Airport smokers kicked out of Thai terminals

webfact

14 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Well, until they realise many, many Chinese tourists love their smokes. 

They were smoking while standing in line at immigration when I went through swampy a few weeks ago. Security did nothing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

If you support banning smoking, you should be more

concerned with banning alcohol.

Alcohol is the No. 1 killer globally, but that's ok, yes?

Fine with me. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, eat healthy food and exercise regularly. I’d be ok with a fast food ban too. 

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

It is just clear of the building, in a small garden area

to the side, 1 minute walk.

Can you give any more info re location ,I cannot think of an accessible garden area near departures or arrivals.(any signs etc)

Thanks

8 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

Can you give any more info re location ,I cannot think of an accessible garden area near departures or arrivals.(any signs etc)

Thanks

Going out of air terminal building door, ground floor, next to the

Thai food hall. turn left, walk for a minute and you should see

the shrubbery.

[I think its door 8... where you can book the Pattaya bus]

Nice to smoke in fresh air...if that makes sense!

On 2/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Anyone want to start a smoker's only airline, terminal, and lounges?

Many many years ago British Airways had two nightly flights, leaving at approx the same time, from London Heathrow to Hong Kong, one was a smoking flight the other non smoking. Woe betide you if you got on the wrong one.

What is this "second hand-smoke and innocent babies"- crap about?

Take a well isolated room with a functioning ventilation system and DON'T TAKE YOUR BABY IN THERE and the problem is solved!

This anti- smoking hysteria is absolutely ridiculous! 

15 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Going out of air terminal building door, ground floor, next to the

Thai food hall. turn left, walk for a minute and you should see

the shrubbery.

[I think its door 8... where you can book the Pattaya bus]

Nice to smoke in fresh air...if that makes sense!

"Nice to smoke in fresh air...if that makes sense!"

Nope- it doesn't!

It's Bangkok, man!

Fresh air was last to be had in 1973!

Another reason, why the hysteria is just laughable!

Take a walk in the "fresh" Bangkok- air and you probably damage your lunge more, than you could ever do with 2nd hand smoke!

49 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Take a well isolated room with a functioning ventilation system and DON'T TAKE YOUR BABY IN THERE and the problem is solved!

Yep. You can sit outside at the airport and breathe in the exhaust from the planes or outside at a restaurant and have your share of diesel exhaust.

Better just stay home.

17 hours ago, dcnx said:

Fine with me. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, eat healthy food and exercise regularly. I’d be ok with a fast food ban too. 

I applaud your lifestyle but unfortunately the boredom would kill me.

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Agreed... I don’t smoke, but I can’t see any reason why smokers shouldn’t be allowed somewhere to smoke... Coffee drinkers have cafes, boozers have erm... boozers...

A smoking room which is clean, well ventilated and a pleasant place to be is not going to hurt anyone - put a coffee vending machine in there, a booze vending machine (cans of beer as the vending machines do in Japan).... no one has to work there then... it just has to be cleaned from time to time... 

There is no reason to ostracise smokers as if they are criminal scum... give them somewhere to enjoy a smoke and they may be more considerate at other times...

18 hours ago, dcnx said:

They were smoking while standing in line at immigration when I went through swampy a few weeks ago. Security did nothing.

Well, I’m not sure what’s worse... smoking in the immigration line or taking a pee or poop.... 

Yes, I’ve been told by people who work at the airport that both has happened.....

On 2/20/2019 at 7:48 AM, meand said:

Don't stop there! Smokers only condos, restaurants, etc. 

My mate had a great idea for an airline to be named "Disgusting Air"

Skimpy clad flight attendants  (ala Soi Cowboy outfits ), smoking, unlimited booze,  and blue movies...perfect!!

On 2/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, Prince77 said:

Well, many posting here in favor of the smoking ban simply forget that many live in Bangkok - comparing the Bangkok air with a second hand puff is just ridiciulous. Any BBQ will release more toxic fumes than 1000 cigarettes.

People asking me for a light in Bangkok usually get the reply "Why smoke a cigarette? Just inhale." Not popular. And I know that the air pollution doesn't include nicotine. 

On the other hand - people who add to the pollution just for the selfish enjoyment of smoking cigarettes can go f*%k themselves.

On 2/20/2019 at 4:29 AM, davemos said:

So I suppose that on the way to a taxi you will have to fight your way through clouds of smoke and smokers .They should ban smoking outside the airport too .

If the smoke won't kill you, the exhaust fumes will. Let's ban those taxis whilst we are at it, much worse than "second hand smoke".

Nothing more sad then people complaining about smoking, whilst ignoring real threats, Ex smoker no doubt, they are usually the worst. 

As to banning smoking outside the airport, they already done that several years ago, except for two tiny little areas, smoking right outside of BKK's airport is already prohibited. It's absolutely ludicrous. We are outside, in one of the most polluted cities in the world, can't even light a smoke. 

The anti smoke zealots should be banned, the world would be a much nicer and better place. 

Where there are humans, there is pollution. Grumbling

about smokers is not going to stop pollution, you must

ban all forms of combustion, which means shutting down

electrical power, all forms of mechanical transport, and

manufacturing, finally eradicating all human life, grumblers

first.

2 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Where there are humans, there is pollution. Grumbling

about smokers is not going to stop pollution, you must

ban all forms of combustion, which means shutting down

electrical power, all forms of mechanical transport, and

manufacturing, finally eradicating all human life, grumblers

first.

You fix one thing at a time. As an adult, you should know this by now.

Thailand has a long way go but a step forward is a step forward, so long as it’s enforced. Flip a coin.

3 hours ago, dcnx said:

You fix one thing at a time. As an adult, you should know this by now.

Thailand has a long way go but a step forward is a step forward, so long as it’s enforced. Flip a coin.

Point is, there is plenty of evidence, smoking is not the worst kind of pollution. But I get it, pointing fingers and driving off in your big fat polluting car, or turning on your fat polluting airco, is the easy way out. 

Sick and tired of the double standards and the sheer stupidity. People claiming this, haven't got a leg to stand on...

And of all places, Thailand ? You got to be joking, a few smoking rooms in the airport is no problem. Money talks and bullshit reigns suprime.

Most smokers have their heads in the sand. "I'll stop when they can prove it's harmful", etc. As soon as you get outside Sydney airport, it stinks of cigarette smoke. If you want to sit outside at a restaurant in Sydney, well...... that's where the smokers sit.
The three most selfish groups of people in the world :-
Parents of young children.
Dog owners.
Smokers.
That's why you need rules. So that these <deleted> don't run amok!

Sent from my CPH1727 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, crouchpeter said:

Most smokers have their heads in the sand. "I'll stop when they can prove it's harmful", etc. As soon as you get outside Sydney airport, it stinks of cigarette smoke. If you want to sit outside at a restaurant in Sydney, well...... that's where the smokers sit.
The three most selfish groups of people in the world :-
Parents of young children.
Dog owners.
Smokers.
That's why you need rules. So that these <deleted> don't run amok!

Sent from my CPH1727 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I can almost hear your discontent with the world, but bear

in mind that when you leave Sydney airport, you have just

burnt 5 metric tonnes of fuel per hour on your Boeing 777

for your pleasure. To avoid being called a hypocrite, you

should stop flying and get a bicycle.

What rule do you suggest for looking after kids?

This is so ridiculous.

Like smoking rooms were a issue for non-smokers, or hard to maintain.

It tells a lot about this crazyness of the world. WAR on smokers, those criminals, those public ennemy !

In the meantime : MASSIVE fields burning everywhere in the world, MASSIVE chemical pollution, MASSIVE transport pollution (and those KILL way more than smoking, yes, check it out), people burning their TRASH in Asia ! (that's a much worse problem too)...

But hey no, world is stupid and lazy, so just war on smokers, actual scapegoats. The tree hiding the forest (yeah i mean to joke here :)).

Most stupid thing i saw (with this stupid move from Thai airport), was in Panama Airport : in the middle of airport pollution (planes), in the car-arrival zone (you can smell it i garantee), i went on a side to smoke one, alone not near anybody, and a security guy came up to stop me. 

Best airport i transited : Tokyo Narita, very clean and modern smoking area (and airport).

So indeed everybody or company can make huge pollution, but smokers are criminals now... 

Don't be fooled though : almost everybody will have a cancer or another hard disease, from POLLUTION. But keep ignoring the main problems, otherwise it would require much better than just a cheap war on scapegoats.

13 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

you have just

burnt 5 metric tonnes of fuel per hour on your Boeing 777

That maybe, but non smokers don't get the putrid smell of cigarette ash akin to taking a dump on the floor in the departure lounge from the big birds.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, Oziex1 said:

Well, until they realise many, many Chinese tourists love their smokes. 

And Thais as well as asians in general...yet another "duh" in the inferior Thai intellect when it comes to the people who supposedly dictate policy. Idiots.

Carnage very day, yet no attempt to police traffic. "Envelopes" every day and that last story of the French vapor who was not only fined, but when she said "<deleted> you", they retaliated by banning her.  This makes Thais llok like idiots and I challenge you to offer evidence that would refute my statement.

Vaping teens et all elsewhere....no reinforcement amongst Thai citizens. Yet the scum bag  police decided to pick a tourist and extort her ....YES- extort her for vaping. So here's a warning Thai police...YOU will be eliminated because you're not only stupid, but corrupt.

Archived