Long term parking at Swampy

I only pulled into the short term parking once to meet up for lunch  with a friend  who was leaving the country.

To put it nicely it seemed  to be a bit of a mad house to me.    After driving around for  literally 30 minutes I found one place where it looked relatively safe to park the car in from of another parked car and leave the trans in neutral.   That's the very first time I've done that in my life.    I  can't say I like it.   

The prices for both long term and short term are  completely reasonable to me.

I read somewhere about the long term parking  not being especially safe but I really don't know.      Anyone have experience with the long term parking at Swampy?

The key to short-term parking if you enter from the north-side is to AVOID the drop-off level which shares the (now) air-conditioned walkways into the terminal. I think that's parking level 5? It's always full of double-parked cars.

I regularly use short-term car park 3 which is the second (last) most westerly one (Bangkok side) and go DOWN to level 4 where there's usually loads of spaces unless it's a big holiday weekend. My experience with car park 2 is it fills up first...since it's the first covered car park entrance you reach as well as sharing the terminal entry level.

bkk_3.jpg.6a52f14940cc66d001ab1fb7ee32543f.jpg

I have had success once getting a lower-level spot when entering from the ground level south-side (nearest terminal) but may just have been lucky that day (the north side level 5 entrances were closed for maintenance). Most drivers are averse to walking, hence the double-parking habit so levels 1 and 5 should be avoided.

The key to short-term parking if you enter from the north-side is to AVOID the drop-off level which shares the (now) air-conditioned walkways into the terminal. I think that's parking level 5? It's always full of double-parked cars.

I regularly use short-term car park 3 which is the second (last) most westerly one (Bangkok side) and go DOWN to level 4 where there's usually loads of spaces unless it's a big holiday weekend. My experience with car park 2 is it fills up first...since it's the first covered car park entrance you reach as well as sharing the terminal entry level.

bkk_3.jpg.6a52f14940cc66d001ab1fb7ee32543f.jpg

I have had success once getting a lower-level spot when entering from the ground level south-side (nearest terminal) but may just have been lucky that day (the north side level 5 entrances were closed for maintenance). Most drivers are averse to walking, hence the double-parking habit so levels 1 and 5 should be avoided.

Do you take a compass everywhere you go?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived