Ex-congressman Weiner released from prison after sexting scandal

webfact

Ex-congressman Weiner released from prison after sexting scandal

2019-02-18T033555Z_1_LYNXNPEF1H041_RTROPTP_4_PEOPLE-WEINER.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Former U.S. Congressman Anthony Weiner departs U.S. Federal Court, following his sentencing after pleading guilty to one count of sending obscene messages to a minor, ending an investigation into a "sexting" scandal that played a role in last year's U.S. presidential election, in New York, U.S., September 25, 2017. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File photo

(Reuters) - Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former congressman who helped play a role in Hillary Clinton's defeat in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, has been released from federal prison after serving about 14 months for exchanging sexually explicit texts with a 15-year-old girl.

Weiner, 54, has been released from the Federal Medical Center in Devens, Massachusetts, and is under the supervision of a residential re-entry management office in Brooklyn, according to prison records.

The seven-term congressman who ran unsuccessfully several times for New York City mayor will be free on May 14, records show, about three months earlier than his 21-month sentence. He had pleaded guilty to sending the texts and had faced up to 10 years in prison.

The FBI discovered a trove of emails belonging to his then-wife, Huma Abedin, a senior aide to Hillary Clinton, on Weiner's laptop. Then-FBI Director James Comey announced just weeks before the presidential election that his agency was reopening an investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server while she was U.S. secretary of state.

Clinton said the move contributed to her stunning loss to Republican Donald Trump.

Abedin filed for divorce. The couple has a 7-year-old son, Jordan.

(Reporting by Barbara Goldberg in New York; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-02-18

I have no idea why men send dick pics but in conversations with TF girls apparently, it is a worldwide obsession/phenomena. It leaves me scratching my head but I don't think that it deserves jail time.

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

I have no idea why men send dick pics but in conversations with TF girls apparently, it is a worldwide obsession/phenomena. It leaves me scratching my head but I don't think that it deserves jail time.

When you send the pics and have lewd conversations with a 15-year old, which is what he did, that deserves jail time. 

This guy in an absolute a-hole as a politician, husband, father and human being. Just watch the documentary about him (Wiener) to get a sense of his arrogance and stupidity. But then he is typical of most politicians these days.

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

He has paid for what he did. Such a shame, considering he was a formidable political talent and a brilliant orator. Watching him take the FOX talking heads apart was poetry in motion.

O'rly?

Funny how 'as sleazy' Chuck Schumer dropped his close relationship with 'Weiner Boi'

as soon as the press exposed his penchant for being a pervert.

6 hours ago, baboon said:

He has paid for what he did. Such a shame, considering he was a formidable political talent and a brilliant orator. Watching him take the FOX talking heads apart was poetry in motion.

What grade of poetry would you give the lewd performances?

7 hours ago, baboon said:

I guess that wasn't your 15-year old daughter he was sending dic pics to. But then most liberals will overlook anything as long as their candidate says what they want to hear. 

Archived