Songkran madness

lumply

Has it started already? ????

I find it best to leave here on the 15th as it is generally finished everywhere else by then and so is fairly safe. And then I dont come back before the 20th at the earliest.

It's also a good time to travel abroad. April can be a good month for tourism in many countries: longer days, not too cold, not too hot, new season vegetation.

Has it started already? [emoji31]

I find it best to leave here on the 15th as it is generally finished everywhere else by then and so is fairly safe. And then I dont come back before the 20th at the earliest.

It's also a good time to travel abroad. April can be a good month for tourism in many countries: longer days, not too cold, not too hot, new season vegetation.

Agreed, I’m bailing out to Tokyo 16-23rd

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Avoid 13 - 19 April, especially the 19th.

Is it all over by the 19th and no more water throwing on the streets? Does it always start on the 13th or do you get some idiots trying to start even earlier or finish even past those dates?

14 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is it all over by the 19th and no more water throwing on the streets? Does it always start on the 13th or do you get some idiots trying to start even earlier or finish even past those dates?

Where is @JSixpack when you need him.......

If you have not seen it maybe have a read about last year

53 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It is not over by the 19th. The 19th is a war zone. Yes you get some idiots starting on the 12th.

32 minutes ago, Henryford said:

It is not over by the 19th. The 19th is a war zone. Yes you get some idiots starting on the 12th.

Yes 100% agree. 19th is the main day in Pattaya, it all starts on the 12th every year on soi's 7 and 8 and soi Bukeau.

Leave on the 11th and come back on the 21st and you will miss it all....

Water throwing does not stop until the sun comes up on the 20th so the hours between 1 AM on the 20th and about 6-7 AM on the 20th there is still water throwing..... 

22 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Some area further south like sattahip might have their big day on the 20th 

As the 19th this year falls on the Friday, there's a potential for it to be another week of Songkran, 

as recently as 5-10 years ago It used to be that For Pattaya it's 18th on Naklua, 19th for Pattaya and not a drop on the earlier dates like 13-15th but Bangkokers and Tourists that came on the 13th expect to have some fun and now it has turn into a whole week of madness

35 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Some area further south like sattahip might have their big day on the 20th 

As the 19th this year falls on the Friday, there's a potential for it to be another week of Songkran, 

as recently as 5-10 years ago It used to be that For Pattaya it's 18th on Naklua, 19th for Pattaya and not a drop on the earlier dates like 13-15th but Bangkokers and Tourists that came on the 13th expect to have some fun and now it has turn into a whole week of madness

I despise Songkran in Pattaya.....You can never feel safe day or night for a whole week...Any time any where any place SPLASH....

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, Henryford said:

Avoid 13 - 19 April, especially the 19th.

Assuming the 19th is the last day, that was always the most fun, when all the farmers came to town with pickups loaded with the family and drove round and round Beach and Second. Even the cops got in the action with plastic bags over their guns.

Could be that things have changed since when I was there for Songkran though.

Had Songkran before in other places and was looking forward to having Songkran here in Pattaya, but since moving here, i can actually see it being a <deleted> nightmare, maybe fun for a day or 2, might have to pop over to Hua Hin to escape myself, only lasts a couple of days there

Had Songkran before in other places and was looking forward to having Songkran here in Pattaya, but since moving here, i can actually see it being a nightmare, maybe fun for a day or 2, might have to pop over to Hua Hin to escape myself, only lasts a couple of days there

I find it ok for about 5 minutes then it’s a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, bbi1 said:

If you live out at najomtien, sattahip way it goes on a couple of days after the 19th. Also you'll find some will start earlier and finish later so be on your guard. Why they can't make it a one day or weekend affair, same day(s) nationwide I'll never know. It'd certainly make life easier.

Archived