As tourist drowns someone steals rescuer's wallet left on Hua Hin beach

webfact

As tourist drowns someone steals rescuer's wallet left on Hua Hin beach

2pm.jpg

Reports are coming in of the death of a tourist from drowning near Soi 69 at Hua Hin beach. 

But after another foreign tourist tried to save the other tourist someone stole his wallet that he had left on the beach. 

A video taken around 1 pm showed a group of concerned foreigners around the stricken man with one giving CPR. Mention was also made of the man's wife. 

An ambulance had been called but had not yet arrived.

A post on the "Hua Hin Expats" page on Facebook said there were good and bad people about. 

The wallet contains important documents and Hua Hin police area aware of the incident. 

The tourist reportedly died though we have no more details at present. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-19

Ao manao in Prachuap has lifeguards !!

Thats the plus side

the minus is they are fully dressed in army/ air force gear with the addition of wearing a full lifejacket

As unlucky conscripts who probably cant swim They avoid both sun and certainly water 

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Didn't trust the hotels safety box? But in any case, one has to bring the passport, even to the beach, though risk of getting stolen or ruined.

You do not have to carry your passport, this has been covered on this forum dozens of times. 

R.I.P. to the deceased, and I hope the good Samaritan recovers his belongings, though doubtful.

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Didn't trust the hotels safety box? But in any case, one has to bring the passport, even to the beach, though risk of getting stolen or ruined.

Don't think one has to carry passport anymore everywhere they go.

Someone does a good thing to try and save a life, and starting with the first post, out come the negative sarcastic comments. Sad indeed. Wonder what the comments would be if he had saved the person's life. Thank you good samaritan for trying to save a human life. You gave in order to do the right thing. Hope they can find the wallet.

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

The report says it was about 1pm so they were probably on their lunch break.

Obviously accidents including drowning don't stop for "lunch break"maybe the life guards should adopt a "flexi" lunch system!

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

You do not have to carry your passport, this has been covered on this forum dozens of times. 

R.I.P. to the deceased, and I hope the good Samaritan recovers his belongings, though doubtful.

We’ll I exchanged money yesterday and needed a passport,rented motorbike 5 days ago needed passport and sent money to my mum and needed passport.i have a passport card I thought would work at all three places and all wanted original passport 

6 minutes ago, sean420 said:

We’ll I exchanged money yesterday and needed a passport,rented motorbike 5 days ago needed passport and sent money to my mum and needed passport.i have a passport card I thought would work at all three places and all wanted original passport 

did you go to the beach though?

well done for sending mum money btw

Archived