Teenager who joined IS group in Syria to lose UK citizenship

webfact

2 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

If we do have to take her back lets hope that we can drag this out in the courts for many years to come before she is let back on UK soil...after all it's taken nigh-on 20 years to get another runway at Heathrow so we're obviously good at it.

If she were to come back , she would probably be in the news every week .

"Begum attacked by racists"

"Begum subjected to online abuse "

"Begum given council house"

"Begum wants babies father to be able to visit"

I am quite surprised that there isnt a Television crew over in the Syrian refugee camp filing a TV programme called "I'm a terrorist, get me out of here*

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

did i say they were ? no ,but i can only talk about areas i have worked in .

as for fear and prejudice , be afraid be very afraid .maybe not yet ,but beware the wolfe is at the door

You responded to my comment on the lie there are Muslim only areas. If you weren't discussing that point, why respond to my post, if what you are saying has nothing to do with it?

Not afraid at at all, and the reason is there is nothing to be afraid of.

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” 
― Marie Curie

42 minutes ago, stevenl said:

What international law? If, as is now claimed, she has Bangladeshi nationality, there is no international law that forbids the UK to take away her UK nationality.

If she were allowed to retain her UK nationality, there is no barring her from return to the UK.

Very interesting interview on the BBC of Lord Carlile...

Seems to have inside knowledge, saying she is entitled to Bangladesh nationality because her mother was a Bengladeshi National, not that she was born there.

1 hour ago, telboybk said:

Biggest load of crap I've read for a while. And that's saying something.

Islamophobic? Is that a negative? I'm Islamophobic. The question is, why aren't you?

She's 19 now. And STILL has no regrets. How is she going to speak out against what she did? The UK Prevent Strategy has proven to be a total failure. It's even been banned from some universities. Maybe we could bribe her with some benefits, eh?
Let her and her terrorist sprog rot in the desert.

If really think prevention techniques work with religious Islamic extremists then you're in serious need of a reality attack, my son. 

A drone up the ass is the only thing they need.

Why aren’t I an islamophobic? That’s a pretty screwed up question, to which the answer is probably maturity, education and personal experience.... I do hate snakes though, but thats a phobia that has little negativity, unlike hating others for their religion.

a reality check? Me? After reading this bile, I’m thinking your in need of pacifying with a frontal lobotomy.... but let’s look at that paragraph a little closer.

prevention technique... so where your again mistaken is in assuming I’m talking about preventing or converting extremists back to peaceful citizens (btw... extremists are the issue, not Muslims as a religion)

No...  I’m talking about education to prevent them becoming extremists in the first place.... a balanced approach, vs the hate your spewing... an positive example to ill informed children, to better inform them of the situation, because what does not work is your hate speech.

meanwhile, she may be 19 now, but she was 15 when she made her fateful decision.... 15 year olds are not mature or well advised, and are oftentimes inclined to impulsive decisions, this may have been just that.... compound this with the fact that at 15, her education stopped, and was replaced by immersion in god knows what... certainly it was not in any form of higher education or mainstream life and the exercise of freedom

I can’t really speak as to her current mental condition... but surely you have heard of Stockholm syndrome, which is something to consider... that said, another member did respond in a not so despicable a manner, to inform me that this child (in mind, if not in body) showed no contrition during an interview, to which I already responded that this would be a negative point in her returning to the UK,  effectively obviating my thoughts about the possibility of using this child’s experience to benifit other children considering similar ill advised decisions.

you might think my previous post a load of crap, but please know that in ten years of reading this forum, you have just posted one of the most outrageous and hateful posts I’ve every read... well done, you’ve reset the bar to a new low

”let her terrorist sprog rot in the desert”.... wow... what a statement... definitely a new and despicable low... are you a Christian, per chance?

1. This teenage girl went on her own accord to marry a terrorist, and have his kid. She should stay where she is, as don't they new young people and kids for the future of the country she is in? Oh she has had a change of heart and now wants to come back to the U.K.  Well,  Bangladesh, here is your baby, look she is all grown up and has a kid. Do you want her back?
  2. Geezer

Revoking citizenship is a rash decision of  laziness from the government.

If she is a combatant why not bring her to the trial in UK? No hard evidence?

Many comments here express the white version of Islamic extremacy, overt bigotry. The likes of "Let her and her terrorist sprog" rot in the desert, talking about a British child. Pure racist stupidity.

The family have launched an appeal against the ruling. The case hinges around whether she has dual nationality or not. Currently, she has one passport, a British passport. If so, she can't have her citizenship revoked and made a stateless person. The argument for is that she is entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship through parentage. However, she currently does not hold Bangladeshi citizenship.

A tricky one for the lawyers. Could go either way. My gut feeling is that she will be allowed to keep her UK citizenship unfortunately.

It has been decided that she will remain in the Syrian refugee camp until a final decision is made. Hopefully, they can drag it through the courts for years.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

Very interesting interview on the BBC of Lord Carlile...

Seems to have inside knowledge, saying she is entitled to Bangladesh nationality because her mother was a Bengladeshi National, not that she was born there.

Good article in The Guardian, see link on previous page.

You responded to my comment on the lie there are Muslim only areas. If you weren't discussing that point, why respond to my post, if what you are saying has nothing to do with it?

Not afraid at at all, and the reason is there is nothing to be afraid of.

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” 
― Marie Curie
Trouble with muslims they do not want to be understood,they just want to take over and control.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I can’t really speak as to her current mental condition... but surely you have heard of Stockholm syndrome, which is something to consider.

Stockholm Syndrome doesn't apply, that is when a hostage gains empathy with their captors. At no time was she a hostage or had captors. Everything she did, including leaving home to join ISIS, she did of her own volition.

Just now, ivor bigun said:

As for this girl,she was happy to stay eith the terrorist while they were in control,now they have lost she wants out and to come back ,well love i have two words for you and the second one is off.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You do know that those who tried to walk away from the califate were allowed to leave, but their head had to stay behind?

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

― Marie Curie

She said before dying of cancer caused by radiation because she didn't understand the implications of being irradiated. Dozy cow.

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The UK is not ruled by "British Muslims".

British culture has not gone, it's still there. 

The poster's subsequent post shows they have no tolerance for faiths they do not share. #8

Poster is spreading propaganda based on intolerance.

No it does not! I have no tolerance for ANY "faith" (In a religious context)

I don't spread propaganda based on intolerance - as I am NOT a religious person.

Yes there are remnants of our once great culture that I will agree with. One just hopes that a person will emerge from these "remnants" and steer Great Britain away from the "politically correct" nightmare we seem to have become

You will not understand this: Mr Bluespunk and you will spend your time finding (What for you is) a suitable insult -

However, for the record, I WELCOME citizens of our "Commonwealth of Nations" to join us British in moving forward to a new multicultural destiny - AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT MUSLIM.  

Look at what Canada did to their poor, Muslim child soldier, that killed an American medic.

Got him back to Canada from Cuba, then paid him 10.5 million Canadian dollars.  What a fine country of idiots I get to live in. Please U.K. have more brains than this...

Geezer

Looks like the Uk got this one right. There is a limit. You turn your back on your country, and openly declare war on them, and there has to be a price for your foolishness. Hope she becomes a pariah, a fate all soldiers of ISIS, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban richly deserve. 

Her family are now considering taking legal action , against the UK Goverment,  using legal aid of course .

She will return , has all the makings of a future  member of parliament .

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Looks like the Uk got this one right. There is a limit. You turn your back on your country, and openly declare war on them, and there has to be a price for your foolishness. Hope she becomes a pariah, a fate all soldiers of ISIS, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban richly deserve. 

I think her downfall started with the Times interview, Hatred for the UK, glorifying the barbaric actions of the IS,  yet she wants to come back...

At least no one can call the Home Secretary a racist.

8 minutes ago, tebee said:

Whats your point???

You just posted a 100 page document, now if I were to read it what am I supposed to be looking for???

15 hours ago, Basil B said:

I think her downfall started with the Times interview, Hatred for the UK, glorifying the barbaric actions of the IS,  yet she wants to come back...

At least no one can call the Home Secretary a racist.

Just an Ailian will sufice for Thai Imegration. At least they get somethings right.!.

24 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Whats your point???

You just posted a 100 page document, now if I were to read it what am I supposed to be looking for???

It’s the Home Office 2018 counter-terrorism strategy, foreword by Sajid Javid.

It illustrates how to deal with a British woman who travels to join ISIS and has a baby:

- Managed return to UK
- Criminal investigation
- Deradicalisation
- Care for baby

9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This is an interesting development. I remember when this story first broke the narrative ran that she was born in Bangladesh and at age 3 moved to the UK. Then over the last week the story was that she was born in the UK. Now she has her citizenship revoked because she holds Bangladesh citizenship. So, she was born abroad after all, or??

If only Britain could learn from this sorry saga. It takes more than throwing a passport at somebody to make them a real Brit. Time to overhaul the whole system. The candidate must have lived continuously in the UK legally and paid income taxes for at least 20 years, and must be able to prove a "oneness" with British culture to be eligible for a UK passport. That together with a totally clear criminal record and we would be getting somewhere.

i totally agree

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, the group that carried out the London Tube bombings, were born and raised in the UK and carried British passports. AS with the group that carried out a failed attempt to repeat the atrocity a few months later, all uni students.

The answer doesn't lie with preventing Moslems coming to the UK, the answer is to prevent the radicalisation of these youngsters once they are in the UK.

Come down hard on the Mosques/madrassas, expel the evil Mullahs preaching hate and most of all curtail social media from allowing their apps to aid the spreading of these evil doctrines to youngsters.

Zuckerberg, you are giving aid and succour to the most evil, morally bankrupt, terrorists that the world has ever known. You are a criminal. Spending the rest of your sad life in prison is less than you deserve.

I am in agreement with that but it should apply to all extremist groups.  I think we have become too politically correct to effectively police the many problems in British society.   The far right are as toxic as any other extremist group and they are certainly home grown.  Likewise there are some really evil Islamic groups that need to be neutralised wherever possible.

There are no easy options but with the government constantly cutting back the police numbers, it makes their job even harder.  Nobody wants to live in a police state but nor do we want to live in a lawless society. 

Now where did I put that spliff! 

57 minutes ago, BB1958 said:

No it does not! I have no tolerance for ANY "faith" (In a religious context)

I don't spread propaganda based on intolerance - as I am NOT a religious person.

Yes there are remnants of our once great culture that I will agree with. One just hopes that a person will emerge from these "remnants" and steer Great Britain away from the "politically correct" nightmare we seem to have become

You will not understand this: Mr Bluespunk and you will spend your time finding (What for you is) a suitable insult -

However, for the record, I WELCOME citizens of our "Commonwealth of Nations" to join us British in moving forward to a new multicultural destiny - AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT MUSLIM.  

No need to insult you. 

Your last seven words back up everything i said. 

Archived