Permission to stay expiring today

Hey guys,

I ballsed up and forgot to go to immigration yesterday to extend my 30 days stamp from Mae Sai. I am only allowed to stay until today (February 19th) and wondering what my options are. I've noticed immigration is closed due to the Buddhist holiday so cannot go there today. So I'm thinking my options are either to head back to Mae Sai, fly out of the country and get a TV or extend 1 day late. The third option would be the best but not sure how problematic it could be for me. Let me know what you guys think.

A while ago somebody made a thread here on Thaivisa when he was a week or something like this on overstay, he reported back that he didn't have problems getting the extension after paying the fine.

So it should be no problem for you to get the extension on wednesday after paying a 500 THB fine (maybe even without a fine, because the immigration office is closed and you couldn't get the extension), just make sure that you don't end up in any immigration police checkpoint until then ????

If you plan to spend more time in Thailand anyway you could of course also leave Thailand today to get a tourist visa somewhere, like this you haven't been on any overstay.

Visa exempts at land borders are limited to two per year, so i would keep my last one for this year as backup, in case you ever get denied a tourist visa or similar, then you can still use this as an alternative.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1