After Brexit will the pound rise?

ivor bigun

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the British Pound based on the price of silver? If so, what is the exchange rate?
If not, the question makes no sense to me, or at least begs the question: Rise against what currency?

Rise against what currency? Now think hard about this as its a very difficult question ,we are on a Thai expat website talking about expats in Thailand ,now what currency do you think we would be interested in?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you take it that Brexit even with an agreement, means that the UK will be leaving the largest trade agreement (with the largest economy in the world), this will impact on the economy. An impacted economy usually affects the currency of that economy as it reduces the demand for that currency on the FX markets.

47 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Of course, once we are free of the EUSSR the Pound will soar. Happy days ahead.

The only problem is we will never be allowed to leave.

Brexit no deal ; it will fall like a lump of lead

orderly Brexit : depending on the deal and if any notable industry is still in the UK it could rise but of course politics could raise its ugly head, new elections, Labour in or hung parliament, see Brexit no deal.

9 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

do people like this really go about dressed like that?.

He has just come from a spiritual teaching and is pondering deep philosophical thoughts, like, why has my wife left me, why do I have trouble walking, is it worth worrying about my pension, one of those 10 beers tasted awful, probably foreign.

29 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Rise against what currency? Now think hard about this as its a very difficult question ,we are on a Thai expat website talking about expats in Thailand ,now what currency do you think we would be interested in?

The yuan, no tourists and low exports if the Chinese currency plummets.

52 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

Not immediately but once the promised favourable trade deal with the US falls into place the Pound will rise. The EU is the one that is doomed.

Do you really believe that Dump will keep his promise of a favourable trade deal? His motto is, and always has been, America First.

In case of a no-deal Brexit both the British Pound and the Euro will drop against other currencies. But the Pound will suffer most as UK will be in a vacuum and business dislikes incertainty.  The dream that the Pound will soar once the UK is not part of EU anymore, is just that: a dream (or a politically manipulated hallucination). And isolationist Trump coming to the rescue is of course a joke, like most of his MAGA stuff.

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Give us a clue mate, please. I know the sun is up but it hasn't got over the yard arm. Not where I am anyway.

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

If you take it that Brexit even with an agreement, means that the UK will be leaving the largest trade agreement (with the largest economy in the world), this will impact on the economy. An impacted economy usually affects the currency of that economy as it reduces the demand for that currency on the FX markets.

In your wisdom, please don't mention that Italy is in recession, Germany is almost there, Greece has major financial problems, France has very severe industrial problems, Poland is questioning it's membership of the EU............your view is a little blinkered!

3 hours ago, asiamaster said:

Not immediately but once the promised favourable trade deal with the US falls into place the Pound will rise. The EU is the one that is doomed.

If one wants to believe in the promises o fPresident Trump............As far as the EU, or the EURO, is concerned, it will not be negatively affected as much as the UK. 

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

In your wisdom, please don't mention that Italy is in recession, Germany is almost there, Greece has major financial problems, France has very severe industrial problems, Poland is questioning it's membership of the EU............your view is a little blinkered!

Italy in a recession? Germany almost in a recession? Maybe you change your daily Medicine....

Victoria Bateman is a nice and fearless lady and literally shows the naked truth on Brexit!
> https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2019/feb/15/owen-jones-meets-the-naked-anti-brexit-protester-we-are-a-nation-of-prudes
So what,she said nothing ,just we should discuss things naked, ,as for her body ,well a brazilian and a boob lift would not go amiss,but apart from that waste of time.

Archived