Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

As tourist drowns someone steals rescuer's wallet left on Hua Hin beach


webfact

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Didn't trust the hotels safety box? But in any case, one has to bring the passport, even to the beach, though risk of getting stolen or ruined.

Not true. You can take a copy or a copy on your phone if you take it with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

There might have been some people watching out for anyone smoking a cigarette - this is their top priority right now.

... in addition to sex on the beach ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical..... Outside the Siam centre years ago a motorbike was totaled in front of myself and my girlfriend at the time. The pick up driver in true Thai fashion roared off and left the scene of the accident leaving the motorcyclist sprawled out in the middle of the road. It was a real bloody mess, i ran over, had a look at the guy, tried all i could and while i'm doing this my girlfriend in shock had put our weekly shopping down and was just stood there. When it was all cleared up she turned round to pick up the shopping and low and behold it was gone....... What's that about honest Thai taxi drivers again ? I like that fairy tale....... The worse bit was the guy on the bike was carrying nail varnish in boxes, but before he was scraped up every bottle of nail varnish had been nicked by the crowd....... parasites ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no lifeguards on beaches in Hua Hin. 

 

Sad that a person died and just as sad that someone saving, it at least trying to save someone else’s life, has their belongings stolen by some petty sneak thief. What a cheap thing to do, I hope he and his family are proud of whatever he got from the wallet!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Well ,one doesn't leave anything on the beach no matter where in the world . There are Thieves and opportunists where ever one goes.

What a stupid comment! So, the guy who went to try to help another fellow human being should do what? Refuse to go and try to help as he had nowhere to put his wallet? I agree that there are thrives all around the world and I have travelled around many countries and seen many things happen but Thailand really is the chances capital of the work and all about me, me, me.

 

inalso once saw a guy having a heart attack in big C, north pattaya, many years ago. He was carrying a soft leather briefcase and as he was falling to the ground, a small crowd of men gathered around him and the briefcase was gone before he’d hit the ground himself. Disgusting behavior to another human being regardless of where we’re from or where we are in the word.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Falcon said:

What a stupid comment! So, the guy who went to try to help another fellow human being should do what? Refuse to go and try to help as he had nowhere to put his wallet? I agree that there are thrives all around the world and I have travelled around many countries and seen many things happen but Thailand really is the chances capital of the work and all about me, me, me.

 

inalso once saw a guy having a heart attack in big C, north pattaya, many years ago. He was carrying a soft leather briefcase and as he was falling to the ground, a small crowd of men gathered around him and the briefcase was gone before he’d hit the ground himself. Disgusting behavior to another human being regardless of where we’re from or where we are in the word.

Stupid comment hey, you're the stupid one to agree for leavings ones shit so some lowlife can run of with it , grow up this is not 1950 when one could do that, shit happens nowadays. Look after oneself first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Stupid comment hey, you're the stupid one to agree for leavings ones shit so some lowlife can run of with it , grow up this is not 1950 when one could do that, shit happens nowadays. Look after oneself first.

So, if ever I have the choice of trying to save someone's life, or looking after my wallet, you suggest that I should do the latter?

Thank God my life is not in your sympathetic hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Didn't trust the hotels safety box? But in any case, one has to bring the passport, even to the beach, though risk of getting stolen or ruined.

would you have tried to save the victim or just criticized the rescue from afar?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Stupid comment hey, you're the stupid one to agree for leavings ones shit so some lowlife can run of with it , grow up this is not 1950 when one could do that, shit happens nowadays. Look after oneself first.

You may be surprised how many of us would actually be so stupid to run into the water to save some stranger's life and forget about our wallet. And, we have no idea how it was in 1950.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sean420 said:

We’ll I exchanged money yesterday and needed a passport,rented motorbike 5 days ago needed passport and sent money to my mum and needed passport.i have a passport card I thought would work at all three places and all wanted original passport 

Obviously, if you are going to conduct a business transaction then the need for a passport is great, but for a day on the beach, a walk in the park, a trip to the shops, a massage, a haircut, buying a pot plant, or a session at a bar.......Need I say more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, if ever I have the choice of trying to save someone's life, or looking after my wallet, you suggest that I should do the latter?

Thank God my life is not in your sympathetic hands.

Up to you , I've learned the hard way by helping people no matter what it is . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wallander4 said:

You didn't travel much did you ?

Very much, Army and alone in the days when you swam well or drowned,  as it should be imo. I had good Parents who looked after me as an infant, not like many Millennial Me Me today who think its someone else job to look after all tiny brains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...