Foreigners getting divorced in Thailand

Long story short, the marriage is registered here in Thailand and it will be recognized back home. What I am wondering is, my ex is a dependent on my visa. When the divorce is processed, will her visa be terminated? I have heard from a lawyer here that it will only be terminated if I go to immigration and ask for it to be canceled (which I do not want to do). I want her to keep her visa as long as possible. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:

On divorce any permission to stay based on the former marriage should be cancelled at immigration.

The lawyer is correct that it won’t be cancelled unless immigration are informed of the divorce.

Yeah, the lawyer told me there was some form I'd have to submit at Immigration informing them that we were divorced and that I wanted her visa to be canceled.

To clarify, we are all on Non-Imm B visas and they have already been converted into 1 year visas.

30 minutes ago, atlbravosfan said:

Yeah, the lawyer told me there was some form I'd have to submit at Immigration informing them that we were divorced and that I wanted her visa to be canceled.

To clarify, we are all on Non-Imm B visas and they have already been converted into 1 year visas.

Sorry but again it's visa or extensions.

Does she have an extension of stay or a visa?

images (92).jpeg

post-210278-0-83293200-1435222640_thumb.jpg

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If she actually has a visa then she can stay legally until it expires unlike an extension that should be cancelled.

That's why I'm asking the questions.

Where did she get the visa????

She has to do the 90-day checks at immigration, so we are on the extension already. 

She got the visa through my work, hence why she is my dependent.

Thanks for the replies and everything.

ur pics state 2015 ( and an O-A visa which is for retirement NOT a NON B visi for working) did u convert to a business visa?  so one would assume she, an you are on extensions.

As ur divorced unless u report her, her extension is valid till it expires,( sept 29th 2019)  BUT
than come sept 30th ,she is shit out of luck

59 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

ur pics state 2015 ( and an O-A visa which is for retirement NOT a NON B visi for working) did u convert to a business visa?  so one would assume she, an you are on extensions.

As ur divorced unless u report her, her extension is valid till it expires,( sept 29th 2019)  BUT
than come sept 30th ,she is shit out of luck

The OP didn't post the pics, I did as it can point out the difference between a visa and an extension of stay.

• Haha 1