Law to legalize marijuana for medical purposes takes effect

webfact

Law to legalize marijuana for medical purposes takes effect

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6GrExtTZocZcXHVn9Pbt6gKL

Marijuana, or “kanja” as it is known in Thailand, can now be grown legally and used in medical and scientific applicationswith the consent of the authorities concerned.

The Narcotics Act B.E. 2562, which seeks to amend specific provisions of the Narcotics Act of 1979 to enable the use of marijuana for the treatment of patients, study, research and development as well as for agricultural, commercial and industrial uses for medical benefits, has been published in the Royal Gazette.

However, the legal use of marijuana will be placed under the control of a committee headed by the permanent secretary of agriculture and comprises heads of several departments such as the Health Support Services Department, the Industrial Works Department, the Mental Health Department and the Medical Council.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/law-to-legalize-marijuana-for-medical-purposes-takes-effect/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-19

Import and export of marijuana in quantities appropriate formedical treatment of certain ailments is now possible under the law,but there must be a prescription or a certificate from a certified medical practitioner. However, the import or export ofmarijuana in excess of 10 kilogrammes is not permissible as this will be considered trafficking in narcotics.

So i wonder, as i hold a medical Marijuana card from Ca and can legally purchase it there,
will i be able to bring it over??

36 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

So i wonder, as i hold a medical Marijuana card from Ca and can legally purchase it there,

Airport security, even in California, are under Federal jurisdiction, and it is still not legal to transport that way.

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

If I am sick of governments, do I qualify to use medical marijuana? 

2 hours ago, nickstav said:

Airport security, even in California, are under Federal jurisdiction, and it is still not legal to transport that way.

Yes, you can transport from state to state in America. Like from CA to AZ where the law is legalized in that state, but from CA to any state where it is not legalized... Then No!

And it has to be under the legal limit, anything over the limit TSA will call the local police to handle it.

3 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

It's ok with me. If you do just give me a call after you've cleared Customs at the airport and we can have a welcome back session. 

58 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

Yes, you can transport from state to state in America. Like from CA to AZ where the law is legalized in that state, but from CA to any state where it is not legalized... Then No!

And it has to be under the legal limit, anything over the limit TSA will call the local police to handle it.

Actually, not exactly true, it's still federally illegal to mail, or fly with, marijuana between US states, even if it's legal in both states. LAX has publicly stated they will allow you to carry, but other airports are a grey area.

If you mean import it, no. Needs a special import license...which you cannot get.

If you mean bring it with you when you fly in (accompanied baggage) yes but you'll need FDA permit same as for any other Class 2 narcotic. Which is where your foreign prescription would come 8nto play.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not a word has come out how it actually works.

Can I or let's say a Thai person go to a clinic tomorrow and ask the doctor for a prescription for cannabis.

A product that is very likely not available now. So with that possible prescription could one import the substance without any trouble?

There are so many open questions and the law appears to be in place without any actual use....

Archived