Non-B extension cancellation + 60 day extension in different provinces

Hello folks, looking for clarification on the following topic:

I am currently on a NON-B 1 year extension and planning to terminate my employment contract in the next months. Upon cancellation, I am planning to get a 60-day extension based on Thai wife. 

The company is in CM, but the NON-B extension was obtained in Bangkok (chamchuri sq, BOI) when we were based around BKK. Few months ago, we have moved to Chiang Mai and we are staying at a friend's resort (no rental agreement).

I know the normal process would be to cancel non-b 1-year extension and apply for 60-day extension on the same day at CM immigration, but does anyone see any problems with my circumstances? 

Much appreciated!

Not use if the one stop center would do it but at other offices you can cancel the extension a few days early and they will post date it to the date shown on the termination letter so that you would have to time to apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not use if the one stop center would do it but at other offices you can cancel the extension a few days early and they will post date it to the date shown on the termination letter so that you would have to time to apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife in Chiang Mai.

Looks like this is my best option too to wait out paperwork between jobs. Can you guys confirm it is doable? Will need to go get a fresh copy of marriage cert. though as it can't be older than a couple of months.

9 hours ago, Poppadom said:

Looks like this is my best option too to wait out paperwork between jobs. Can you guys confirm it is doable? Will need to go get a fresh copy of marriage cert. though as it can't be older than a couple of months.

It can be done.

Copies of your marriage certificate do not have a expiration date.

Your wife will have to be with you when you apply for the 60 day extension.