Avatar 2: James Cameron Talks Jake And Neytiri’s Family In Sequel – Exclusive

snoop1130

Avatar 2: James Cameron Talks Jake And Neytiri’s Family In Sequel – Exclusive

by Ben Travis, Chris Hewitt

When we left Jake Sully at the end of Avatar, he was about to start a whole new life – leaving his Earthly body behind, and entering a Na’vi body to live among Neytiri and her fellow Pandora-dwellers.

By the time the sequel comes around in 2020, the pair’s relationship will have moved forward considerably, as James Cameron himself revealed in a new Empire interview.

Talking for a very special Empire Podcast documentary for Empire 30 – a 30-minute Avatar making-of, featuring brand new interviews and insights – the filmmaker revealed some interesting tidbits about the highly-secretive sequel.

For one, it’s set several years on from the 2009 original – Jake and Neytiri are still together, and they now have an eight year-old daughter.

Full Story: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/avatar-2-james-cameron-talks-jake-neytiri-family-sequel-exclusive/

So over-rated.  Random blue people walk around a jungle.  Why don't you just use a real jungle and paint the actors blue?

I can think of few CG/Anime movies which should be in Avatars place but Asian cinema is pretty much unheard of outside of Asia.

19 minutes ago, johnray said:

So over-rated.  Random blue people walk around a jungle.  Why don't you just use a real jungle and paint the actors blue?

I can think of few CG/Anime movies which should be in Avatars place but Asian cinema is pretty much unheard of outside of Asia.

One of the best movies I saw - and more than one time

The movie is mainly known for it's extensive CGI, but was also heavily criticized for basically being an "evil white cowboys" attacking the peaceful Indians story line. Both sides of the story were heavily overplayed and as unrealistic as the CGI was realistic.

The scripting also had some lame parts. At one point I was checking to see if the US Marine Corp had a story writing credit as they continuously referred to everyone with a gun as being a "Marine" as though no other soldiers existed.

I still think it was the CGI that made the movie a hit and that is probably what will make the sequel a hit as well, despite what will probably be an even lamer story this time around. (Let me guess - evil white guys try to invade again so they can slaughter the peaceful inhabitants and steal their resources, only to be defeated by the young daughter of the guy who saved them last time, when she bonds with a newer, bigger, meaner "turok" and leads the (re-re-united clans) against the evil white guys.)

Well, it seems (after a bit of searching) that I may not be far off. Some of the characters from the first movie will be reprising their roles in the sequel, even ones who were killed in the first one. It seems that there will again be a conflict with the same mining company (and people) that were the "bad guys" in the first movie.

There is also an Avatar 3 in the works but James Cameron has said that if 2 and 3 don't make money, there won't be a 4 and 5, so it sounds like they have some more story lines in the works beyond this one (but you can be sure if 2 sucks and doesn't make money, 3 will be scrapped as well).

Kind of like how the Hans Solo movie tanked (even though it still made money, it was no where near what they were expecting) and now Disney is reconsidering whether to make any more Star Wars movies. At least not until they come up with some newer, better ideas. And casting choices maybe.

18 hours ago, johnray said:

The movie was brilliant one of the best.

Archived