BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:57
yang123

Which Thai banks show incoming SWIFT transfers as coming from overseas?

Situation: have to open a Thai bank account to handle the documentary requirements under the new visa extension arragements.

It seems that overseas SWIFT transfers to Bank of Bangkok are appropriately coded as FTT in savings books/bank accounts.

Others not so clear: a post suggests that Krungsri codes incoming SWIFT transfers as TN, which may not be acceptable to Thai Immigration.

So, the question is as the title: which Thai banks show incoming SWIFT transfers as coming from overseas?

It perhaps depends who sends the money as well? 

A SWIFT transfer from the "Halifax" in the UK, to a GBP FCD account always shows as SWF, which is SWIFT.

• Like 1

I can confirm Krungsri codes as TN.

Krungsri also happens to have the worst TT rates in Thailand (usually worse by around 0.3%)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kasikorn show as International when i look at the transactions online, but the statement you download just has teller code TFN05027.
Swift from Santander UK. Maybe printed bank statement from bank will be different?Screenshot_20190219-145405_Chrome.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yang123 said:

So, the question is as the title: which Thai banks show incoming SWIFT transfers as coming from overseas?

Depends on which agency bank in Thailand the originating overseas bank use for SWIFT transfers, I think. If the same as the recipient bank, the eventual THB credit should be coded FTT or similar. But, if they are different, this may attract a domestic coding instead. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brexiteer said:

My "DUMMY BRANCH" entry on Kasikorn was acceptable to an IO yesterday.

What Immigration Office?

And, did you have an accompanying letter from your Thai bank saying anything about you having done monthly foreign transfers?

Kasikorn shows specific transaction codes for international transfers:
TFN05027 - TFN05032
20190219_172935.jpeg.5e6dafb459def1f9e273830f1fb97783.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are these codes recognised by Immigration as International transfers? as the statement you get when you request one online doesn't say International
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, moana said:

I can confirm Krungsri codes as TN.

Krungsri also happens to have the worst TT rates in Thailand (usually worse by around 0.3%)!

I can't argue that....they usually are on the low end compared to other Thai banks when it comes to exchange rates....and at this moment in time they are on the very bottom.

image.png.80870fa332401490f9a2966f84c4c4a3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are these codes recognised by Immigration as International transfers? as the statement you get when you request one online doesn't say International
You could print out their code page.
Can't you request the bank for an overview with only the transfers matching those codes?
Anyway, the international transfers are identifiable. Something should be possible.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app