After Brexit will the pound rise?

ivor bigun

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bomber said:

what thought was that?

That your money was invested in:

"property/cash but my pension fund i wouldnt know where its invested and never really bothered to look at the pie chart in the 30 years ive had the pension."

Particularly the part about you not knowing.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

That your money was invested in:

"property/cash but my pension fund i wouldnt know where its invested and never really bothered to look at the pie chart in the 30 years ive had the pension."

Particularly the part about you not knowing.

its managed by prudential i took the pension out in 1988 aged 20 its done very well since then and i will collect it in 5 years time when iam 55,my 3 properties (all paid for several years ago) i will sell when i leave the UK in the next 6-18 months,go on then tell me where i went wrong ????

19 minutes ago, bomber said:

its managed by prudential i took the pension out in 1988 aged 20 its done very well since then and i will collect it in 5 years time when iam 55,my 3 properties (all paid for several years ago) i will sell when i leave the UK in the next 6-18 months,go on then tell me where i went wrong ????

I took mine out in 1980 when I was 10 and I will collect it next year when I'm 50. My 6 proporties (all paid for many years ago) that net me many thousands of dollars every month I hope to leave to my children. I I left the US 18 years ago.

You seem like you're doing fine, carry on.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I took mine out in 1980 when I was 10 and I will collect it next year when I'm 50. My 6 proporties (all paid for many years ago) that net me many thousands of dollars every month I hope to leave to my children. I I left the US 18 years ago.

You seem like you're doing fine, carry on.

great,did the norweign fund help if so great,ivorbigun will repeat the rewards of his iam sure

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

ivor bigun was raving about it i thought maybe he had let you in on it,never mind youve done fine without it.

Let me in on it when and in what way?

I'm not in the habit of accepting financial advice from people I know, much less someone posting on a chat-board.

12 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I wasnt raving about it,i was just quoting you facts, but my pension which i took out in kindergarden and my 25 houses which i sold when i came here have made me very very rich.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

good for you,it will of cum in handy after your loses due to brexit,must of been a coincidence a fund heavily invested in the UK recorded its first and only loss since 2009 in 2018,these coincidences are becoming quite common.

To be honest, after a period of looking everyday I don't bother anymore; maybe, towards the end of the month when my pension payment is due. Up down, up down  - it's like a bl#@dy yo-yo. I will start taking a serious interest towards the end of the next financial year, when my 2nd pension becomes due, which I intend to take as a lump sum. So far I've been lucky with timings - sold my flat- 69bt, got my main pension lump sum- 50bt. I suppose, nowadays, if you were really canny you'd keep your funds in the UK and transfer on the upward trends. I'm too lazy for that. I think it's uncertainty that's driving this volatility, when the dust settles we'll know where we stand. Personally, I can't see a major Western economy nosediving, like we're all linked, the hurt would be spread around, the butterfly effect.

5 minutes ago, nausea said:

To be honest, after a period of looking everyday I don't bother anymore; maybe, towards the end of the month when my pension payment is due. Up down, up down  - it's like a bl#@dy ..yo-yo...

It's not like a yo-yo, it's just a yo...

1952250278_GBPtoTHB.JPG.9df70bcf46d4deb26d60c03c00169f91.JPG

My prediction - Yes vote today -  pound will rise. Business likes certainty.  UK Shares based on international currencies (miners, oil - most of the FT 100) will fall. Stuff like BT with revenues in UKP  might  rise.

No vote - more chaos and uncertainty.

Guy on Sky News just pointed out that its impossible and irrelevant  to vote against or exclude no deal. The very definition of No Deal is no deal .

EU have said deal or no deal  has to be in place by 24th May otherwise the 2019  EU elections will throw a spanner in the works as any deal would have to be ratified by the new representatives.  Interesting times.  

On 3/12/2019 at 10:07 AM, turgid said:

My prediction - Yes vote today -  pound will rise. Business likes certainty.  UK Shares based on international currencies (miners, oil - most of the FT 100) will fall. Stuff like BT with revenues in UKP  might  rise.

No vote - more chaos and uncertainty.

Guy on Sky News just pointed out that its impossible and irrelevant  to vote against or exclude no deal. The very definition of No Deal is no deal .

EU have said deal or no deal  has to be in place by 24th May otherwise the 2019  EU elections will throw a spanner in the works as any deal would have to be ratified by the new representatives.  Interesting times. 

well, your first prediction was wrong.

as for what the pound will do after a yes vote, I say it will fall further, because:

- I guess markets currently expect the situation to evolve into a second referendum and eventually into a remain

- if the Brexit finally takes place against the will of parliament (don't kid yourselves), this will mean a lot of short-term trouble for UK trade as well as for the city, a lot of banks will leave London taking their business with them

- the sterling will then be between a rock and a hard place. if the sterling appreciates, UK exports will find less buyers, and the BoE has practically no room to lower rates to boost the economy so that a slump is likely, which will erode the pound, UK economy might have problems to fund itself, leaving the BoE with no other choice than to increase money supply which will in turn weigh on the pound.

so I don't see the pound benefit from Brexit, sorry.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

as for what the pound will do after a yes vote, I say it will fall further, because:

- I guess markets currently expect the situation to evolve into a second referendum and eventually into a remain

- if the Brexit finally takes place against the will of parliament (don't kid yourselves), this will mean a lot of short-term trouble for UK trade as well as for the city, a lot of banks will leave London taking their business with them

- the sterling will then be between a rock and a hard place. if the sterling appreciates, UK exports will find less buyers, and the BoE has practically no room to lower rates to boost the economy so that a slump is likely, which will erode the pound, UK economy might have problems to fund itself, leaving the BoE with no other choice than to increase money supply which will in turn weigh on the pound.

all will be well,the EU and euro is are going to collapse,Farage and brexiteers down my local have told me so

Then i believe your wrong ,sorry

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived