After Brexit will the pound rise?

ivor bigun

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/14/2019 at 3:13 PM, KarlS said:

The answer is dependent on the type of Brexit. The markets are fearful of a chaotic no-deal exit and if that occurs the £ will crash and it will crash below the 31-year low which occurred when the referendum result was announced.

the owl says it will be 45 by xmas but only with a no deal,i think he has a drink problem

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its just been announced that the USA is ready to have trade deals with the UK , watch the Pound soar , could be 45 by summer

dream on,we have barely anything to sell them and trump would want an unfair deal that only favoured the US,cars,vans,bikes,truck,planes,buses,trains,motorhomes,caravans,white goods,clothing,electronics are about un-tradeable,barely leaves much else left.

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

dream on,we have barely anything to sell them and trump would want an unfair deal that only favoured the US,cars,vans,bikes,truck,planes,buses,trains,motorhomes,caravans,white goods,clothing,electronics are about un-tradeable,barely leaves much else left.

We can sell them large sized Union Jack suits ?

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its just been announced that the USA is ready to have trade deals with the UK , watch the Pound soar , could be 45 by summer

if you dont like the way the EU operate you certainly aint gonna like the way Trump does business,now back to the drawing board and dream up some more nations to add to list of palastine,the faroes islands and chile.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I just had a business idea , we could manufacture starts and stripes over sized suits and sell them to the USA ?

you go ahead and make your fortune,dont forget to buy the bulldogs down spoonies a few beers out of your fortune,who knows they might even sell well in palastine due to the mighty trade deal already agreed with the UK

1 minute ago, bomber said:

back on topic has the pound sunk below 40 yet????

Back on topic, exchange rates rise and fall. After a period of uncertainty is over (either whether the UK leaves or does not) exchange rates return to a 'normal' level. As I said many many posts ago, once Trump was actually elected, the Dollar rose again over a period of 1-2 days. I also recalled the very first Iraq invasion which restored oil price immediately (like a rocket) because the uncertainty was finally over, even though a war actually had started. I think the question to be answered is how long the current uncertainty exists. 

46 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Back on topic, exchange rates rise and fall. After a period of uncertainty is over (either whether the UK leaves or does not) exchange rates return to a 'normal' level. As I said many many posts ago, once Trump was actually elected, the Dollar rose again over a period of 1-2 days. I also recalled the very first Iraq invasion which restored oil price immediately (like a rocket) because the uncertainty was finally over, even though a war actually had started. I think the question to be answered is how long the current uncertainty exists. 

Back on topic rates rise and fall when the traders see or dont see what they like...they didnt like leave and wont like a crash out either..if you believe different you need help.

1 minute ago, bomber said:

Great that means brexit is cancelled...you learning slowly but surely...it still wont get you your £10-15k cost of brexit back but its a start

I was in the UK for two of the Brexit years, didn't really cost me much.

My last year while I was here I just spent a bit less in Thailand, to claw the difference back.

6 minutes ago, bomber said:

Back on topic rates rise and fall when the traders see or dont see what they like...they didnt like leave and wont like a crash out either..if you believe different you need help.

Your personal opinion once again, backed up by zero facts. All I hear from you is blah, blah, blah. Exchange rates rise and fall, and a fall is in fact often a good thing. Just like a trade balance deficit (just another economic example did you). But you really don't understand, do you? Always. 

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

I remember that talk after the vote when it dropped to 44-45 the brexiteers all said it would be 50 before xmas.ha ha it dropped to 40 how wrong they were ha ha

To be fair the USD and Euro also dropped by 10% against the Thai Baht in the same time period.

45 would put it back to the same level as all the other western currencies.

And when we said back to 50 by Xmas, we all assumed the Uk would leave and not pretend they would leave for the next three years, but not actually leave.

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Your personal opinion once again, backed up by zero facts. All I hear from you is blah, blah, blah. Exchange rates rise and fall, and a fall is in fact often a good thing. Just like a trade balance deficit (just another economic example did you). But you really don't understand, do you? Always. 

The facts are the pound crash was the most accurate of all predictions pre voting day and it will be the same again if crash out day ever comes..look at the facts,i know it hurts you but just do it...do i really need to post the graph again

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

To be fair the USD and Euro also dropped by 10% against the Thai Baht in the same time period.

45 would put it back to the same level as all the other western currencies.

And when we said back to 50 by Xmas, we all assumed the Uk would leave and not pretend they would leave for the next three years, but not actually leave.

You folks assumed a lot of things...

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why would it rise above the other western currencies?

The new indepentant sovereign Uk free from EU shackles is going to thrive according to brexiteers,so why not,only 3 hours ago you were predicting 50 ???? btw the pound is falling again as brexit nears

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

The new indepentant sovereign Uk free from EU shackles is going to thrive according to brexiteers,so why not,only 3 hours ago you were predicting 50 ???? btw the pound is falling again as brexit nears

41.8, Brexit is as near as it ever was ...... we'll be living on Mars before it happens.

Although it's funny with the EU pretending they're gonna refuse an extension, and May pretending to beg.

It's almost as if it's being orchestrated.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, BritManToo said:

41.8, Brexit is as near as it ever was ...... we'll be living on Mars before it happens.

Although it's funny with the EU pretending they're gonna refuse an extension, and May pretending to beg.

still around 41.8  some hard up expat's are getting a stay of execution before they decide to jump or return to the new sovereign UK ????

On 3/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, BritManToo said:

That's exactly what's been happening. 

£ dived again via superrich but I'm not fretting I think it will hit 42.5 within the next 2 week's but I'm willing to listen to any sound minded reasons why I should wait for 45 and an ETA?

Archived