Jomtien

Harveyboy

Jomtiem seems to get a refreshing cool wind that circles round the bay and cleans the and cools the air. I was told by one Thai that Pratanmahk mountain stops this natural a/c from reaching Pattaya sea-front. Has anybody else observed this ?

There's also a Colonel Sanders lookalike Slavic gent who rides his motorbike pelting out patriotic songs on a regular basis and seems to have a different Russian bird on the back of his moto each time we see him.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Jomtiem seems to get a refreshing cool wind that circles round the bay and cleans the and cools the air. I was told by one Thai that Pratanmahk mountain stops this natural a/c from reaching Pattaya sea-front. Has anybody else observed this ?

The air does seem to be clearer in Jomtien than in Pattaya, though I'm not sure why. Neither seems very cool to me though. One place that does always seem to be cooler whenever I go there is Sri Racha. But I dont know the reason for that either.

It's Russian high season in February, the schools are closed for the winter holiday. So no wonder there's many of them around now. In March / April that number will drop for sure.

13 hours ago, balo said:

It's Russian high season in February, the schools are closed for the winter holiday. So no wonder there's many of them around now. In March / April that number will drop for sure. 

Yes, Pattaya looks like a kindergarden now with hundreds of babies being pushed around in prams. Why would anyone bring a 6 month old baby to Pattaya?

On 2/28/2019 at 7:38 AM, BigT73 said:

A combination of work or ED visas.  Alot of the ED visa shops around jomtien are Russian run selling the 12k ones.

teaching what, surely not English and I don't think Thais are interested in learning Russian? 

On 2/26/2019 at 12:47 PM, Harveyboy said:

Yes was up there this week traffic to T21 choking 

Bit off topic, but I wonder if all those who thought putting T21 at Dolphin Roundabout was a smart move are now reconsidering their opinion.  Disaster of a planning decision, one of very many in Pattaya.  

21 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

teaching what, surely not English and I don't think Thais are interested in learning Russian? 

The Russian run shops are selling Thai Language classes to their fellow compatriots. Only the 19k visas include class attendance.

Archived