No one in Europe would oppose extension to Brexit talks - Juncker

webfact

On 2/19/2019 at 5:33 AM, webfact said:

When it comes to Brexit, it is like being before the courts or on the high seas; we are in God's hands. And we can never quite be sure when God will take the matter in hand."

I thought USA owned god never heard anyone say God Bless the EU. ????

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As usual constant denial of the truth. Just singing la la la la la la.

Then eventually you probably will start believing that people didn't know what they voted for. There were more choices on the ballot paper. People who voted leave were stupid and uneducated. They were all racists and bigots.

Seems to be the trend on here from remainers.

A bit of honesty and self reflection from Laughing Gravy? 

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

As far as I can see, Brexiteers are called far left/far right/hard brexiteers - depending on the posters' bias!

But those with a different opinion seem to be convinced that brexiteers are all 'far xxx'/ 'hard xxx' something or the other ????.

Sounds like they must be those nearsighted, far-fetched, hard-nosed, soft-headed xxxx xxxxxers to me.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:53 AM, Loiner said:

Mainly it’s due the impact of the EU in many aspects of our lives over the past 40+ years.

Care to give some examples? Why would an EU law have a negative impact on an UK citizen but not e.g. on a German, Spanish or Italian?

Sorry, your claims are pure nonsense. "The working class" does not exist anymore. Automation and shift to "service industries" happens global wide, not only in the UK or the rest of the EU. That your car manufacturing is going down etc. has nothing to do with the EU ... if you want to blame one then blame Japan ???? Anyway, nice chatting with you ... I have to remind myself: don't discuss with people who know nothing about the topic.

Care to give some examples? Why would an EU law have a negative impact on an UK citizen but not e.g. on a German, Spanish or Italian?

Sorry, your claims are pure nonsense. "The working class" does not exist anymore. Automation and shift to "service industries" happens global wide, not only in the UK or the rest of the EU. That your car manufacturing is going down etc. has nothing to do with the EU ... if you want to blame one then blame Japan [emoji1] Anyway, nice chatting with you ... I have to remind myself: don't discuss with people who know nothing about the topic.

As an example, Germany Spain and Italy have not seen 4 million EU citizens take advantage of the freedom of movement laws.
Don’t discuss, and no need to chat, but you asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Na, we get it ... the population of the small countries like Estonia or Slovenia all moved to UK, Spain (yeah you deny that) and Italy.

So those countries are all empty now ...

4 Million "immigrants" from Europe in the UK, what a laugh.

Perhaps you should open your eyes when you walk around: the "dark skinned" people you see are from Pakistan, India, Ceylon, Singapore or other former colonies and now Commonwealth countries. The people who immigrate from the EU are working in hospitals, mostly. Or in banks or software industries, not in your non existing steel mills or coal mines ... 

Or simply have a look on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_England

UK has probably the _lowest_ immigration rates in the EU. Reason: it is funked up just like america. And it is absurd expensive. We only go there: because we love the Britts. I mean, mostly, I do not love all of them obviously.

2 hours ago, Enki said:

Perhaps you should open your eyes when you walk around: the "dark skinned" people you see are from Pakistan, India, Ceylon, Singapore or other former colonies and now Commonwealth countries.

Well we're not laughing about them all. Working, or not they are still here and in those numbers are a negative effect.

Don't know about you, because you don't see to have much of an idea at all, but we can tell the difference between those you mention and EU migrants. The EU ones usually appear to be of European origin, even the swarthy looking ones.

2 hours ago, Enki said:

Na, we get it ... the population of the small countries like Estonia or Slovenia all moved to UK, Spain (yeah you deny that) and Italy.

So those countries are all empty now ...

Perhaps you should open your eyes when you walk around: the "dark skinned" people you see are from Pakistan, India, Ceylon, Singapore or other former colonies and now Commonwealth countries. The people who immigrate from the EU are working in hospitals, mostly. Or in banks or software industries, not in your non existing steel mills or coal mines ... 

Or simply have a look on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_England

UK has probably the _lowest_ immigration rates in the EU. Reason: it is funked up just like america. And it is absurd expensive. We only go there: because we love the Britts. I mean, mostly, I do not love all of them obviously.

According to our local T.V station yesterday. There are in the U.K nearly 200,000 citizens of the small country of Latvia living in the U.K. This from a total population of 1.9 million. Go figure.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:43 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

I have always thought that keeping the UK in the EU was good for everyone, but now I am not so sure. Perhaps the EU is better off without the UK...

Keeping the UK is good for everyone in the EU, you are/were right.

It is just not good for everyone in the UK. We are sick of the EU bureaucrats and policies (not the people), we are sick of paying over the odds to belong. We voted out, we want out and every UK politician that votes against the people's vote should be lynched IMHO!

Archived