Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:38
webfact

Law to legalize marijuana for medical purposes takes effect

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

 

So i wonder, as i hold a medical Marijuana card from Ca and can legally purchase it there,
will i be able to bring it over??

Airport security, even in California, are under Federal jurisdiction, and it is still not legal to transport that way.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

If I am sick of governments, do I qualify to use medical marijuana? 

 

2 hours ago, nickstav said:

Airport security, even in California, are under Federal jurisdiction, and it is still not legal to transport that way.

Yes, you can transport from state to state in America. Like from CA to AZ where the law is legalized in that state, but from CA to any state where it is not legalized... Then No!

And it has to be under the legal limit, anything over the limit TSA will call the local police to handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

 

So i wonder, as i hold a medical Marijuana card from Ca and can legally purchase it there,
will i be able to bring it over??

It's ok with me. If you do just give me a call after you've cleared Customs at the airport and we can have a welcome back session. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

 

Yes, you can transport from state to state in America. Like from CA to AZ where the law is legalized in that state, but from CA to any state where it is not legalized... Then No!

And it has to be under the legal limit, anything over the limit TSA will call the local police to handle it.

Actually, not exactly true, it's still federally illegal to mail, or fly with, marijuana between US states, even if it's legal in both states. LAX has publicly stated they will allow you to carry, but other airports are a grey area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you mean import it, no. Needs a special import license...which you cannot get.

If you mean bring it with you when you fly in (accompanied baggage) yes but you'll need FDA permit same as for any other Class 2 narcotic. Which is where your foreign prescription would come 8nto play.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a word has come out how it actually works.

Can I or let's say a Thai person go to a clinic tomorrow and ask the doctor for a prescription for cannabis.

A product that is very likely not available now. So with that possible prescription could one import the substance without any trouble?

There are so many open questions and the law appears to be in place without any actual use....

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...