Any other ExPats selling on Lazada?

CangguSurfer

Post removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CangguSurfer said:

Wrong to make such assumptions.  My business is incorporated in the USA. I am fully complaint with Thai regulations.  

Thaivisa being the knowledge sharing forum that it is, may I suggest that you take a few moments and enlighten other members as to how FBA functions.

• Like 2

My wife does but as a foreigner it would require a WP / staff in case of psychical products etc.
Would say as a foreigner it is more interesting to focus on existing platforms in western countries with higher consuming power.

Edited by tabarin

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why is it that whenever there is a post on ThaiVisa.com regarding some form of ‘activity’ which ‘could be’ construed as work there is always a handful of posters getting upset and crying about work permits and generally getting all out of whack because they want others to accept that they are the defacto authority on what is legal work?..... 

Because I am getting a proper visa, work permit and DO pay tax and don't like it that there are people who don't give a shit about the rules and ask for advise on their illegal activities.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

FS, you have said your piece. Now would you mind going away for a couple of days? This is a fascinating thread and we're all adults aware of the rules for staying and working here.

Agreed Bang Bang, "fascinating" and useful thread. Hope it doesn't get side tracked. More input needed.

• Like 2

To give this topic a late night nudge, I've got contacts in South Asia, particularly, India. Any idea of goods that might be imported from there and sold here on Lazada?

I know I'm supposed to my own research but, hey, I'm just trying to pick experienced brains.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

How do you know he's going to be working in Thailand at all?    If has has a US company, then that company could ship product to Lazada and Lazada would do the fulfillment. 
No work in Thailand required for the OP at all.

In a nutshell, that is the gist of it.  Like the original poster, my company is located offshore.  No “work”, as defined by Thai Immigration regulations, is performed within the Kingdom.

Managing my foreign-based business remotely through my laptop while living here in Thailand does not violate any Thai laws or Immigration regulations.  It is politically, financially, and morally correct.

That is really all that needs to be said on this subject.  Let’s move on to the actual subject of this thread...who else is a remote-based digital entrepreneur (I.e.: digital nomad)?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

How do you know he's going to be working in Thailand at all?    If has has a US company, then that company could ship product to Lazada and Lazada would do the fulfillment. 
No work in Thailand required for the OP at all.

He should at least manage the company from Thailand, these things don't get on Lazada by itself and need to be purchased too.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, FritsSikkink said:

I don't make assumptions, you are not allowed to work in Thailand without a work permit, you do need a proper visa, you don't comply at all. That you comply with USA rules has nothing to do with Thai rules.

Just to be clear, the OP said "My business is incorporated in the USA. I am fully complaint with Thai regulations."  He is making two entirely separate statements.  He is not inferring that because he is incorporated in the USA that fact makes him compliant with Thai law. 

I take this to mean that his business is US based and his customers are located in the United States, not Thailand.  I also would assume that he consulted with a Thai attorney (as I did) to be sure he was conducting his business in a manner that was compliant with Thai regulations with regard to how the Office of Work Permits defines the word "work". 

How that word is defined by them is very precise.  So, if the manner in which you conduct your business does not meet that definition in their eyes, it's entirely possible to conduct your business ethically without the need for a work permit.  Hundreds of "digital nomads" work this way quite openly and there is nothing dodgy or untoward about it. 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

A friend of mine is selling motor bike plastics on Lazada and Shopee.  In an average week he gets three times more sales from Shopee.

He also sells "mini" bundles on facebook.  That is he buys a big bundle of clothes or shoes and then breaks it down into 10 or more mini bundles. His last one was a shoe bundle with 144 pairs. He broke it down into 12 mini bundles of 12 pairs. Sold the lot in 3 days.

Buying a big lot and selling it in small ones seems a greats idea. Is your friend an expat/Thai?