Pickpockets at Airport

Danthai

Pickpockets seem to be working the airport in Phuket. Wife,s daughter seeing her mom off at the airport for return to Chiangmai had a phone stolen last night from her purse. Happened quickly. Please put out a caution to your reading population to be careful. Guess the terminal is very crowded. Thanks

Ask the airport security to check the CCTV footage. If she believes she had been pickpocketed inside the airport there would liekly be cctv footage.

perhaps the phone dropped out of her purse somewhere along the way, or placed it down somehere and forgot about it.

did she call her number to see if someone answered?

If it was an iphone, did she check “find my phone” online?

Did she check the lost and found at the airport, or with the taxi company(if she took a taxi)?

8 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Ask the airport security to check the CCTV footage. If she believes she had been pickpocketed inside the airport there would liekly be cctv footage.

perhaps the phone dropped out of her purse somewhere along the way, or placed it down somehere and forgot about it.

did she call her number to see if someone answered?

If it was an iphone, did she check “find my phone” online?

Did she check the lost and found at the airport, or with the taxi company(if she took a taxi)?

Good post with some excellent suggestions.

I haven't noticed that pickpocketing is particularly common in Phuket, and more detail about this incident would seem to be essential for credibility.

Considering it's a post from the north-east it raises suspicions that it's just more Phuket bashing by the denizens of that area. 

Archived