Meeting With an Immigration Heads

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The orders in English and Thai are posted for download here.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

I wasn't asking for the order. I was pointing out too the OP that what is required is contained in it.

Thanks for posting the links though as at least the OP can now read it. ????

8 hours ago, Kidbooo said:

Hello everyone,

I suggest that moderators/owners of ThaiVisa arrange a meeting with the heads of Immigration and find out exactly what mobdro.bio/ Lucky Patcher Kodi is needed for the retirees. This seems to be where most of the affected retirees hang out. Luckily, I won't be needing a visa in a year or so but have lots of older friends worrying about this. So how about it UbonJoe and co.???

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

ThaiVisa management has tried to contact immigration to set up an interview with immigration but got no response.

Remember Joe... Good guys out, bad guys in...

And, we can't be bothered to answer your calls or even clearly explain in English the rules we're supposedly enforcing.

I guess that means BJ only answers his much publicized phone number if it's going to result in an opportunity for him to star in a press conference somewhere.

• Like 1

I read these threads re visas and think that I must have had an incredibly charmed run in the last few years to have had zero issues renewing a visa and zero problems at immigration offices in general (aside from pushy Chinese trying to shove in line when turning up at 8am). I've found the Chiang Mai immigration people to be getting better rather than worse. 

I genuinely do feel sorry for those among us having these issues though, I imagine the stress of wondering if you qualify for next visa or not could be pretty overwhelming. 

'A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.'

To all those who smugly quote the Immigration link (extract above).

I cannot keep 800,000 in a Thai bank.

I can show more than this with a UK Income tax statement for the year. (Would this pass muster?)

I can show a million baht entering Thailand during the course of a year in four or more Transferwise foreign deposits to my Bangkok bank BUT NOT MONTHLY. 

Is this allowed?

33 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I can show more than this with a UK Income tax statement for the year. (Would this pass muster?)

I can show a million baht entering Thailand during the course of a year in four or more Transferwise foreign deposits to my Bangkok bank BUT NOT MONTHLY. 

Is this allowed?

I don't need to smugly do anything, you can read as well as anyone else! Comply or seek alternatives.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Hi, yes we’re talking with Immigration just now on a number of issues, not only on regarding retirement visas.

We’ll bring you news about it as soon as we can.

Your post here is a bit perplexing because just in the past 24 hours, UbonJoe posted, in response to a question, that ThaiVisa had been attempting to set up a meeting with BJ and had received no response to those entreaties...

Unless you're talking about the difference between a meeting with BJ himself vs. you talking about being in talks with other Immigration officials of some sort.

Can you clarify just what is or isn't going on and at what level?

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

'A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.'

No.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Is this allowed?

Almost certainly not. You need to make monthly transfers. Just send your money monthly instead and your problems solved.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't need to smugly do anything, you can read as well as anyone else! Comply or seek alternatives.

Grumpy this morning.  What is wrong with asking the questions I did?  Tax cert - yes or no?  Four transfers instead of 12?

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Is this allowed?

The IO who said that my transfers into Kasikorn from Transferwise were OK, was emphatic about transfers being EVERY month...... so no, you will fall foul of the new system.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Grumpy this morning.  What is wrong with asking the questions I did?  Tax cert - yes or no?  Four transfers instead of 12?

Yes, pre-cuppa. :sorry:

It just seems futile to keep trying to lay down alternatives to the written requirements. Especially in this environment where even those are being wildly interpreted. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thomas J said:

If we don't like what we hear, we can arrange a second or third meeting and get a different response the next time since they change each time the same question is asked. 

In other words, not too dissimilar to what some in the UK are currently advocating - with "referendum" being substituted for "meeting", of course!????

• Like 1