CW today - not accept monthly income by bank transfers

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, david555 said:
as retired you receive a pension or equal named ….., some organization pay this to the retired /pensioner .
From mine I can get yearly a nice letter stating what I receive for the rest of my life.... and with a nice purple seal … a seal that is what all bureaucrat officials  adore ...emoji39.png

Only at certain ages, in the UK earliest is 55, exception is certain govt medical early retirements. That's my point, many people aren't old enough to receive a pension but have the income easy enough which could just be cash transfers

yes understand your point .My country groups all pensions in 1 organization gov. workers , workers and independents , and of course besides are the private extra pensions , but they have all an organization who pays them.

Let us hope for many others , that Thailand not go follow  rule by only recognizing pensioners if they reached the legal age or status by each individual country , that would be total funny ….ain't it. ????

Up to Thailand who they consider as a retired or pensioner , sadly enough , but it is their country and we may only jump thru their hoops 

"from my german embassy that i am retired already". NOT EVERYONE IS RETIRED.... they just don't get it.  Many people in this wild wonderful world today are cashed up enough in their 30's or 40's or 50's to want to do nothing but spend money and lie under a coconut tree.  The so called retirement visa doesn't actually exist.  You show me where an official Thai visa document states "retirement visa".... there is no such thing.   

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just pay an agent to get your VISA and extension.

That's what immigration want.

You still don't understand, do you ? :unsure:

Rules are becoming stricter and harder because of people using agents.

If this small change in rules doesn't manage to stop agents,

Immigration will just make news rules even more difficult for all of us ! :sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The rules are created to try and force people to use agents.

Immigration will create more rules until everyone uses agents. //

I think your are fully wrong on that... but arguing on it  is today useless.

Let's wait a few months and see what happen...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
41 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Seems you understand even less.

Immigration will create more rules until everyone uses agents.

(or a new government arises that actually stops corruption in the police force)

That just doesn't make any sense at all. Immigration have just brought in much more stringent 'money in the bank rules'.

If what you say is true Immigration would have simply cancelled the income method as an option and said everybody must use the money in the bank option in future, under the old rules and not brought in any new ones.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, pattayadgw said:

"from my german embassy that i am retired already". NOT EVERYONE IS RETIRED.... they just don't get it.  Many people in this wild wonderful world today are cashed up enough in their 30's or 40's or 50's to want to do nothing but spend money and lie under a coconut tree.  The so called retirement visa doesn't actually exist.  You show me where an official Thai visa document states "retirement visa".... there is no such thing.   

Yeah i was self employed in germany and i never paid a cent into the state pension. 

Did my own private retirement preparation, basically there's no way to ever get a german income affidavit for people like me afaik as they base everything on the dull state pension system.

8 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Wishing to get stamped in for a further 12 months, how long before it expires will i have to leave and re enter the country.

You only have to do it before the date it expires. There is no requirement to do it any amount of time before that day.

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Well it took them 20 years to get round to it his time ..... twenty more years has got me covered. 

If they simply wanted to stop agents, they could do it more directly.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Seems you understand even less.

No they aren’t!

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Immigration will create more rules until everyone uses agents.

(or a new government arises that actually stops corruption in the police force)

If they wanted us to use agents they would simply insist all applications go though agents! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They would of accepted it for those that cannot get proof of income from their embassy anymore.

As I wrote in a earlier post this is not the first time that it has happened.

Joe, didn't the language of the new/revised police order offer the monthly transfers to a Thai bank account as a separate, distinct option for meeting the financial requirement for extensions?  Along with the other options of a fixed bank deposit or embassy income letter...

I don't remember the language regarding the monthly transfers to a Thai bank as being ONLY available for citizens of certain countries or ONLY in cases where their embassies were no longer issuing income affidavits...

Is this another case of Immigration apparently going off the rails, just as with the recent report that Phuket Immigration had refused to accept a valid Embassy income affidavit issued in late 2018.... which should under their own rules have been valid and accepted for the normal six months from issuance.

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Joe, didn't the language of the new/revised police order offer the monthly transfers to a Thai bank account as a separate, distinct option for meeting the financial requirement for extensions?  Along with the other options of a fixed bank deposit or embassy income letter...

Their have been two orders. One revising the proof of income and another for one for the money in the bank option that includes the combination option. 

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't remember the language regarding the monthly transfers to a Thai bank as being ONLY available for citizens of certain countries or ONLY in cases where their embassies were no longer issuing income affidavits..

The order for income only states  image.png.038932904a4fd65b96354db7ab81de47.png

in the case mentioned in this topic they are interpreting it to mean if you can get the income certification from an embassy that is what they want.

Also this was for a visa application not an extension application and they may be applying different rules.

When I read this topic, I can't help thinking back to a recent thread by another member here who was told by his provincial Immigration office that the monthly foreign bank transfers are only going to be allowed as a transitional method during 2019, and once in 2020, it will be Thai bank deposit or Embassy income letter only.

That guidance was widely derided in that thread about being the wrong interpretation of a local Immigration office and guidance not consistent with what the actual recent Immigration order language actually says -- the latter of which is certainly true.

But IF, and I stress the term here IF.... if we find that other Immigration offices are NOT going to allow monthly foreign bank transfers from those who are still able to obtain Embassy income letters, to me at least, that at least raises the possibility that the guidance in the other thread is correct and that the foreign monthly bank transfers method may be only a temporary accommodation.

Of course, another interpretation could be that Immigration simply wants to limit the extent to which its officers have to take the time and trouble to go thru examining 12 monthly bank transfers as being of sufficient amounts and being foreign source, and thus has decided to limit the hassle and workload associated with that checking just to the 4 or so no income letter country citizens.

Of course, AFAIK, nowhere in the Immigration order does it say anything to suggest that, nor AFAIK have any public statements from any Immigration officials indicated that's the way they're going to implement the monthly foreign transfers rule.

• Like 1

If they wanted us to use agents they would simply insist all applications go though agents! 
I think they should just like many countries. They should certify the approved agents. Set an official fee of 5k. That will be win win for immigration. IOs don't have to deal with farangs.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, elviajero said:

If they wanted to prevent applications that bypass the requirements,  they would insist all applications are done in person and eliminate agents. It just isn't the way things get done here. 

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:
On 2/19/2019 at 8:03 AM, elviajero said:

If they wanted to prevent applications that bypass the requirements,  they would insist all applications are done in person and eliminate agents. It just isn't the way things get done here.

All applications should be made in person already. Agents assisting with applications isn’t the problem and essential for non Thai or English speaking applicants.

Corrupt agents and IO’s are the problem, not agents.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yours is not the first report of a immigration refusing to accept the transfers into a Thai bank account from a person that could still obtain proof of income from their embassy.

The consulate in Savannakhet Laos and Penang Malaysia do not ask for the medical or police clearance to get a single entry non-o visa. They do ask for proof of retirement. I suggest you get a income letter from the German embassy to prove your income and for proof of retirement.

You could also do border hop to get a 30 day visa exempt entry and apply for for the visa at immigration again after getting the income letter your the embassy.

Joe, can you show them a Thai bank account with 800k+ in it?  Or a foreign account with equivalent?  I have always counted on Savanaket if I lost my current extension, and like to stay up on the procedure.  Thanks!