Safest brakes, nmax or aerox 155cc (both abs)

Ks45672

I have a young relative getting an nmax or aerox 155cc soon 

I own an aerox and i love it (non abs) 

The nmax has dual discs with abs front and rear but the wheels are 13" and a thinner tyre

The aerox has only abs on the front iirc but 14" wheels and wider tyres so more contact patch etc and mine stops on a dime (but I know my limitations as Clint Eastwood said ) 

Has anyone got both or any info how effective abs is on just one wheel vs both? (I've only used bikes that had it on both wheels so i don't know how good it is on only 1 wheel etc) 

He likes/wants the aerox because its cooler but would the nmax be a safer option for people without decades of experience ? 

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Wouldn't think there's any noticeable difference.

Both Yams bigger tyre will brake better and the front only ABS OK.

If he likes the Aerox let him have it because it's better than yours. ????

Yes, its cooler than mine lol

It even has idle stop and mine doesn't, i got the old 2017 one with the gas shocks 

I also think the greater contact patch of wider tires will equal out the nmax double disc abs with smaller wheels and tyres but the sales person told his mother the nmax has "safer brakes" and aerox is more "dangerous" (probably to meet sales targets) 

I told her every bike in the dealership has the potential to be "dangerous" if he rides  too fast for the road conditions ????

Bus and skytrain "safer" ???? 

Would love to see a test of them both slamming on the brakes at 120km to compare stopping distance! 

1 minute ago, Damrongsak said:

I'd rather deal with a back wheel skidding than having the front wheel slip out on a turn. But I'm not all that experienced, just learned to ride on dirt.

All of my big bike 650cc up have abs on both wheels and it will save your bacon sometime... 

There is not many people, even professional riders who can beat abs on a dry road, even fewer in the wet

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

All of my big bike 650cc up have abs on both wheels and it will save your bacon sometime... 

There is not many people, even professional riders who can beat abs on a dry road, even fewer in the wet

I don't doubt you.  I came up from the world of mini-bikes with only a steel brake that rubbed against the rear tire. More worrisome was the front wheel where the balls were missing from the ball bearings.  With the square profile tires and short wheelbase, it made for poor handling.

s-l1000.jpg

I don't think the brakes are the problem.

Look at accidents. Do they happen because good or bad brakes?

How many accidents would not have happened if the bike would have had the perfect brakes?

I think learning to ride, maybe including some advanced training, is a lot more important than slightly different brakes.

And obviously we have to know our limitations and the risks we are willing to take.

Having been young on 2 wheels before my vote goes to let him have the Aerox. If you get him an NMax he will only spend lots of money trying to make his NMax into an Aerox. Ask me how I know?

Not having ABS on the rear will not make riding the bike any more dangerous !

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

but the sales person told his mother the nmax has "safer brakes" and aerox is more "dangerous" (probably to meet sales targets) 

Correct sales people like that are more dangerous.

His mother should make sure he knows how ride and stop if at all possible.

If your that concern and you have experience test him out on a ride out yourself, you may save him from injury or worst.

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I'd rather deal with a back wheel skidding than having the front wheel slip out on a turn. But I'm not all that experienced, just learned to ride on dirt.

yes skidding the rear wheel around is super fun

once you get the hang of it

Archived