BANGKOK 18 March 2019 20:30
lumply

Songkran madness

Which are the dates best avoided in April in Patts. Thinking of a quiet period on Koh Lanta before returning to  P. Suggestions please 

• Like 1

Has it started already? 😫

I find it best to leave here on the 15th as it is generally finished everywhere else by then and so is fairly safe. And then I dont come back before the 20th at the earliest.

It's also a good time to travel abroad. April can be a good month for tourism in many countries: longer days, not too cold, not too hot, new season vegetation.

• Like 2

Has it started already?

I find it best to leave here on the 15th as it is generally finished everywhere else by then and so is fairly safe. And then I dont come back before the 20th at the earliest.

It's also a good time to travel abroad. April can be a good month for tourism in many countries: longer days, not too cold, not too hot, new season vegetation.

Agreed, I’m bailing out to Tokyo 16-23rd

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Avoid 13 - 19 April, especially the 19th.

Is it all over by the 19th and no more water throwing on the streets? Does it always start on the 13th or do you get some idiots trying to start even earlier or finish even past those dates?

14 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is it all over by the 19th and no more water throwing on the streets? Does it always start on the 13th or do you get some idiots trying to start even earlier or finish even past those dates?

Where is @JSixpack when you need him.......

If you have not seen it maybe have a read about last year

53 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

It is not over by the 19th. The 19th is a war zone. Yes you get some idiots starting on the 12th.

32 minutes ago, Henryford said:

It is not over by the 19th. The 19th is a war zone. Yes you get some idiots starting on the 12th.

Yes 100% agree. 19th is the main day in Pattaya, it all starts on the 12th every year on soi's 7 and 8 and soi Bukeau.

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is it all over by the 19th and no more water throwing on the streets?

No, that's the 20th. This is why I never come back before the 20th.

Leave on the 11th and come back on the 21st and you will miss it all....

Water throwing does not stop until the sun comes up on the 20th so the hours between 1 AM on the 20th and about 6-7 AM on the 20th there is still water throwing..... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topt said:

Where is @JSixpack when you need him.......

If you have not seen it maybe have a read about last year

Havent seen Joe Six Pack around for a while.....

I come home to Pattaya on the afternoon of the 20th every year.  Never a problem.

Oh my Buddha, the worst 12 days of the year......hope they just skip the darn thing this April....🤔👎

• Like 2

They extended Songkran by a day this year.  I believe it will start on April 12.