Thai bureaucracy - use the facilities, 24/7/365 !!

WonnabeBiker

Today, I had a severe toothache. The whole jaw has been infected. The pain could not be controlled with Paracetamol.

• Why don't they let advanced students treat desperate people?
  • Charge more and pay the staff overtime?
  • So they have a pharmacy, but won't sell esesntial drugs like Warferine?!? 

Oh, it's a  h o l i d y. 

Students need practice. Poor people need treatment. Little stuff like opening a puss filled boil, extracting a tooth... With proper disclaimers, so no one can sue if the treatment is substandard.

---

Having the treatment rooms and not using them reeks of government bureaucracy and lack of management.

Most drugs, including warfarin, are sold over the counter in pharmacies, no need to go to a hospital for it.

Hodpital pharnacies do not directly sell medications to the public. They only fill prescriptions for drugs ordered by their own doctors for hospital patients.

All hospitals of any size have 24 hour emergency rooms.

So I really don't understand what you are talking about. Possibly you went to a small (district level) government hospital? Or government dental hospital? After hours or on a weekend?

If you have a problem that can't wait just go to the ER of any large general hospital. And if you just need to buy medication, go to a pharmacy. These aren't open all night but they are usually open till 8-9 pm and 7 days a week.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, WonnabeBiker said:

Little stuff like opening a puss filled boil, extracting a tooth...

If you have infection first step is to control that - long before any extraction.  Unless you love pain.  Local pain shots do not work when absorbed by the puss.  Been there - and never want to return.

Archived