No one in Europe would oppose extension to Brexit talks - Juncker

webfact

10 hours ago, Enki said:

Yes there is. It was obvious a few days after the vote when in random street polls 50% of the pro BREXIT voters admitted, they only voted yes to harm the current government. No one actually expected that YES would be the outcome.

The polls pre referendum were indicating a remain vote, so much so that Cameron did not even consider planning fro a Brexit outcome. Your random street polls are no different.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, George36 said:

I am an American and we have our own set of problems.  I have been reading about Brexit while I am in Pattaya and have down time.  I have a question that I would like to ask please.

Is one of the main problems in the Brexit agreement the possible new wall between Ireland and Northern Island?  How is that to be solved?  No wall never?  Wall with custom checkpoints?  Wall starts new violence?  I don’t see a way out.

Would appreciate thoughts from those in the know.  I feel for everyone involved.  It is so confusing and everything seems so complicated and looks like it will end in hurt for many.  Thanks.

The tyranny of the majority, which your founding fathers and the Australian founding fathers recognized all too well. 

In the case case of the brexit referendum a bare majority voted for it, with no clear definition of what ‘brexit’ meant. 

Add to this, both Scotland and N.I, countries is their own right, both voted to stay. 

Which is probably why in the US any change to the constitution  requires 2/3 of congress to propose it and then 2/3 of the states to ratify it. 

In the case of Australia a referendum requires a majority of the people AND the majority of the states to vote for a proposal for it to be approved. 

Leaves a result beyond doubt, which is why the UK is such a clown show at the moment. 

10 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Actually we want that. But not in its current state. The UK needs to clean up and reform itself. Get rid of that cancer called Brexit and all the fanatics. For that, they need to leave first. Figure it out with themselves. Experience first-hand what a stupid idea Brexit is. 

Yes, it’s sad. A great country, awesome people, some of who I call friends. But it is how it is. Staying now won’t do any good to no one. Sometimes a clear cut is needed and pushing the reset button. The door will always be open, and I’m confident the UK will come back as a better and more committed member.

That’s why I’m hoping for a Brexit on 29 March, whether it comes with or without a deal. 

Reminds me of a famous answer given in the Australian parliament by former PM Paul Keating, known as the ‘I want to do you slowly’ response. 

He wanted the other side to suffer for a totally unrealistically ideologically driven policy. Same goes for the brexiters, the same lines apply to them. For similar reasons, Part of me does hope that brexit happens. 

- I want to see you squirm

- I want to see those ashen faced performances

- Perperuating a fraud in the people 

13 minutes ago, nursebob said:

an extension for Brexit talks, but the EU has finished talking. so what's the point.

I don't believe for one minute that the EU has stopped talking, there are still talks going on behind closed doors. The EU might be stupid but it doesn't want any of the remaining 27 states to suffer from brexit, basically they are bricking it.

According to the BBC they are working on the wording of the withdrawal agreement at this very moment.

There is too much at stake for there not to be a deal. But if there is a no deal it may be better for the UK than the EU in the long term.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

What don't you understand about the fact that we WANT to go?

It is only the idiot that lives in 10 Downing Street that is the problem.

The same one that said there will be NO second referendum.

The EU will not negotiate any more (not that I blame them for that) so let us go our own way, which is what the majority of the British people who could be bothered to get off their arrrse and vote actually voted for.

Two points

1) EU will not reopen negotiations UNLESS May drops some or all her arbitrary red lines

2) Neither you nor any Brexiter has been able to tell us how you expect to benefit PERSONALLY from Brexit.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

No they don't need any more time, Theresa May is a dead duck now and at the next general election she will be gone, and with no promotion to the House of Lords.

So tell us, pray, what is the optimal way forward so cleverly negotiated?

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I don't believe for one minute that the EU has stopped talking, there are still talks going on behind closed doors. The EU might be stupid but it doesn't want any of the remaining 27 states to suffer from brexit, basically they are bricking it.

According to the BBC they are working on the wording of the withdrawal agreement at this very moment.

There is too much at stake for there not to be a deal. But if there is a no deal it may be better for the UK than the EU in the long term.

JM Keynes: "In the long run we are all dead."

9 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

so?

shifting from MP to the upper house is considered a promotion?

I would tend to call such a sideways shift in order to get trouble makers/failures out of the way

Not really a promotion more a reward for long service and good behaviour. Usually at the pre election or dissolution of parliament and the Queens honours list. I am not sure if PM TM would qualify after the buggers muddle she has made of Brexit.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Not so fast Lord Copper! If there is a Soft Brexit, you think it will be over as far as the Hard Brexiteers are concerned? They will say that Brexit hasn't happened and continue their campaign. All the ones here who say they are just looking forward to March 30? Don't believe a word of it.

You might be right. However, they’ll be out of the EU then and can only create (more) havoc inside the UK. The first priority for the EU now is to

ensure they leave and cannot pull the A50 withdrawal anymore. 

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You might be right. However, they’ll be out of the EU then and can only create (more) havoc inside the UK. The first priority for the EU now is to

ensure they leave and cannot pull the A50 withdrawal anymore. 

Juncker.jpg.e9627a36ef4c9cd0abad0b18899c1260.jpg

5 hours ago, vogie said:

In short, no deal is better than a bad deal?

Now where did I hear this before? ????

Overheard two Brits trolling around the Harbor Mall in Pattaya looking for somewhere to eat (I was there in that well known high-class chicken restaurant Chester's with my Thai family and full of other Thais ) - bloody 'ell this is a bit expensive isn't it and they moved on by. #Brexitthegiftthatkeepsongiving.  Many of the other European expats are looking on with ill-concealed schadenfreude as the cheap charlie cash strapped Brits are priced out. I should have suggested the 7/11 Pineapple pie can washed down with a kouut of Archers on the step outside with the Ruskies and Chinese. 

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Anyone in sex city is cheap, not just Chester customers.. Chesters Hi Class , ive heard it all now.!.????emoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

irony dear boy irony -  sex city yes but the cheapest place to stay in Thailand - we are in Jomtien actually. With some fresh air and cooling breezes. Plenty of non sex tourists scandie tourists and the like who enjoy the pleasures of cheap accommodation and food with their non-diminished currencies. Tis the Brits who let the side down. Anyway with Bangkok and Chiang-Mai choking up and frying it's the only place I can bear anymore in the land of little smiles. 

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

irony dear boy irony -  sex city yes but the cheapest place to stay in Thailand - we are in Jomtien actually. With some fresh air and cooling breezes. Plenty of non sex tourists scandie tourists and the like who enjoy the pleasures of cheap accommodation and food with their non-diminished currencies. Tis the Brits who let the side down. Anyway with Bangkok and Chiang-Mai choking up and frying it's the only place I can bear anymore in the land of little smiles. 

You should take a closer look at the "non-diminished" NOK over the last few years.

1 minute ago, thaibry said:

British people were given a free choice and chose to leave. Please respect that free choice.received_2263946557263080_1.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

But the British people were deceived...…

lied to about many things, promised money for NHS, allowed the press to make up stories about Europe making us suffer by their laws, carried out unlawful political agendas by spending over the amount of money they were allowed to on their leave Europe campaigns  etc etc.

The British people were not given the truth, facts or told about the real consequences financially about leaving.

And look a the David there... smug guy is not even living in the UK now... same as many of the leave Europe people... and one of the riches men in uk…. rats deserting a sinking ship!!!

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

But the British people were deceived...…

lied to about many things, promised money for NHS, allowed the press to make up stories about Europe making us suffer by their laws, carried out unlawful political agendas by spending over the amount of money they were allowed to on their leave Europe campaigns  etc etc.

The British people were not given the truth, facts or told about the real consequences financially about leaving.

And look a the David there... smug guy is not even living in the UK now... same as many of the leave Europe people... and one of the riches men in uk…. rats deserting a sinking ship!!!

We haven't been given the truth for years...both main parties/sides were guilty...particularly in 1972 and 1975.

Archived