Japan's PM nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize on U.S. request - Asahi

webfact

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

I think Alec Baldwin deserves an Emmy award for his portrayal of the ridiculousness of this potential Nobel nominee. Japan's Abe hasn't denied he nominated the orange clown, but OMG, is he Trump's biatch or what?

Although Abe didnt deny it , it also didnt confirm it .

Abe didnt actually say anything about it at all .

So, your suggestion that considering Abe didnt dent it , it must be true , is an incorrect assumption to make .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Nominated by the PM of Japan, a man who  continues to refuse to apologize for the atrocities against allied servicemen and women during the liberation of the Pacific, who has continued Japan's refusal to accept responsibility for the  genocide  against the Chinese and Koreans during the barbaric occupation of China and Korea. And the same PM who supports the expansion of Japan's slaughter of endangered whales.

Had Trump been a military veteran or had a member of his family who had served on behalf of his country he would have some respect for the tens of thousands of US servicemen who volunteered for service and who were starved or tortured to death or  murdered by the Japanese military. 

Trump  has no moral compass in conniving with a man who pays homage at a shrine that holds the remains of the vile scum who slaughtered Australian and Canadian POWs who were to ill or wounded to go on a death march to the Japanese slave labour camps. The same shrine that holds the remains of the commanders  of the Batan death march that  decimated the .US POWS.  Zero moral compass, Zero values and zero respect for WWII veterans who are still waiting for a full apology from Japan.

But, but Trump couldn't do military service!! He had bone spurs.

You know, those things firmly attached to the wide yellow streak that runs from bum to neck!

2 minutes ago, saminoz said:

But, but Trump couldn't do military service!! He had bone spurs.

You know, those things firmly attached to the wide yellow streak that runs from bum to neck!

Wouldnt that be beneficial in regards to peace prizes ?

Refusing to join a war ?

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Well this might not please everybody. The last Nobel was given out as some sort of participation prize to Obama, who to be fair to him, seemed puzzled as to why he received it, before invading half the middle east. This time it would be very well deserved. Trump has defeated ISIS, made peace with North Korea, has a firm grip on the tyrants in Iran, generally just done everything he can to ensure world peace. Trump has done more for women and minorities in America than anybody before him. What a great man. Even if the Nobel committee choose some virtue signalling nobody over Trump, at least the history books will hold him in high esteem. 

Give Trump his Nobel peace prize and start to restore the damaged image of Nobel.

'Trump has defeated ISIS' - single handed I hear!

'Made peace with North Korea' - but shhhh don't tell anyone, it's a secret.

'Has a firm grip on the tyrants in Iran' - by stoking even greater anti-american sentiment and emboldening the hardliners in Iran.

'Generally just done everything he can to ensure world peace'. - see above.

'....done more for women and minorities in America than anybody before him' - that's my favorite. Just ................................priceless.

Having seen many of your posts I think I can safely say your head is so far up Trumps rear end you can probably see where his heart was supposed to be.

Certainly no worse than Kissinger or Obama and maybe more deserving but to arm-twist Japan and have it revealed has to be embarrassing for an ego the size of Trump. Bill and Milinda get my nomination and vote, which of course doesn't even amount to a fart in a hurricane. 

5 minutes ago, farcanell said:

First we destroy the prestige of the office of the president... then we destroy the prestige of the Nobel organisation.... MAGA!... burn it all!... winning!... yay!

After making peace with North Korea , a Country that was destabilizing the region , and potentially averting a war , why do you think that Trump is undeserving of a peace award ?

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

After making peace with North Korea , a Country that was destabilizing the region , and potentially averting a war , why do you think that Trump is undeserving of a peace award ?

Making peace with North Korea?

First he escalates things to the brink of war, and then he gets all back to the previous stand off.

Sure, that is called 'making peace'.

38 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Making peace with North Korea?

First he escalates things to the brink of war, and then he gets all back to the previous stand off.

Sure, that is called 'making peace'.

It was North Korea who caused an escalation , by firing rockets in the direction of Japan and also NK threatening to bomb Hawaii and other acts of conflict and the building of nuclear weapons . 

Those are the issues that caused the escalation and Trump responding to that by making peace with NK

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

sure it's sad.....I don't agree with you and you don't have any data to back up your BS and that's what is sad and pity, suck it up man

You posted the 4th post and then quoted yourself with post 5 and disagreed with yourself. I’ve seen people use sock puppets to troll - but never troll themselves.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There is no apparent difference between what was, and what is.... 

where is this peace, you talk of. This hiatus may be nothing more than another one of the many efforts at bringing NK to bay, as has been seen over the last several decades... and may achieve exactly the same outcome... ie... nothing

what is this averted “war”, you talk of? Was there one scheduled? Would China and Russia have allowed it?... All I hear is a reduction in Sabre rattling in this part of the world, although the increased din from the Middle East is growing louder

but I do like the term “destabilizing”.... and that is the exact word I would use for trumps impact on world politics, and ergo, the reason he’s undeserved of a peace prize

and then I would tack on my opinion that he’s a racist, misogynistic, lying, cheating, devisive, narcissist to boot.... traits that don’t sit well on a Nobel laureate.

if peace and disarmament occur on the Korean Peninsula, the recognition should probably go to the Moon, who has been the driving force in this current process, not trump, who’s bellicose rhetoric is just as likely to cause a war, as to stop a war.

the only thing trump deserves is an orange jumpsuit... and hopefully the SDNY will be happy to provide one.

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

There is no apparent difference between what was, and what is.... 

where is this peace, you talk of. This hiatus may be nothing more than another one of the many efforts at bringing NK to bay, as has been seen over the last several decades... and may achieve exactly the same outcome... ie... nothing

what is this averted “war”, you talk of? Was there one scheduled? Would China and Russia have allowed it?... All I hear is a reduction in Sabre rattling in this part of the world, although the increased din from the Middle East is growing louder

but I do like the term “destabilizing”.... and that is the exact word I would use for trumps impact on world politics, and ergo, the reason he’s undeserved of a peace prize

North Korea have indeed stopped the missile launches , the development of nuclear weapons , the threats of war .

That is the peace that I was referring too .

NK had previously been a hostile rogue state , they have changed to a more open and friendly nation .

The hostilities have ceased and the talks are on-going , I believe that Trump is delaying the talks , so that he can sign any further agreements to coincide with the next U.S elections .

NK were developing  nuclear weapons that could reach U.S soil and NK also stated they were going to use them against the USA.

That is a threat of war and the USA would have engaged NK in a war , had they further developed their nukes .

Both China and Russia , Japan ans south Korea  were uncomfortable with NK's behavior , but neither of them did anything about it .

Donald steps up and resolves the problem, by befriending Kim .

Donald deserves credit for resolving the issue diplomatically , rather than by force

1 hour ago, ncc1701d said:

You posted the 4th post and then quoted yourself with post 5 and disagreed with yourself. I’ve seen people use sock puppets to troll - but never troll themselves.

Very obvious he was again reacting to post #3, same as he reacted to in the previous post, just messed up the quotes.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was North Korea who caused an escalation , by firing rockets in the direction of Japan and also NK threatening to bomb Hawaii and other acts of conflict and the building of nuclear weapons . 

Those are the issues that caused the escalation and Trump responding to that by making peace with NK

NK were just doing what NK has always done.... then Donald poked them.

anyhow... I’m kindly attaching a map for your perusal, which might explain why NK fired rockets in an easterly direction... perhaps you might suggest a different direction that they could use to test rockets... regarding your objection to direction, vs the right to develop and test rockets

when did NK threaten to bomb Hawaii?

NK is not a part of any nuclear non proliferation act, and as it is technically at war with the US, why should they not build and test new technology, to counter weapons built by the country they are at war with?

If trump wants a peace prize.... he should declare an end to the war.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

North Korea have indeed stopped the missile launches , the development of nuclear weapons , the threats of war .

NK had previously been a hostile rogue state , they have changed to a more open and friendly nation .

The hostilities have ceased and the talks are on-going , I believe that Trump is delaying the talks , so that he can sign any further agreements to coincide with the next U.S elections .

NK were developing  nuclear weapons that could reach U.S soil and NK also stated they were going to use them against the USA.

That is a threat of war and the USA would have engaged NK in a war , had they further developed their nukes .

Both China and Russia , Japan ans south Korea  were uncomfortable with NK's behavior , but neither of them did anything about it .

Donald deserves credit for resolving the issue diplomatically , rather than by force

Ah... I see... this thing that you referred to was FAKE NEWS.... NK has not stopped anything, other than US sponsored war games perhaps.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/22/north-korea-still-developing-nuclear-weapons-iaea-report-un

And... on December 5 2018, Sat images showed significant improvements to a key long range missile base... so... ?

regards less overt hostility... are you referencing Kim’s smiling face everywhere? He should be smiling after scamming trump with flowery words.... and, outwardly NK has been peaceful before.... actually, when has it not been outwardly peaceful in the last fifty years?

the “hostilities” arr arguably simply them building and testing weapons to protect themselves from the great satan.

Perhaps china and Russia etc are more worried because of the potential US counter threat, as any fallout will impact on their countries.... just a thought

anyway... more peaceful... if true it’s probably only because NK now has the security of a working countermeasure to its enemy, so they can relax a little and start enjoying the fruits of their labor/sacrifices, which in no way means trump did anything worth recognition.

oh... yer... NK said they would look at US targets if the US sought to remove Kim from power.... if that threat were not made, NK would not have made a counter threat (yep... way to go Donald)

kim himself would be more deserving of a peace medal, than trump, if peninsular peace and nuclear disarmament was the criteria.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

Yer couldn't make it up????

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Well this might not please everybody. The last Nobel was given out as some sort of participation prize to Obama, who to be fair to him, seemed puzzled as to why he received it, before invading half the middle east. This time it would be very well deserved. Trump has defeated ISIS, made peace with North Korea, has a firm grip on the tyrants in Iran, generally just done everything he can to ensure world peace. Trump has done more for women and minorities in America than anybody before him. What a great man. Even if the Nobel committee choose some virtue signalling nobody over Trump, at least the history books will hold him in high esteem. 

Give Trump his Nobel peace prize and start to restore the damaged image of Nobel.

Great wind up.

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

If the US is a peace with North Korea, why don’t you do us all a favour and take stroll across the DMZ?

Let us know how it all works out for you. 

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Please enlighten us as to what exactly has Trump done for women and minorities in the US.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The report follows Trump's claim on Friday that Abe had nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize for opening talks and easing tensions with North Korea.

The Japanese leader had given him "the most beautiful copy" of a five-page nomination letter, Trump said at a White House news conference.

Oh you ridiculous, ridiculous man. 

Narcissism 101. 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

North Korea stopped testing because the last test they did was so large it caused the collapse of the underground testing site. 

Nothing whatsoever to do with trump’s attempt to hijack South Korea’s peace initiative. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-43894394

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/26/north-korea-nuclear-programme-rocked-collapse-test-site/amp/

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

Lol.... I forgot to attach that map so sanemax could suggest alternative test directions to easterly... here it is

7519DCCB-CA93-4B63-91BB-6A9026DC289E.png

A solution to stop NK firing rockets in the direction of Japan , would be to get all parties , USA , Japan , South Korea , North Korea to all sit around a table , give North Korea assurances and guarantees  that no Country will attack them and thus they do not need any missiles and no need to carry out any tests  .

And that is what Donald did

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

NK were just doing what NK has always done.... then Donald poked them.

anyhow... I’m kindly attaching a map for your perusal, which might explain why NK fired rockets in an easterly direction... perhaps you might suggest a different direction that they could use to test rockets... regarding your objection to direction, vs the right to develop and test rockets

when did NK threaten to bomb Hawaii?

NK is not a part of any nuclear non proliferation act, and as it is technically at war with the US, why should they not build and test new technology, to counter weapons built by the country they are at war with?

If trump wants a peace prize.... he should declare an end to the war.

You are mistaken , USA and NK are tot technically at war , you must be thinking of North & South Korea .

NK & SK are taking steps to end their hostilities , slowly but surely .

NK were just doing what they had always done , now that USA and NK are on friendly terms , they have now stopped doing what they had always done .

The framework for a peaceful solution to the hostilities has been set and further agreements are in the pipeline , Donald is just waiting for the next USA elections , before things progress further .

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Seems like it was made up  , Abe wouldnt even confirm whether he had or had not nominated Trump for the prize .

You may be right in that it’s made up, given this particular sources continual lying and deception

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The report follows Trump's claim on Friday that Abe had nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize 

Archived