Britain's Labour Party splits over Brexit and anti-Semitism

snoop1130

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I've read it, well I got as far as "second EU referendum on brexit deal." And thought any party that is not democratic and goes againgst the will of the electorate are not the party for me.

The Labour rebels are very brave to leave the Labour Party, but they were all advocates of a 'peoples vote', I just wonder whether they will be brave enough to let their constituents have a peoples vote. I should imagine after the next General Election they will probably be forgotten hystory anyway. You could put a carrot up for election and call it Labour and it would win. But 10 out of 10 for trying, pity they didn't support Brexit, they would have had my vote.

The point I was trying to make was that you can't get a Risla paper between the Lib Dems and the New Independents

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vogie said:

Just read on the BBC website that Joan Ryan is the 8th Labour MP to leave the Labour Party citing Labours failure to tackle anti-Semitism.

how does antisemitism within Labour become visible, how is it expressed?

Just read on the BBC website that Joan Ryan is the 8th Labour MP to leave the Labour Party citing Labours failure to tackle anti-Semitism.

Another one that was comfortable with the LAB and Left anti-Semitism for years. Support for PLO, Hamas and anything Palestinian was OK for them, so long as it attracted the Muslim vote.
Now the old goat Corbyn won’t fully support their calls for another referendum, they’ve all suddenly gained a conscience. Out with the lot of ‘em at the next GE.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Another one that was comfortable with the LAB and Left anti-Semitism for years. Support for PLO, Hamas and anything Palestinian was OK for them, so long as it attracted the Muslim vote.
Now the old goat Corbyn won’t fully support their calls for another referendum, they’ve all suddenly gained a conscience. Out with the lot of ‘em at the next GE.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I haven't followed the anti-semitism story either, but perhaps the above post explains it?

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I think Corbyn has made some very bad choices of who he associates himself with. Laying a wreath at the Palastinians terrorists graves who killed the Iraeli athletes at the Munich Olympics, he denied this although there was a photograph of him doing this, I believe they were connected to Black September. Calling Hamas and Hezbolah his friends doesn't do himself any favours either. 

But the Labour Party nowadays if you don't agree with Corbyn, Momentum are shouting for that MP to be deselected.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I think Corbyn has made some very bad choices of who he associates himself with. Laying a wreath at the Palastinians terrorists graves who killed the Iraeli athletes at the Munich Olympics, he denied this although there was a photograph of him doing this, I believe they were connected to Black September. Calling Hamas and Hezbolah his friends doesn't do himself any favours either. 

But the Labour Party nowadays if you don't agree with Corbyn, Momentum are shouting for that MP to be deselected.

ok, thanks for responding

yes, they were Black September

but what the boomboom, doesn't seem to be much room/space/height for diversity in the UK,

the distance between floor and ceiling about 3 inches?

but where is the antisemitism? can't spot it

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Come the next General Election, they will all be history. 

I doubt that VERY much. The country is sick and tired of extreme politics. I suspect that most, like me, favour New Labour, One Nation Tories, Liberals and Social Democrats.

We don't want left wing Labour momentum or militant social worker types. We don't want nasty right wing Dickensian extreme ERG Tories and we absolutely don't want the "Democratic" Unionist retard party.

No, the center ground has been vacant for too long. This will rock!

33 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Democracy at work. 

If they had any honour they will call a by-election, then their electorate decide who they are supposed to be representing. I suspect that they will be toast.

I have a feeling that Remainers feel this is a positive thing for them. If they get a second referendum then to overturn the first one, then it maybe.

It could also get rid of the Chav from the HC.

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I doubt that VERY much. The country is sick and tired of extreme politics. I suspect that most, like me, favour New Labour, One Nation Tories, Liberals and Social Democrats.

We don't want left wing Labour momentum or militant social worker types. We don't want nasty right wing Dickensian extreme ERG Tories and we absolutely don't want the "Democratic" Unionist retard party.

Well then the lefty, tree huggers and snowflakes will also be excluded. That's a lot of percent of the population. Certainly more than half of the Labour party. IMHO

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

Come the next General Election, they will all be history. 

If that lot had any integrity they'd vacate the GBP 77k p/a seats they have occupied since reneging on their election promises/support for article 50 & fight by-elections.

I already know the answer...

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I can see your attraction to the break-away 'rebels', they are nothing more than a people vote party that probably won't give their constituents a vote on their new positions. You are well aware as most of us that the electorate generally vote for the party and not the candidate.

How can the New Super Remainer party be a centre ground party, when they only appeal to remainers, I'm not sure if they are like Lib Dems + + + or Lib Dems - - -.

Of course you are absolutely correct about The Labour Party, it is sad to watch it morph into something nobody recognises anymore, the nastiness within is very troubling and how can it change. When Corbyn goes, he will be replaced by another marxist, Trot or Commie, they really need to change the way they chose their leader IMO anyway.

The Tory members you call "Dickenson" are actually the MPs that are not self serving, but infact giving our electorate what they voted for, long live democracy.

Soubry up there will traitors like Blair, Heath to name a few. She is after her own welfare and nobody but her own. She represents herself and nobody else. Reamainers jumping on the bandwagon like she is a savior. She is the worse type of politician you can have.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/europe/eu-policy-agenda/brexit/news/80937/anna-soubry-i-only-backed-eu-referendum-vote-because

I've just been watching the press conference 

What a great bunch of women; charming, well spoken and educated

Brexiters will hate them because they are SO much brighter than they are.

This is going to be great! Hopefully the orcs will be defeated now. I feel more enthusiastic now than I have for years!

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I've just been watching the press conference 

What a great bunch of women; charming, well spoken and educated

Brexiters will hate them because they are SO much brighter than they are.

This is going to be great! Hopefully the orcs will be defeated now. I feel more enthusiastic now than I have for years!

Anna Soubry charming you say, she makes The Acid Queen look like Mother Teresa, still at least the Cons are shut of her for good now.

Make the most of them whilst you can, your enthusiasm may be short lived though.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anna Soubry charming you say, she makes The Acid Queen look like Mother Teresa, still at least the Cons are shut of her for good now.

Make the most of them whilst you can, your enthusiasm may be short lived though.

You are sad sometimes. Were you not impressed with the way these women presented their case and themselves? Don't be mean spirited, it doesn't suit you....

Don't you like strong women? A bit much for you?

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You are sad sometimes. Were you not impressed with the way these women presented their case and themselves? Don't be mean spirited, it doesn't suit you....

Don't you like strong women? A bit much for you?

Our minds must play games with us sometimes, I perceived them quite differently to you, I thought Anna Soubry had no need to backstab her ex colleagues like she did, she was playing the sympathy card. I didn't like her when she was part of the Conservatives, so it's very unlikely I will like her more now. They are trying to thwart Brexit, which is thwarting democracy, they didn't get their own way, so teddy out of cot and dummy out of mouths.

But the electorate will keep voting Labour or Cons, they are toast.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:49 PM, smedly said:

yes lets all get out of the UK and govern ourselves LMAO

the stupidity is astounding

Where  do you suggest we go?,   surely not Thailand ,  what ever next .

Archived