Pets and rentals

whatevs

Hi,  I want to bring my cat Geoff to Phuket.  When I search most of the property websites and tick the option to accept pets hardly any housing options come up.  Is this a case of 'default preference' and if I turn up in person and haggle the 'no cats' situation is no longer a situation? Are Thai people really anti cats?

Thai  people are anti having damage  done to their condos  but I expect "Geoffrey"  is  different eh.........doesnt miooooooow incessantly when youre  out, pee on the furniture or scratch things?

Pets are  not wanted in condos  and is  often in the condo rules. get used to it or try renting a house

2 hours ago, whatevs said:

Geoff, has not been known to pee or scratch furniture. He's not stupid. I'd be happy to rent a house if it took cats. Few rental houses seem to want cats either.

ALL cats are stupid (if that's the right word).

Also, keep them inside, otherwise they decimate the local wild-life which actually belong there (your cat doesn't).

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Also, keep them inside, otherwise they decimate the local wild-life which actually belong there (your cat doesn't).

Talking about keep them inside. Nowadays sure it would be better for all if 80-90% of all foreigners here are kept inside.

I've never had any problems finding rented houses that accept dogs.  And if they accept dogs they'll surely accept cats.

For various reasons I moved house 4 times within the first year or so of moving here, but admittedly have now been in the same rented house for more than 11 years - so perhaps things have changed?  Seems unlikely though as there seems to be a LOT of available houses to rent.

5 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Geoff will be decimating snakes and centipedes.  He cares nothing for ecosystems. He is a trained killer. He also doesn't like people who call him stupid.

1 minute ago, whatevs said:

Geoff will be decimating snakes and centipedes.  He cares nothing for ecosystems. He is a trained killer. He also doesn't like people who call him stupid.

Nothing wrong with snakes. Cats don't get trained to be killers, they are naturally born that way.

Better not let him into my garden as he'll get a stone chucked at his head, just like every other cat I see.

8 hours ago, whatevs said:

Geoff, has not been known to pee or scratch furniture. He's not stupid. I'd be happy to rent a house if it took cats. Few rental houses seem to want cats either.

Every pet owner Ive ever spoken to tells  me their animals never do anything like that either......unfortunately experience renting condos  tells  me otherwise, but the main reason is MOST condos  do  not  allow  pets

59 minutes ago, whatevs said:

Can u ask  Geoff why he doesnt  post here instead, I want to hear his  point of  view????

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've never had any problems finding rented houses that accept dogs.  And if they accept dogs they'll surely accept cats.

For various reasons I moved house 4 times within the first year or so of moving here, but admittedly have now been in the same rented house for more than 11 years - so perhaps things have changed?  Seems unlikely though as there seems to be a LOT of available houses to rent.

Have you ever  seen a  dog jump up furniture and claw it? this is something cats do regularly, they even make  fluffy  sticks for them to do this  up

6 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

cats are very clever, they just don't give a sxxt about human possessions. 

5 minutes ago, kannot said:

Have you ever  seen a  dog jump up furniture and claw it? this is something cats do regularly, they even make  fluffy  sticks for them to do this  up

I've seen a cat jump up and claw a dog , while the dog sits there looking stupid and subservient. 

Seriously, to add to the Ops information. we have a cat and we rented a house for 2 months through AirBnB, lots of choice of accommodation that will take pets on that website.   We provided the furry stick though.  

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Troll comment removed.

Any further suggestions of cruelty to animals will be dealt with harshly.

Thank you Charlie.  I didn't see the comment and It wouldn't have bothered Geoff.  He doesn't care much for the internet he prefers to get his news from Die Welt (print version).

Archived