Thai motorcycle taxi drivers block Thai-Malaysian border to protest tighter immigration checks

webfact

Thai motorcycle taxi drivers block Thai-Malaysian border to protest tighter immigration checks

Sadao.png

About 50 Thai motorcycle taxi drivers blocked the Thai-Malaysian border checkpoint Sunday morning to protest what they allege are stricter immigration checks by Malaysian immigration officials.

The taxi drivers have been bringing Thai tourists from the Thai side of the border in Songkhla’s Sadao district to the duty-free shops in Malaysia’s Padang Besar.

The temporary blockade delayed several buses and cars carrying dozens of Malaysian tourists planning visits to Hat Yai. Thai immigration police, army troops and local administration officials intervened and persuaded the taxi drivers to lift their blockade.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-motorcycle-taxi-drivers-block-thai-malaysian-border-to-protest-tighter-immigration-checks/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-18

Perchance those lovely, accommodating, non-bigoted Malaysian folks are just checking to ensure that no Israeli Passport Holders, having visited Thailand are attempting to slip across the border, in flagrant violation of

Ze Malay Race Relations Committee Order To keep those pesky Jewish types out ?

18 minutes ago, Torrens54 said:

Perchance those lovely, accommodating, non-bigoted Malaysian folks are just checking to ensure that no Israeli Passport Holders, having visited Thailand are attempting to slip across the border, in flagrant violation of

Ze Malay Race Relations Committee Order To keep those pesky Jewish types out ?

And don't forget m the Malaysia  Christians, they also need to be reminded that they are dhimmis......

And of course the Malaysia Buddhists need to understand they are just infidels.

The religion of peace........

Not sure what is going on. My last border-bounce to Cambodia I was no longer allowed to cross to the duty-free in Cambodia to buy booze. I had to use a facilitator-bootlegger who took his cut. My guess is the duty-free shops are not kicking enough into immigration bigwigs pockets.

Archived