Vientiane Visa Run

Hi,

I'm planning on getting a thai tourist visa in Vientiane this week, and have noticed they are now using a new online booking system.

Was hoping to go Wednesday, but the earliest they have is Friday (which isn't great having to waiting over the weekend)

If I was to walk in late morning on Weds/Thurs (around 10:30) is there a chance may take my application without prior booking, if perhaps there's been some cancellations or no shows in the morning?

Or is it 100% strictly no booking no visa?

And perhaps any general feedback from anyone who's done a visa run recently since the 1st Feb

Johnson81

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

You cannot just walk in. That is why is it is now appointment system and why the visa run company's now check you actually have a confirmed booking before they will transport you there.
As far as I am aware, you cannot even enter there without an appointment

Yes I thought as much, do you know if they update their online booking system for cancelled appointments?

And if you can't even get inside without a booking, I guess that means no more agents loitering outside?

Just now, Johnson81 said:

Yes I thought as much, do you know if they update their online booking system for cancelled appointments?

And if you can't even get inside without a booking, I guess that means no more agents loitering outside?

There latest notice specifically stated 'No agents'. I have no idea how they update there info but as for cancellations, you cannot cancel with less than 24 hrs left on your booking without paying the penalty of being banned from there for a month (If I remember without going on the system to look) I am led too believe even the visa run company's cannot make a booking for you without your personal details so, even if agents are working the system, I am not sure how an agent would get a booking there and then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Tomorrow is a holiday so that is probably why you cannot find a appointment for Wednesday or Thursday. 

Friday is available because people don't want to spend the weekend to pick up their passport on Monday.

Yes did spot the holiday tomorrow. All in all a very poorly planned trip on my behalf....

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't get it op. Of course depends where your coming from, but if flying to udon or Vientiane, then why not fly Sunday/whatever go to consulate am next day stay night Vientiane one night pick up pm. 

Flying from Phuket, my current expires on Wednesday, so can't wait until the weekend.

1 minute ago, Johnson81 said:

Flying from Phuket, my current expires on Wednesday, so can't wait until the weekend.

Apply for an extension on Wednesday, pay the 1900 baht fee and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

6 hours ago, Johnson81 said:

I used the Agents outside before just to fill the form in.. when i went inside they warned me not to use the sgents outside again or i might be refused my visa.. So they are trying to block that..

58 minutes ago, Johnson81 said:

Does anyone have any advice on going to Savannakhet instead?

I would be coming from Phuket

No appointment is need there. You will need to show at least the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank when you apply (printed screen shot is ok).

You could check for a fly/service to Mudahan on Nok Air (more choices) or Air Asia from Don Mueang.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No appointment is need there. You will need to show at least the equivalent of 20k baht in a bank when you apply (printed screen shot is ok).

You could check for a fly/service to Mudahan on Nok Air (more choices) or Air Asia from Don Mueang.

Thanks any recent reports of having to show outward flight? Or is it just a screenshot of cash in the bank?

1 hour ago, Johnson81 said:

For Savanakhet TR I have a printed UK bank statement showing more than 20k baht

Will this be enough or does anyone think will ask for outward flights and accommodation as well?

They dont usually ask for anything other than bank statements , although you could ask them whether they require any other documents , when handing your application in

• Haha 1