The fall of Jussie Smollet

pedro01

I have been following with interest, the Jussie Smollet case. 

For those that don't know - he's a black gay actor in a show called Empire. A show with a predominantly gay audience. Jussie was attacked at the end of January and the details of the attack were:

- It happened at 2am in Chicago after he popped out for a sandwich 

- whilst it was -15 degrees

- 2 redneck white guys saw him AND recognized him and shouted "aren't you that n**** fa**** from Empire" - because as we know, rednecks not only watch gay shows, they also have a keen eye for facially recognizing people wrapped up for the cold

- they attacked him, poured bleach on him, put a noose around his neck and shouted "this is MAGA country" and ran off

Of course - it now transpires that Jussie set up the attack himself. 

My take on this is that it does nothing but damage the gay and black communities. Jussie obviously has 'issues' - and no doubt they will try to spin this as a mental breakdown and try to turn him into a victim.

In the meantime tens of thousands of dollars were spent by CPD and he's done his bit to create racial division.

I sincerely hope they lock him up for a year or 2. Anyone out there feeling more forgiving?

20 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Of course - it now transpires that Jussie set up the attack himself. 

No it doesn't.  At this stage it's mere speculation.  And until he's charged and convicted of falsifying a police report, to state otherwise is libellous.

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

No it doesn't.  At this stage it's mere speculation.  And until he's charged and convicted of falsifying a police report, to state otherwise is libellous.

At this stage, it's well beyond doubt.

The 2 guys that he colluded with have admitted to being paid by Jussie to stage it.

22 hours ago, pedro01 said:

My take on this is that it does nothing but damage the gay and black communities

The old adage is a good one, “One bad apple can spoil the bunch" but in this case, I don't think it will hold true. His actions, if found to be true, do not represent an entire community.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

At this stage, it's well beyond doubt.

The 2 guys that he colluded with have admitted to being paid by Jussie to stage it.

That should be "the two guys he allegedly colluded with have claimed they were paid" - they could be lying.  We don't know.

30 minutes ago, Oxx said:

That should be "the two guys he allegedly colluded with have claimed they were paid" - they could be lying.  We don't know.

No - it's beyond doubt. They admitted it because of evidence found in their apartment.

Do you want to believe it because it fits a specific narrative you subscribe to?

2 hours ago, neeray said:

The old adage is a good one, “One bad apple can spoil the bunch" but in this case, I don't think it will hold true. His actions, if found to be true, do not represent an entire community.

Of course. Just as Trump voters are not a bunch of foaming at the mouth homophobes/racists - no-one is tarring other people with the Smollett brush.

What is interesting is how it will play out. I see a tearful TV 'mea culpa' with people saying how brave Jussie is. He'll most likely say it was all done to create awareness. Yet it's awareness of something that doesn't exist. Hence he had to make it up. The narrative is that the red hat is the new white hood - but it's a false narrative. The media lapped it up though - but good on them for reporting on the fact it's a hoax.

The politicians/celebs that jumped on this are having a much harder time walking it back. 

Ultimately - it's certainly not positive to the community - but I think most people will just see Jussie as an individual idiot.

Jussie is a bigot. The big question is - is this type of bigotry acceptable?

He's now been charged for making a false police report.

A few weeks earlier, he'd received a letter full of white powder with a racist/homophobic message... - along with "MAGA" at the top.

It now appears that was fake too.

What's the world coming too, when there's such a shortage of racists and homophobes that you have to hire your own?

jussie-smollet-untagged-tgj.jpg

On 2/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, pedro01 said:

No - it's beyond doubt. They admitted it because of evidence found in their apartment.

Do you want to believe it because it fits a specific narrative you subscribe to?

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

It would appear that you're the one with the specific narrative and the utterly closed mindset.

It's not going to harm you to wait until there's a trial (if there even is one), and a verdict is delivered.

However, you choose to peddle a particular story based upon speculation and lurid accusations.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

It would appear that you're the one with the specific narrative and the utterly closed mindset.

It's not going to harm you to wait until there's a trial (if there even is one), and a verdict is delivered.

However, you choose to peddle a particular story based upon speculation and lurid accusations.

I think you may well be the last remaining person on planet earth that actually believes his original story could even possibly be true.... 

I mean - as if the original story wasn't ridiculous enough - 2 men have admitted to being paid to stage it... 

In fact - this is them buying the ski-masks and red hats to use in the 'attack'

Actually - that makes me wonder - that shop is primarily selling women's beauty products. Seems a bit odd they'd also sell ski masks and red hats. Would have thought they'd be completely different demographics.

BTW - these 2 criminal masterminds also lined their bird cage with a magazine with letters cut out.... So looks like more charges to come...

9 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Powerful speech. Jussie has been charged. Apparently he's saying he did it increase his salary. 

So is that right? If someone beats the crap out of you, you get a pay rise? 

//CLOSED//

Topic running in the World News: 

Archived