Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 April 2019 01:42
ivor bigun

After Brexit will the pound rise?

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Henryford said:

What the same "realists" who said Britain's economy would tank after we voted out in 2016. Last month the UK had the biggest tax surplus on record and our GDP growth/inflation is on a par with Europe.

And the Pound collapsed. Great job.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/21/2019 at 10:09 AM, brexiteer said:

Remember Project Fear saying that GBP/EUR would reach parity....or worse.....

 

 

Good to see it at 1.15 today

those predictions were generally based on a no deal outcome if that looked likely and were not to far off as it did drop to 1.07 at one point,these predictions are still what the city/traders will make it go to if a no deal happens.hardly project fear,more like predicting a team to lose 6-0 but it ending up 4-0 or 5-0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2019 at 3:03 AM, BritManToo said:

I'm not sure Brexit has much to do with it's value against the Thai Baht.

Since Feb 2016, the pound has lost 20%, the USD has lost 15% and the Euro has lost 12%.

that doomed euro so many keep going on about doing the best, who would of thought that now

Share this post


Link to post

One lives in hope, my second pension comes on line 2020, I'm intending to withdraw it; certainly wouldn't do it now - got 69bt when I sold my flat, got 50bt when my first pension came home.

Share this post


Link to post
Dont rely too much on Trump, he has been known to BS a little. Of course only 17.4 times, on the last count, but then who is counting! Those big trade deals will vanish, when it comes to America first. 

Should Trump ensure a US/UK trade deal is favorable to the UK?


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

   Google , gbp/ thb  ,  five year forecast ,  not  advised for the faint hearted.

  Make sure  you have adequate medical insurance .

 

                           

 

 

 

 

Edited by elliss

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, bomber said:

that doomed euro so many keep going on about doing the best, who would of thought that now

 

Just because there are two currencies even uglier than the Euro right now doesn't mean you should consider the Euro the "best".  If the USD, GBP and EUR were women, none of them would get asked to the prom. Which one is considered the least offensive at this moment is merely an issue of timing. A turd is still a turd. Just wait for the next Euro crisis to come along...

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Monomial said:

 

Just because there are two currencies even uglier than the Euro right now doesn't mean you should consider the Euro the "best".  If the USD, GBP and EUR were women, none of them would get asked to the prom. Which one is considered the least offensive at this moment is merely an issue of timing. A turd is still a turd. Just wait for the next Euro crisis to come along...

the pound is the weakest,just admit it,the facts dont lie,so your predicting project doom for the Euro and whenever the next euro crisis happens but the UK has more of these crisis's than the EU put together but somehow is the master nation,ha ha have you been drinking,it will barely produce a motor car in 3-5 years the germans will produce millions,even the italian and spanish will put us to shame,the supposed poor nations,haha 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Its rising fast today

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

cos brexit is looking less likely,some extra cash in millions of UK citizens pockets for a change,nowt extra for the benefit scroungers down spoonies though.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, bomber said:

cos brexit is looking less likely,some extra cash in millions of UK citizens pockets for a change,nowt extra for the benefit scroungers down spoonies though.

really?

Share this post


Link to post

The topic seems academic now, Treason May has cancelled Brexit. The Pound is already shooting up, 41.6 now.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Henryford said:

The topic seems academic now, Treason May has cancelled Brexit. The Pound is already shooting up, 41.6 now.

Are you moaning

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

really?

A pounds worth a pound down spoonies.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, bomber said:

A pounds worth a pound down spoonies.

That's what I know...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...