How do I change from Non B visa to Non O

Last year I obtained an ext of stay based on marriage. Years ago I had a Non B visa and this is stated on my new passport with the current stamp. My 1 yr is coming up for expiry soon and I was thinking of changing to an O visa because I might form a company with the wife and get a WP for her business that she started. 

Please advise how I achieve this. Should I be doing this prior to the expiry date of my current ext of stay or at the same time when renewing? Would I have to leave the country to do it at a consulate somewhere other than thailand?

thanks

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories at immigration. You can only leave the country to apply for a new visa.

You can though change the reason for your current extension of stay based upon working to one based upon marriage to a Thai near to the end of you current extension of stay.

If you actually have a 90 day entry from a non-b visa it can be used to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories at immigration. You can only leave the country to apply for a new visa.

You can though change the reason for your current extension of stay based upon working to one based upon marriage to a Thai near to the end of you current extension of stay.

If you actually have a 90 day entry from a non-b visa it can be used to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

sorry, its my fault for being misleading. I already obtained the marriage ext of stay a year ago and thats what is expiring soon. Do you have a list of requirements / docs that I would need to take to a thai consulate abroad to change it to a non O? thanks

42 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

sorry, its my fault for being misleading. I already obtained the marriage ext of stay a year ago and thats what is expiring soon. Do you have a list of requirements / docs that I would need to take to a thai consulate abroad to change it to a non O? thanks

You don't need to change to a non-o visa to get a work permit with an extension of stay based upon marriage. There is no requirement to have a non-o visa to do it.

Just attach a copy of your marriage certificate to the work permit application form.