Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 April 2019 09:20
ivor bigun

After Brexit will the pound rise?

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

So what,she said nothing ,just we should discuss things naked, ,as for her body ,well a brazilian and a boob lift would not go amiss,but apart from that waste of time.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

The guy who is talking to the nude lady, has he never heard of a comb?

and before anyone asks, I did not notice the uncombed hair before I had a good ogle

at the boobies.💞:cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

Share this post


Link to post

Cable is probably oversold at the moment due to Brexit uncertainty, although this is conjecture as no one knows for sure.  Almost certainly, banks and currency traders will have been short-selling, pushing it down as far as it can go and profiting from the down trend.  It may not have reached the bottom yet.

 

Once there is a clean Brexit, renewed interest may step in and start buying, when, once again, the traders will likely get on board and start to push the pound upwards again, taking profits all the way.  There is every possibility that after Brexit, the pound will strengthen to some degree.  The market will tell us by how much.

 

As to Mr Robertson468's post earlier, Italy is indeed in a technical recession and Germany will go into a technical recession if it has a second quarter of negative growth. It is more of an economic definition than anything, but it will be giving everyone pause . . .

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Of course, once we are free of the EUSSR the Pound will soar. Happy days ahead.

 

The only problem is we will never be allowed to leave.

Your of a very small minority who thinks that it will rise once we leave..you need ro look again at what happened after the vote.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jimn said:

Another referendum and the UK votes to stay in the pound will soar. We leave with a deal a slight rise. Leave without a deal in the short term the pound will sink.

You beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Proboscis said:

If you take it that Brexit even with an agreement, means that the UK will be leaving the largest trade agreement (with the largest economy in the world), this will impact on the economy. An impacted economy usually affects the currency of that economy as it reduces the demand for that currency on the FX markets.

But will still trade with the EU on the same scale as now and also have the benefit to trade with other economies that are currently restricted, so on your presumption the pound should soar to highs not seen in 10 years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Farang99 said:

Leavers will say YES, Remainers NO. As for what will really happen - anyone got a crystal ball?

See post #2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

do people like this really go about dressed like that?.

Only on formal occasions! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

do people like this really go about dressed like that?.

only for church on sundays

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Simple answer: yes it will rise. After periods of uncertainty, confidence returns. The price of oil before the first Gulf invasion long long ago screamed up, as soon as the troops went in, it fell back to previous sensible price level. USD plummeted during US election results showing Trump winning everything. As soon as it was over (starting immediately after the result was known) the Dollar went back up again in the space of a few days (or even less, I forget, I lost a packet on it, I'm an awful currency dabbler). 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, jimn said:

Another referendum and the UK votes to stay in the pound will soar.

If there was another referendum and the UK voted to stay in, the likelihood is that it would be a similar margin of victory as the vote to leave enjoyed in 2016. I don't think anyone is predicting a landslide victory, whichever way it goes.

 

In this situation, it's hard to imagine that overturning of the 2016 vote, in favour of this new vote, would be without considerable political and possibly legal challenge. The idea that things will seamlessly swing around 180 and the country will harmoniously simply go back to staying in the EU, seems a bit unlikely to me. After all, leavers will simply point to the fact that the 2016 vote outcome was never enacted, so why should a new vote be respected. And then there is the issue of whether or not the EU will allow us to simply go back to how things were before. It's quite possible that they won't. Then what? Leavers of course will argue that people didn't know what they were voting for, if the EU has us return under different terms.

 

I just don't think your prediction of the pound soaring in the event of a new vote to remain, takes into account how incredibly messy and uncertain things will still be. It's not just like waving a wand and the last three years gets forgotten about.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rixalex said:

If there was another referendum and the UK voted to stay in, the likelihood is that it would be a similar margin of victory as the vote to leave enjoyed in 2016. I don't think anyone is predicting a landslide victory, whichever way it goes.

 

In this situation, it's hard to imagine that overturning of the 2016 vote, in favour of this new vote, would be without considerable political and possibly legal challenge. The idea that things will seamlessly swing around 180 and the country will harmoniously simply go back to staying in the EU, seems a bit unlikely to me. After all, leavers will simply point to the fact that the 2016 vote outcome was never enacted, so why should a new vote be respected. And then there is the issue of whether or not the EU will allow us to simply go back to how things were before. It's quite possible that they won't. Then what? Leavers of course will argue that people didn't know what they were voting for, if the EU has us return under different terms.

 

I just don't think your prediction of the pound soaring in the event of a new vote to remain, takes into account how incredibly messy and uncertain things will still be. It's not just like waving a wand and the last three years gets forgotten about.

It would take a bit longer for the Pound to recover if there is a hard Brexit, but it's certain. The problem as you say and as I said above is only uncertainty concerning trade and finance markets (the latter being a case of the tail wagging the dog 😁). 

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone looks at the effect that Brexit will have on the U.K.,

but fail to look at how our exit will affect the E.U.as it works

both ways,

There are 27 members of the E.U.,168 other countries in the World,

many of them who are doing O.K. without been in it,many whom are

doing a lot better than E.U.  Viva Brexit.

regards Worgeordie

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...