How is the TM-30 housemaster reporting requirement affecting you?

Interesting and vaguely confusing replies.

I have a house that I own, I own the house but not the land which of course means I have a leasehold ownership on that property.

I have the blue book (which does not have my Farang name on it as the owner because they don't do the yellow book in Phuket)

I RENT my house out, long-term, Should I fill in and sign the TM30 form for my tenants??? or is the land-owner that needs do this? (

Can someone please help/educate me...?

Thanks

Edited by TheMacMan
edit info

4 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

Interesting and vaguely confusing replies.

I have a house that I own, I own the house but not the land which of course means I have a leasehold ownership on that property.

I have the blue book (which does not have my Farang name on it as the owner because they don't do the yellow book in Phuket)

I RENT my house out, long-term, Should I fill in and sign the TM30 form for my tenants??? or is the land-owner that needs do this? (

Can someone please help/educate me...?

Thanks

Just go to the local IO I am sure they will advise you.

3 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I went home to Oz for Xmas and while at Jomtien Immigration getting my re-entry permit I asked if I would need to lodge a new TM30 on my return (or at least my wife) I was told that because I am here on a Retirement Extension I did not need to, but I guess I might find out the hard way when I do my renewal next month.

I am going back next week but just renewed the extension last week so asked about the TM30 and TM28 at Phetchabun. The wife owns the house so they gave her a TM30 to lodge on return but nothing about a TM28. We will be staying in Bangkok overnight on return.

On my previous trip to Oz no TM30 or TM28 were lodged. Had a home inspection shortly after but nothing said about either form missing. So I am totally confused as to what, legally, should be done.

When this was a Hot Topic on TVF about a year or so ago, I asked my usual, quite sensible I/O and she just shook her head a bit, smiled, and said don't worry about.  But I recognize Immi offices have different ways of doing things. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

In some provinces you do not need to re-file TM30 for overnight trips within the country, only after leaving the country. And a few provinces don't require it at all though that seems to be changing. My province (Prachinburi) didn't use to either...and then suddenly they did.

Even when it is only required after leaving the country it can indeed be quite  hassle.

I am the "housemaster" and have to file TM-3os both for myself and for my Cambodian household staff, who go back and forth a lot as their home is near the border. I would estimate that I file about 10-15 TM30s a year, each one accompanied by a massive stack of photocopies.

The only "plus" is that it has made me quite well known to my local Imm office. I'm there what feels like constantly.

You do not really have to report within 24 hours. 1st working day after day you arrived is fine. After all, arrival may often be on a non-working day or after working hours.  Maybe aim for arrivals on Fridays or Saturdays if you want to give yourself time to rest up.

You’re right where I live this is totally a non issue.  I was expecting it to be when I got my last extension so I brought a copy of my landlord’s Tambien Baan signed by him and a copy of his Thai ID card signed by my landlord as well, and a current renewed copy of my lease agreement with my wife’s original Tambien Baan (Thai house registration) to Immigration.  Although Immigration didn’t even want to see it when I offered it to them even though our pictures are at the house we lease they only wanted to see my wife’s original Tambien Baan which is for her family’s house down the street  (Thai house registration).  I even offered to take new pictures in front of my wife’s family’s house where her Tambien Baan is registered but Immigration said that our pictures at our house that we lease was perfectly fine and acceptable.  So even though we lease a different house than where my wife’s Tambien Baan is actually registered it was okay, Immigration didn’t require a TM-30 that I recall or a copy of my landlord’s Tambien Baan, Thai ID Card, or my lease agreement.  Immigration only wanted to see my wife’s original Tambien Baan and of course her Thai ID Card as well as all the rest of the required paperwork for my marriage visa extension.

I’ve been living here for almost 5 years and reporting every 90 days and it’s never been an issue up here.   Maybe my landlord reported my address to Immigration and I just wasn’t aware I don’t know I just know that I’ve never had any problems with that before.  

Edited by Jim7777

Each office is different and their rules change from year-to-year. In Chiang Mai, they want you to report only if you've left the country and now have a new departure card number, not after in-country travel.  Recently, they've become sticklers about the 24 hour rule and are even open on Saturdays, just to accept TM30 reports.

Our condo office does online filing and in the past the screen-print of their input was sufficient proof of my having a TM30 on-file at the time of application for the one-year retirement extension.  With my recent application, I had to trudge up to the third floor of the new CM immigration building (no elevator/lift in a brand new building) and secure an official TM30 receipt rather than submit the screen print from the condo office.  No fine because I was in full compliance, but the retirement extension officer downstairs wanted to see that official slip of paper with the immigration, not condo, stamp in my passport.  I think my condo's stamp is prettier. 

Never ever  reported in 6  years and just did new marriage extension..........Hua  Hin  immigration, lets  hope they keep it that way, its a ridiculous rule, you should  tell them only when youve  moved, its a bit  like telling em you still have two arms every time you  leave the province

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Each office is different and their rules change from year-to-year. In Chiang Mai, they want you to report only if you've left the country and now have a new departure card number, not after in-country travel.  Recently, they've become sticklers about the 24 hour rule and are even open on Saturdays, just to accept TM30 reports.

Our condo office does online filing and in the past the screen-print of their input was sufficient proof of my having a TM30 on-file at the time of application for the one-year retirement extension.  With my recent application, I had to trudge up to the third floor of the new CM immigration building (no elevator/lift in a brand new building) and secure an official TM30 receipt rather than submit the screen print from the condo office.  No fine because I was in full compliance, but the retirement extension officer downstairs wanted to see that official slip of paper with the immigration, not condo, stamp in my passport.  I think my condo's stamp is prettier. 

Stamping on their heads would be even prettier  still..............and  more satisfying

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

I am going back next week but just renewed the extension last week so asked about the TM30 and TM28 at Phetchabun. The wife owns the house so they gave her a TM30 to lodge on return but nothing about a TM28. We will be staying in Bangkok overnight on return.

On my previous trip to Oz no TM30 or TM28 were lodged. Had a home inspection shortly after but nothing said about either form missing. So I am totally confused as to what, legally, should be done.

Tell em youve  bought a  camper  van and stay in a  different province everyday.......wait for the confused deer  in the headlights  look

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

FIRST JOE WHERE ARE YOU???

I have lived here for 9 years and the only change that I report is when I move to a new residence.

I also like most here travel although not out of the country on a regular basis and stay in hotels and such.  I also traveled outside the country to check out the land of OZZ sorry not my brand of beer too expensive.

Anyway, I have never ever made a report or had the owner do a report for any of my trips.  Why should I still reside at that location as my permanent location and base?  The hotels that I stay in report that I am there.  

Now I live in Pathum Thani and immigration here have brains that they use.  That may be the difference.

My question is why are you telling the owner that you are going away.  If he or she does not know that you have left the house they have no need to report it.

If you do not pay rent for the time that you are away then I can understand but really are we starting to micromanage our fears and get paranoid.

I started reading and thought, here is a man to take notice of, then, " land of OZZ sorry not my brand of beer too expensive.". then you lost all credibility. 

I never report anything when I go to another province - I'm usually staying at relatives houses or resorts under my wife's or another relatives name. Even in large hotels, I let my wife deal with them (they never ask to see my passport). It's a stupid rule and I won't be a part of it. I just report when I come from overseas. I can understand them wanting to track tourists, but people living here for years and doing 90-day reports anyway....well, that's Thai logic. 

2 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Do it online - problem solved. 

Never done one of these or had one done by the family ( they haven't a clue what I'm talking about: "silly man, this your home not hotel" but then they don't understand about visas either! ) when I come home in 7 years nor had a receipt ( or a fine) to staple in to my passport on renewals ( when my wife might have been asked  to do it, but she assures me she knows a nothing and would surely have turned to me hand out palm up if there was a fine!) at Sakhon Nakhon so far, just the 90 day warning  notice. The IO is 125 km away so pretty much a day's return trip.  Don't know for this year as I went to Savanakhet instead and got a non immigrant multiple entry 90 day one on basis of marriage.

I did post about this subject recently and Ubon Joe gave me a link ( it's in the thread on my post) to the online site where you can register to do it online. I'm going to try to register our marital home with her as housemaster, but haven't yet. Then hopefully can do it online next time I leave and return. I'm leaving in 10 days for a 3 month trip to my other family and home ( the one I actually own, rather than just paid for ha! ha!) in France. Will try it on my return.

Hotels etc I'm sure do it and do it online, but you never get any kind of receipt. So if we do it online for each time I come home does one get a receipt? How?

"How is the TM-30 housemaster reporting requirement affecting you?"

Not at all. Jomtien Immigration have repeatedly told me that as long as I am returning to my own condo I need not file a TM30 at all, no matter where I have been. So I dont.

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"How is the TM-30 housemaster reporting requirement affecting you?"

Before in BKK I never had to do this.

There have been various threads in the past year of BKK CW beginning to enforce TM30s against renters, fine them for non-compliance and decline to process their extensions of stay without an up-to-date TM30.

The forum reporting on this has been somewhat haphazard. Some people have reported experiencing what I summarized above. Others doing business at BKK CW have not reported the same experience.  When I did my extension there last August, there was no request about my TM30.

But given all the bubbling uncertainty, and given that my Thai landlord has never filed a TM30 on my residency during my MANY years living in the same place, I self-reported by mail to BKK CW a month or so back after returning from a trip to the U.S., and got the TM30 receipt back in my SASE about a week later.

Fortunately, I don't have to go out of the country very often. And AFAIK, when BKK CW does enforce the TM30 rule against renters, it's for travel out of the country, not for travel to other provinces in Thailand.

12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

...the housemaster...

For a private residence, section 4 of the Immigration Act defines the house-master as the chief possessor of the residence in his capacity of tenant or owner. Do you fit this definition?

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

If you have to file a TM-30 every time you travel, what is the purpose of the TM-28?

TM.28: notification of change of address

TM.30: notification of the arrival of a foreigner at the residence

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There have been various threads in the past year of BKK CW beginning to enforce TM30s against renters, fine them for non-compliance and decline to process their extensions of stay without an up-to-date TM30.

The forum reporting on this has been somewhat haphazard. Some people have reported experiencing what I summarized above. Others doing business at BKK CW have not reported the same experience.  When I did my extension there last August, there was no request about my TM30.

But given all the bubbling uncertainty, and given that my Thai landlord has never filed a TM30 on my residency during my MANY years living in the same place, I self-reported by mail to BKK CW a month or so back after returning from a trip to the U.S., and got the TM30 receipt back in my SASE about a week later.

Fortunately, I don't have to go out of the country very often. And AFAIK, when BKK CW does enforce the TM30 rule against renters, it's for travel out of the country, not for travel to other provinces in Thailand.

I have seen ONE thread/report about "tm30 now required at CW"

That turned out to be extension based on marriage. I also suspect there may have been other issue.

To the contrary for extensions at CW (without change of address, requiring tm28 &30. There are zillion reports if tm30 required at cw.

Indeed I have done 7 annual extensions at cw without ever doing tm30. BTW I fly out of los every 2 weeks and also travel throughout Thailand. I think the op is bkk. What's the fuss. I am aware some offices insist upon tm30. Not bkk. Period

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have seen ONE thread/report about "tm30 now required at CW"

That turned out to be extension based on marriage. I also suspect there may have been other issue.

To the contrary for extensions at CW (without change of address, requiring tm28 &30. There are zillion reports if tm30 required at cw.

Indeed I have done 7 annual extensions at cw without ever doing tm30. BTW I fly out of los every 2 weeks and also travel throughout Thailand. I think the op is bkk. What's the fuss. I am aware some offices insist upon tm30. Not bkk. Period

There are quite a few individual reports from various members in the one thread you mention and some others talking about being hit by TM30 when going for their extensions. And other posters saying they weren't being hit, as I summarized in my original comment.

I too have done many years of extensions in BKK without ever being asked for a TM30. But that alone doesn't necessarily mean something hasn't changed lately at BKK CW. Based on the totality of the posts, I'd say it remains uncertain. But you're obviously free to draw whatever conclusion you wish.

I filed mine in order to avoid any potential problem or fine when I go to do my extension later this year.  If they don't ask me about a TM30 receipt at that point, I probably won't file another one for the future, unless something else changes.

• Like 1

My gf always send the TM 30 by Post with receipt to the immigration. Typically after about 10 days they reply with a letter saying they have received it. The point is that in the meantime you have the receipt from the Post that you actually have sent it. No problem so far. It is in Nong Kheam in Bangkok.

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Boy, sounds like a pain.

I live in Pattaya and for several years travel all the time in and out of the country and within.

Never done anything and never been asked anything by TI when I go there for business.

Thats odd, because i use Jomtien for my needs, even have an inside contact. 

But still get told to report residency every time i return to Thailand. 

On the other hand, i was in Nangrong for a couple of days and the hotel does not submit any details about guests. 

Doesn't copy the passport or driver's license. 

So based in this, i don't report anything about returning.

I even had the retirement extension done Monday and it didn't flag any issue. 

(You hear that the TM may ring up wrong if you dont report and the have needs to visit your local immigration office).

Edited by dallen52

12 hours ago, DavisH said:

I never report anything when I go to another province - I'm usually staying at relatives houses or resorts under my wife's or another relatives name. Even in large hotels, I let my wife deal with them (they never ask to see my passport). It's a stupid rule and I won't be a part of it. I just report when I come from overseas. I can understand them wanting to track tourists, but people living here for years and doing 90-day reports anyway....well, that's Thai logic. 

"'a stupid rule and I won't be a part of it. ".   " I let my wife deal with them ".  !!!

Tell em youve  bought a  camper  van and stay in a  different province everyday.......wait for the confused deer  in the headlights  look

Ha! When Chinese were driving down in convoys of Camper vans it became a problem in Chiang Mai/Rai so they banned it. Them dumping their “wastes” inconsiderately also.

Foreigners can only camp in National Parks at ten times price or campgrounds where they take your passport details or it is illegal.