Bangkok Bank - Tied to A Particular Branch?????

If I open an account at a branch near where I live, will I have to use that particular branch for things like 800K or income verification letters?  In Chiang Mai this is a BBK Bank very close to the Immigration Office but I will probably not use that particular one to open an account.

I know if I need to make any changes to my BKB account, like a changed passport number or address, I must do it at the branch where I opened my account.  There is a way to apply for a change of branch but it takes time and must be done internally. The account holder can't walk it through.

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

I know if I need to make any changes to my BKB account, like a changed passport number or address, I must do it at the branch where I opened my account.  There is a way to apply for a change of branch but it takes time and must be done internally. The account holder can't walk it through.

I was told that if I wanted to change my branch, I had to open a new account. Having said that, the only reason I have ever had to visit my original branch was to register my new passport.

3 minutes ago, dddave said:

Thanks, I was more interested in verification letters.  I can go my local branch for most things any old time but if I need a verification letter dated the same day as an application if would be nice to go to a branch very close to the immigration office.

I know the Bangkok Bank branch in the Chaengwattana (Bangkok) immigration building where I use to have an account at and got my annual income letter for extension purposes would issue such a letter regardless of where your Bangkok Bank branch was in Thailand.  They use to have a poster on their window saying such.  I think it's just a standard Bangkok Bank letter which any Bangkok Bank branch can pull-up in their system and complete it regardless of which branch your account is located at.

Archived