpy men, many who are argumentative, men who can't read or understand simple language but respond anyway and start arguing. Men who live in Thailand but bitch constantly.

There i was thinking you were my friend, and you post that about me, im hurt.:cheesy:😎😇

Have not lived in other parts of Chiang Mai, so can really not compare. But overall, I find Hang Dong a nice area to live in and it is close to everything we need. (School, Shopping, Restaurants etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1