Teenager who joined IS group in Syria to lose UK citizenship

webfact

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Given that she had dual nationality, it was the British government's only option. Had she been a 100% British citizen born in the UK, the British government would have been totally unable to legally strip her of her British nationality.

this seems to be completely overlooked

36 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

The UK Government made a correct decision. Don't understand what all the blather is about. It's a non issue.

The UK should have taken responsibility and prosecuted her. However, they took the easy way out and said "we wash our hands of her." I understand that, but they should also have said to Bangladesh or the US or whoever is saddled with her, that they recommend prosecution and would be glad to assist in that. Otherwise, it's just a chicken-sh!t way to offload this problem on others.

11 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

this seems to be completely overlooked

This has been extensively discussed in the earlier thread about this. Unfortunately many there were willing to overlook facts and legal issues.

Whereas in Canada, when the (Conservative) government strips the citizenship from an immigrant that was convicted on terrorist charges (and planned to mass murder as many Canadians as he and his fellow terrorists could), the Liberal government (under Justin Trudeau's "leadership") made it a priority to restore his citizenship as fast as they could after they were elected.

This is the same leader that publicly stated that "immigrants make better Canadians" - meaning those of us who were born and raised in the country (and bled for it) aren't as "good" as the people who pretend to immigrate so they can get the golden Canadian passport while planning to attack and murder us.
(Or those who use their new passports to travel around freely so they can join terrorist groups like ISIS and then flee back to Canada when they start to lose, knowing the Liberals will refuse to even arrest them !)

This is also the same government that thinks a hardened criminal who spent 5 years in a Thai prison (after being convicted of murdering, mutilating and dismembering a young woman in Thailand) shouldn't have to do any more time, so they arranged to have him transferred back to Canada and released almost immediately afterwards. (That person was arrested in Canada less than a year later after committing a string of bank robberies there - again.)

Even people who admitted to joining ISIS and committing murder have been allowed to return to the country and avoid arrest (by claiming that they had been lying when they said they'd murdered people before). 

The Liberal Government - state sponsors of terrorism since Nov 2016.

16 minutes ago, stevenwung said:

Support the Govt's decision.

Even if she hold her citizenship, she may be a thread to other citizens.

We don't know what happened to her in these years. 

Well, she had 3 kids, so it's a fair bet that she spent a lot of her time with her legs in the air.

What a load of nonsense being spoken about the UK Government should have prosecuted her. These lot shouldn't be going anywhere.

If you commit a crime in Thailand. You are arrested by the RTP. You are judged by the Thai courts and your sentence is served in Thailand. 

Their crimes were committed mainly in Syria and Iraq.

They are Muslims that want Shariah law.

The Syrian and Iraqi peoples countries are in ruins from fighting these people. 

Their woman and children have been wholesale slaughtered. 

They should be handed over to the authorities of these countries. Let the people decide who's houses are ruined and family members have been killed or are in the ground what should happen to them. They should be tried under Shariah law that they so much long for.  

It does not matter what Nationality you are or where you are from. These crimes were committed mainly in Syria and to a lesser extent Iraq. That's where it should remain and the world should move on.  

2 hours ago, BB1958 said:

I'm afraid it would be easier to get the sun to shine at midnight in London, than it will be to stop this "ISIS poster girl" and her child from returning to the UK.

I served 8 years in the British Royal Navy, at a time when Britain was not ruled by "British Muslims"... 

Britain, it's heritage, it's culture, it's identity and everything that once made us who we are - is gone, seemingly forever. 

As crazy as some may see this - I sometimes wish President Donald Trump was the Prime Minister of Britain. 

except for your last paragraph I agree. Nobody needs the Donald.

28 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

The UK should have taken responsibility and prosecuted her. However, they took the easy way out and said "we wash our hands of her." I understand that, but they should also have said to Bangladesh or the US or whoever is saddled with her, that they recommend prosecution and would be glad to assist in that. Otherwise, it's just a chicken-sh!t way to offload this problem on others.

The UK cannot tell Bangladesh what to do with its citizens  , also , as she committed no crimes in the UK, the UK wouldnt be able to assist with any prosecution 

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This is an interesting development. I remember when this story first broke the narrative ran that she was born in Bangladesh and at age 3 moved to the UK. Then over the last week the story was that she was born in the UK. Now she has her citizenship revoked because she holds Bangladesh citizenship. So, she was born abroad after all, or??

If only Britain could learn from this sorry saga. It takes more than throwing a passport at somebody to make them a real Brit. Time to overhaul the whole system. The candidate must have lived continuously in the UK legally and paid income taxes for at least 20 years, and must be able to prove a "oneness" with British culture to be eligible for a UK passport. That together with a totally clear criminal record and we would be getting somewhere.

Bangladesh has similar citizenship laws to Thailand in this respect - born of a Bangladeshi parent, at home or abroad, you're Bangladeshi (ref. Wikipedia). 

Has anyone considered she was a minor (15) when she went off to jihad? Should she be tried as an adult or a minor (if any trial were to happen)?

Old enough to reproduce doesn't mean old enough to be tried as an adult. One could argue that a mature mind might interfere with decision to pop out little jihadis, so from evolution view lacking sense could be seen as greater likelihood to pass on DNA

This is an interesting development. I remember when this story first broke the narrative ran that she was born in Bangladesh and at age 3 moved to the UK. Then over the last week the story was that she was born in the UK. Now she has her citizenship revoked because she holds Bangladesh citizenship. So, she was born abroad after all, or??
If only Britain could learn from this sorry saga. It takes more than throwing a passport at somebody to make them a real Brit. Time to overhaul the whole system. The candidate must have lived continuously in the UK legally and paid income taxes for at least 20 years, and must be able to prove a "oneness" with British culture to be eligible for a UK passport. That together with a totally clear criminal record and we would be getting somewhere.
How would babies and young children get UK passports?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

As I pointed out, the majority of terrorists, in the UK, were born in the UK, second and sometimes third generation Brits. What do you advocate, deport all Moslems, British or not? Where would you deport them to? They're 100% British.

100% British ,yea right ,just because a dog is born in a stable it doesnt make it a horse .And before you call me a racist ,i worked with and amongst Muslims for many years and there are very very very few i would trust ,and the reason is their religion ,it tells them that we are less than they are .

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Had she been a 100% British citizen born in the UK, the British government would have been totally unable to legally strip her of her British nationality.

That is simply a lie spread by Islamophiles.  It could be done totally legally.

"By the Immigration Act 2014 [IA 2014], Parliament conferred upon the Secretary
    of State the power under review: that is, a power to deprive a person of British
    citizenship resulting from naturalisation, in circumstances where the
    consequence of that order is to render the person stateless."

Source:  assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/518120/David_Anderson_QC_-_CITIZENSHIP_REMOVAL__web_.pdf

If this is indeed true, kudos to the UK government.

She signed a deal with the devil and became his concubine - a whore of darkness.

Persona non grata is the only way to go - unless the UK wants to the radicalization of her spawn with taxpayer money.

2 hours ago, BB1958 said:

That would be unnecessary if we did not allow them in, in the first place

if there is to much water in the wine, then you'll have to prevent water to come in the wine...

same time you have to boil of the water or add more wine...

When the bucket is full already... then avoid those who still want to add more of anything...

But since life is a pyramid shaped gameplay, politicians will try to ad more and more...

Well in some ways i have to have a soupson of empathy for a teenager who has screwed up their life. We all make some errors when growing up some of which can be brushed off others cannot.

Why did she go and who convinced her it was a good idea would be the people I would be looking for.

She maybe more valuable as a mole, than as an outcast.

Now she has to go and live in a country where she has no experience and may not even speak the language.

On the other hand she could be an example to other teenagers to point out the them regardless of background that they may have some advantages in life that they are not fully aware of and that they should use those advantages to their benefit to get on in the world rather than simply piss their lives away.

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

On the other hand she could be an example to other teenagers to point out the them regardless of background that they may have some advantages in life that they are not fully aware of and that they should use those advantages to their benefit to get on in the world rather than simply piss their lives away.

The best way to achieve this is to make an example of her and to consign her to a life in Bangladesh, rather than welcome her back to a country that gave her everything, only for her to turn her back on it. Maybe other Moslem girls will think twice about forsaking their country in order to have a life of being a comfort girl for a bunch of terrorists.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

A sensible decision by the home office, who would have thought that possible.

Now all she has to do is get Dutch citizenship due to marriage to her Dutch husband and the back door is opened.

I understand that is a common position with them any way????.

As far as I'm concerned she made her bed so she can lie in it (again it appears she quite liked being in bed). I hope she rots, the terrorist loving scumbag.

The only thing she liked about the UK was the Welfare State she would have been happy to sponge off whilst spitting out more potential jihadi sprogs.

4 hours ago, BB1958 said:

I'm afraid it would be easier to get the sun to shine at midnight in London, than it will be to stop this "ISIS poster girl" and her child from returning to the UK.

I served 8 years in the British Royal Navy, at a time when Britain was not ruled by "British Muslims"... 

Britain, it's heritage, it's culture, it's identity and everything that once made us who we are - is gone, seemingly forever. 

As crazy as some may see this - I sometimes wish President Donald Trump was the Prime Minister of Britain. 

I agree. Very sad to see what the UK has become.

Archived