Need clarification on role of late 2018 income affidavit

7 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Okay maybe this is either the military or the Canadian in me but there seems to be a very easy solution to this and a lot of the what happens in XXXXX  immigration office.

GO TO THE F@#$%^& OFFICE AND ASK THEM.

I tried that in Nonthaburi the other day, all I wanted to know from the Information Desk was "Does the bank book and Bank Account Statement need to be dated the day I apply for my extension?" ......she pretends to know what I am saying, then tries handing me a TM8 form, I said "no" and repeated myself, then she asked to see my passport, then hands me a TM7 and two Acknowledgment of overstay forms.......Yeah, lot of good that did me.

2 hours ago, ocddave said:

I tried that in Nonthaburi the other day, all I wanted to know from the Information Desk was "Does the bank book and Bank Account Statement need to be dated the day I apply for my extension?" ......she pretends to know what I am saying, then tries handing me a TM8 form, I said "no" and repeated myself, then she asked to see my passport, then hands me a TM7 and two Acknowledgment of overstay forms.......Yeah, lot of good that did me.

Very similar to my experience in Chanthaburi, when asking about the validity of  income affidavits obtained in late 2018. 

Yes, folks, asking is the easy part...getting any kind of meaningful answer is the trick...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

Very similar to my experience in Chanthaburi, when asking about the validity of  income affidavits obtained in late 2018. 

Yes, folks, asking is the easy part...getting any kind of meaningful answer is the trick...

Wasn't a complete loss, I took the Acknowledgment of Overstay forms (Proprietary?) and Nonthaburi's Proprietary formatted TM7 form, and put them into PDF form so I can then enter the data/info using my PDF editor. They actually didn't accept my official TM7 form from the Thai Immigration website last year, I had do it using my chicken scratch handwriting last time in their office to satisfy these numnuts (I wasn't pleased at all). I like having everything scanned into PDF format, and easy to edit information when needed, and then print when necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, davhend25 said:

They are employing people who do not speak English at the information desk. Rather inept.

Just did my renewal in CM IMM. Used the income affidavit letter and the fellow was super nice. All he asked for was some proof of money in a US Bank, which I handled by showing him and making copy of bank statement.

Really not bad at all. Treated so well. 

Got out there at 6am , by the way, was 2nd in line. And they opened up at 7am. Pays to get up early. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

Just did my renewal in CM IMM. Used the income affidavit letter and the fellow was super nice. All he asked for was some proof of money in a US Bank, which I handled by showing him and making copy of bank statement.

Got out there at 6am , by the way, was 2nd in line. And they opened up at 7am. Pays to get up early. 

Yes it pays to get up early.................. but not that early!!! hahaha

5 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

This is what should happen in my IMM ofc in Chanthaburi as my income letter will be less than 6 months old when I apply for my extension. My U.S. bank statements were all the back up I needed last year with the embassy letter. Hope it works out that way this year.  

Thanks for the post...

40 minutes ago, davhend25 said:

This is what should happen in my IMM ofc in Chanthaburi as my income letter will be less than 6 months old when I apply for my extension. My U.S. bank statements were all the back up I needed last year with the embassy letter. Hope it works out that way this year.  

Thanks for the post...

Sure thing. I have a feeling the attitude of the officer is important. The fellow who handled me was so nice, so willing to help, that I feel it made the difference. 

At first he seemed to be steering me towards the 800,000 baht deposit, but I didn’t get flustered, smiled, was polite, and mentioned that I can prove my income from my American bank account. I also brought with me all my ATM slips in a plastic bag, showed him how I receive my income at an ATM.