BANGKOK
Taco

Tourist Police taking the fun out of Koh Phangan

54 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Before Tony Blair, Britain used to close pubs in the afternoon. Hardly a new concept. 

I think you mean England, who can't handle their drink.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I think you mean England, who can't handle their drink.

Spoken as if you've never had to put up with drunken Scottish, Welsh and Irish. England makes up the large majority of Britain anyway, and the point I'm making stands: afternoon pub closing is nothing new.

22 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Spoken as if you've never had to put up with drunken Scottish, Welsh and Irish. England makes up the large majority of Britain anyway, and the point I'm making stands: afternoon pub closing is nothing new.

I was joking 😃

I've had to pity up with many drunken Scots, especially ones that drink that wine from Buckfast Abbey in England!

I remember being apprehended in London for drinking a can of beer in Trafalgar Square, what medieval law!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I remember Haad Run beach in 1992, only two bars, Tommy's was the best. 60 baht for a bungalow near the sea. 10 baht for a noodle lunch. 

100 people at the full moon party, paradise. 

I was there too. Though I stayed at Charlie's Huts on Samui and took a boat back and forth.

Not sure about the one hundred figure.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Siam Reap the hotel I stayed at had a 24/7 pool bar serving beer for 50c a pint.

Half the tables had joints, grinders, and bags of weed on open display with everyone partaking.

Didn't see any police the entire time I was there.

They know how to make tourists welcome!

And yes I did have beer for breakfast, the next cheapest drink was a pot of tea for $1, which wasn't bad value as you could get 4 cups from it.

Sounds nice. What hotel was that? (The wife and I are thinking of going there next year.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Those are the laws of Thailand and they are being enforced in other parts of Thailand as well , as they have been for a number of years .

What makes you think that KPG should be exempt from the laws of Thailand ?

BUT hes speaking about tourist bars and restaurants in tourist areas  on a tourist island

To totally confound everything

My town army controlled the beer shop / bar on promenade when 90% of folk drink has a big sign about tomorrow (dry day) beer for sale "take away only" so its being sold with blessing as long as drink elsewhere