British Airways LHR-BKK £376

KneeDeep

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lond/bkkt/190610/190711/

Not sure why the dates change with the link above...

Many more dates available. Though one might understand that some would pay the extra £65 to fly with EVA, this makes it more attractive to those who prefer to fly direct, but choose an indirect flight on price.

4 minutes ago, muffy653 said:

It's ok as long as you don't have any luggage. I thought it was a bargain until finally getting to the baggage page and found that they charge £76 per suitcase each way. EVA prices includes baggage

I missed that. Sorry.

1 minute ago, CliffH said:

Free online seat selection with Eva too. Quite pricey with BA if you want to avoid the dreaded middle seat.

Just check in on-line and choose your seat then.. 

It's worth stating that BA don't really have a weight limit for hand luggage, so you can actually take up to 46 kgs of luggage on-board with you with the Hand Luggage Only fare.

Crazy, but true. ????

Hand baggage

• 1 handbag/laptop bag (Up to 40cm x 30cm x 15cm/16in x 12in x 6in.)
  • 1 additional cabin bag (Up to 56cm x 45cm x 25cm/22in x 18in x 10in.)

2 hours ago, muffy653 said:

It's ok as long as you don't have any luggage. I thought it was a bargain until finally getting to the baggage page and found that they charge £76 per suitcase each way. EVA prices includes baggage

It's actually £30 each way.

But note their very generous Hand Luggage allowance. Up to 46 kgs. So if you don't intend to carry liquids, it's a worthwhile saving.

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

Get me the same price on BKK-LHR and I'll give you a handsome bonus.

Why is it that the price on a round trip ticket from BKK to anywhere is substantially more expensive than the same flights in the opposite direction? 

6 minutes ago, kiskat said:

i never pay more than £500 from birmingham england to either bangkok or phuket including baggage, emirates or qatar airlines both are very good

Yeah...but this is a direct flight for under £400. Some prefer direct.

18 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Just check in on-line and choose your seat then.. 

It's worth stating that BA don't really have a weight limit for hand luggage, so you can actually take up to 46 kgs of luggage on-board with you with the Hand Luggage Only fare.

Crazy, but true. ????

Just try to get 23kg into a hand luggage sized bag/case. And lift 23 kg into the overhead lockers....twice.

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Just try to get 23kg into a hand luggage sized bag/case. And lift 23 kg into the overhead lockers....twice.

Can. No problem. But who takes 46 kgs even if they have checked-in luggage? (Actually I do. But that's another story).

My point is that you don't have to worry about silly 6 kg hand luggage allowances, but instead you can pack whatever fits into the two cases, other than prohibited items.

25 to 30 kgs in the two small cases is more realistic.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Why is it that the price on a round trip ticket from BKK to anywhere is substantially more expensive than the same flights in the opposite direction? 

A London-based travel agent tried to explain it to me about 10 years ago....after 20 minutes it got so complicated that I begged to pay full fare economy, which is in the region of £600 plus (and often ends in seven or eight hundreds. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now, but they say stuff like demand from UK or Europe (holiday travel) is a lot higher than expats taking a holiday back home, so sector competition comes in.... I'm lost again

Always use EVA but last September switched to BA to take both of us for a UK visit. ( BKK  LHR  BKK )

Hand luggage only so we saved 20,000 for 2 tickets compared to EVA

Was very pleasantly surprised. Slightly more leg room, slightly more comfortable seats , good food and we had 4 small bottles of wine each after going so long without. ( Crap in flight entertainment though )

Also, arriving at Terminal 5 was a lot less manic than the other terminals and we breezed through immigration in 10 minutes.

Free bus to the Hyatt then a 5 minute walk to a corner shop for another bottle of wine and some cheap but fresh sandwiches.

Supper well sorted. Nice hotel too.

18 hours ago, muffy653 said:

Eva have the top recommendation of all the carriers.  I am going to try them in October.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, KneeDeep said:

Can. No problem. But who takes 46 kgs even if they have checked-in luggage? (Actually I do. But that's another story).

My point is that you don't have to worry about silly 6 kg hand luggage allowances, but instead you can pack whatever fits into the two cases, other than prohibited items.

25 to 30 kgs in the two small cases is more realistic.

You may think it is realistic but there is a safety issue involved. In recent years airlines have started playing with carry on luggage as a marketing ploy and someone may have to die to get it back on track.

Neil Hansford, the chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, said the rules came down to the weight being held in the overhead lockers.

"When you open the overhead lockers, each one says no more than 100kg," he said.

"Every time there has been an aircraft that has had a heavy landing, the things that break away are the overhead lockers.

"They have a finite limit to what should be in there."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-15/airlines-and-carry-on-bag-weight-why-it-matters/10236612

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You may think it is realistic but there is a safety issue involved. In recent years airlines have started playing with carry on luggage as a marketing ploy and someone may have to die to get it back on track.

Neil Hansford, the chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, said the rules came down to the weight being held in the overhead lockers.

"When you open the overhead lockers, each one says no more than 100kg," he said.

"Every time there has been an aircraft that has had a heavy landing, the things that break away are the overhead lockers.

"They have a finite limit to what should be in there."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-15/airlines-and-carry-on-bag-weight-why-it-matters/10236612

Erm...if each one say no more than 100 kgs, quie how many cases can fit into an overhead locker?

I suggest no more than four. So even with 23kgs in each, you don't reach 100kg.

Unless you are suggesting that 100kg is too much.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:27 PM, CliffH said:

Free online seat selection with Eva too. Quite pricey with BA if you want to avoid the dreaded middle seat.

Several airlines are now setting their lowest prices with removing the facility to reserve seat at time of booking and/or setting premiums for subsequent seat selection prior to check-in.

21 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Erm...if each one say no more than 100 kgs, quie how many cases can fit into an overhead locker?

I suggest no more than four. So even with 23kgs in each, you don't reach 100kg.

Unless you are suggesting that 100kg is too much.

I am flattered that you think I wrote the article.

People like you are a danger to those around them.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Why are you writing a load of old rubbish? Did I suggest that you had written it?

You don't even understand the article to which you have linked. 

So why have you linked to it?

Ridiculous.

19 hours ago, sandyf said:

Not only do you fail to understand the article that you posted, but you also completely failed to understand my reply. 

Perhaps you should refrain from posting until you learn to read and comprehend what you are reading.

Archived