BANGKOK 19 March 2019 02:31
webfact

As tourist drowns someone steals rescuer's wallet left on Hua Hin beach

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Stupid comment hey, you're the stupid one to agree for leavings ones shit so some lowlife can run of with it , grow up this is not 1950 when one could do that, shit happens nowadays. Look after oneself first.

So, if ever I have the choice of trying to save someone's life, or looking after my wallet, you suggest that I should do the latter?

Thank God my life is not in your sympathetic hands.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Didn't trust the hotels safety box? But in any case, one has to bring the passport, even to the beach, though risk of getting stolen or ruined.

would you have tried to save the victim or just criticized the rescue from afar?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Stupid comment hey, you're the stupid one to agree for leavings ones shit so some lowlife can run of with it , grow up this is not 1950 when one could do that, shit happens nowadays. Look after oneself first.

You may be surprised how many of us would actually be so stupid to run into the water to save some stranger's life and forget about our wallet. And, we have no idea how it was in 1950.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thats just reminded me, the lifeguard frames where they have gone misding on Pattaya beach since the remodel. Never seen a lifeguard ?

17 hours ago, legend49 said:

said there were good and bad people about. 

How do you assess that?

by knowing that 50% of the population is female.  :cheesy:

15 hours ago, sean420 said:

We’ll I exchanged money yesterday and needed a passport,rented motorbike 5 days ago needed passport and sent money to my mum and needed passport.i have a passport card I thought would work at all three places and all wanted original passport 

Obviously, if you are going to conduct a business transaction then the need for a passport is great, but for a day on the beach, a walk in the park, a trip to the shops, a massage, a haircut, buying a pot plant, or a session at a bar.......Need I say more.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Life Guards, oh for the Nanny State.

You didn't travel much did you ?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, neeray said:

Having spent a week at beautiful Hua Hin, I can't say as I recall any life guards.

And any jellyfish or sharks?

13 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

So, if ever I have the choice of trying to save someone's life, or looking after my wallet, you suggest that I should do the latter?

Thank God my life is not in your sympathetic hands.

Up to you , I've learned the hard way by helping people no matter what it is . 

1 hour ago, Wallander4 said:

You didn't travel much did you ?

Very much, Army and alone in the days when you swam well or drowned,  as it should be imo. I had good Parents who looked after me as an infant, not like many Millennial Me Me today who think its someone else job to look after all tiny brains. 

No good deed shall go unpunished and the greater the deed, the more severe the punishment.