Retirement visa in France

Hello to you all.. Can anyone help with this. 

I'm looking to retire here in Thailand the end of this year.. Beginning of next can I arrange my visa in France at the embassy or is it better to do it here I have cash required in both countries so that's no problem I'm married but after talking to a few people on here retirement is a better option than. A marriage one.. If the Thai is the only option  I'd just come over on  a OA multi as usual give me 1 year plus extension  1 year so I'd would not be under pressure to have to do it as soon as I get back here in November either way is good for me just Wondering.. I also understand that with new laws it's a simple case of 800. 000 in bank   no Sharks ha 

I would say it would be best to get the OA long stay visa if you can qualify for it.

Requirements are here on the embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/les-types-de-visa-et-les-documents-necessaires/visa-o-long-stay/

You could also get a a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for and extension based upon retirement near the end of the 90 entry from it. Or and extension based upon marriage that only requires 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months (no need for keeping it in bank afterwards like the new rules for retirement).

On 2/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

I would say it would be best to get the OA long stay visa if you can qualify for it.

Requirements are here on the embassy website. http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/les-types-de-visa-et-les-documents-necessaires/visa-o-long-stay/

You could also get a a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage and then apply for and extension based upon retirement near the end of the 90 entry from it. Or and extension based upon marriage that only requires 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months (no need for keeping it in bank afterwards like the new rules for retirement).

Thanks for that mate will look into it 

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Thanks for that mate will look into it 

OK I've just seen a thing on here about the oa visa   it reads that if you have already had one supplied in your country of residence and had to show 20.000 I  French .. Account which I did  the second visa must show 800.000 in Thai bank not In French  mmm why I wonder 

1 minute ago, Harveyboy said:

OK I've just seen a thing on here about the oa visa   it reads that if you have already had one supplied in your country of residence and had to show 20.000 I  French .. Account which I did  the second visa must show 800.000 in Thai bank not In French  mmm why I wonder 

That is the only embassy that has that in their requirements. Not sure if they actually enforce it.

It is certainly not a requirement according to the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

People from other countries have been getting them for years and have been able to show the funds in a bank in their home country.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is the only embassy that has that in their requirements. Not sure if they actually enforce it.

It is certainly not a requirement according to the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

People from other countries have been getting them for years and have been able to show the funds in a bank in their home country.

OK mate  I'll look into it.. Will probably have funds here in LOS just in case tks for that.. 

13 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

I was in the same situation as you. Got non O-A in Paris, than after one year in Thailand I didn't have any particular need to leave the country, so I got a "Thai wife" extension in Kap Choeng with 400K in a Thai bank. Absolutely no problem. Clever wife and two young kids may help though.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, KiChakayan said:

I was in the same situation as you. Got non O-A in Paris, than after one year in Thailand I didn't have any particular need to leave the country, so I got a "Thai wife" extension in Kap Choeng with 400K in a Thai bank. Absolutely no problem. Clever wife and two young kids may help though.

Was thinking of later a retirement visa ..only thing is i will be leaving the country a few times each year so for now the oa multi entry from france is good then i can get retirement with a multi exit ..entry ..3500 a year i think it costs..