Just Curious

Always curious

Isn't it ironic that big portly men, many in too-tight uniforms,sitting in big fat offices, being given big fat amounts of baht can, on a moment's notice, immediately affect the lives of ex-pats and others here.  Extremely short notice (in December) was given to ex-pats by authorities (in January) saying that Embassy letters regarding  monthly income would suddenly no longer be accepted for Retirement Visa extensions.  This very short notice caused, and is causing, consequential consternation for many.  Now, with only days' notice, I.D.must be shown at BTS stations in order to 'top up' fare cards used by so many thousands.  Queues and inconvenience?  These short notice consequences were obviously not thought about, nor cared about, by the originators of these regulations.  Who thinks up these off-the-top-of-their-head draconian tactics without giving humane notice for enactment?  Meanwhile, why do flagrant abuses like 'watches', 'expensive cars', 'poaching', 'popular drink hit and run' and 'certain fugitives', freely prancing about hither and yon, get swept under the carpet?  I wonder and I am........

Just curious.

24 minutes ago, Always curious said:

Extremely short notice (in December) was given to ex-pats by authorities (in January) saying that Embassy letters regarding  monthly income would suddenly no longer be accepted for Retirement Visa extensions. 

It was the Embassies of only 4 countries who stopped the letters with short notice, IO quickly moved to accommodate those affected to allow showing income. They still accept letters from those Embassies up to 6 months old, and are still and will continue accepting Embassy letters from the rest of the world!

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Embassies of only 4 countries

that seem incompetent (or plain lazy) to verify the income/funds statements.

Especially implausible for the US which tax/revenue office seems to track down it's citizen to the most remote corner of the world.

Archived