Couple killed, six injured in three-vehicle pile-up in Prachin Buri

snoop1130

Couple killed, six injured in three-vehicle pile-up in Prachin Buri

By The Nation

cd69c146a7d0e397611284844928e3b4-sld.jpeg

A married couple were killed on Tuesday morning when their truck careered out of control on a road in Prachin Buri and crashed into a trailer truck and an SUV.

Police said the accident happened on highway No 304, in Moo 4 village of Na Di district’s Tambon Buppram, at 9am.

District chief Noppadol Ngamlua and other officials rushed to the scene to oversee the rescue operation.

The driver of a truck carrying palm oil died inside the vehicle, along with his wife, he said.

Their truck had been travelling downhill when the driver lost control and hit a trailer truck transporting vehicles in the other direction.

The palm-oil truck then crashed into a Toyota Fortuner SUV.

The trailer-truck driver, SUV driver and four passengers in the SUV were injured in the three-vehicle accident, the district chief said.

Six vehicles being transported on the back of the trailer-truck were also damaged.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364391

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-19

lost control, too much speed and bugger all brakes probably, these truck driver dont engage lower gears downhill for some reason, they just ride the brakes, sorry it involved the death of his wife as well

1 hour ago, seajae said:

lost control, too much speed and bugger all brakes probably, these truck driver dont engage lower gears downhill for some reason, they just ride the brakes, sorry it involved the death of his wife as well

Happened just down the road from me.

The main suspect, from the locals is sleep.

But you are right about possible brake loss.

304 is a major heavy transport hub.

I have found in driving scoots and small vehicles along this road

that the truck drivers are very responsible and courteous.

It is crazy bike riders without helmets, and drivers of brand new 4x4 vehicles

that speed and weave their way through long columns of traffic that cause massive breaking of all traffic.

I would not be surprised if a scoot or unskilled small vehicle driver caused the accident.

In Thailand there are many reasons for the death toll,  with cars and trucks, bad brakes, bad driving, bad road skills, inattention, sleepness.   In Canada, the reasons are much the same, except in Winter, there are many crashes caused by drivers that never drove on slippery roads, and go speeding along right into the accident. Then the new driver, usually from some hot country will say. Oh I did not think it was slippery.   All over the world, there are idiots that drive, crash, and make life miserable for people around them. That is my take anyway.

Geezer

On 2/19/2019 at 11:51 AM, seajae said:

The reason is money. If you engage a lower gear, you will use more petrol (or gas) .........,,,simple !

Archived